Savelio

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
TT Tiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Savelio

Post by TT Tiger » Tue May 04, 2021 7:52 am

lurcher wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:48 pm
grade F is 8 matches. strange theres not a mention of it on the wigan board yet.
KR did mention in his statement about player welfare. That to me says they are expecting the ban to finish off clubbs career. Maybe an 18 month suspension? And they know the devastating affect a ban like that had on Terry Newton.

Tigerwood posse
Junior Moors
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:25 pm
Twitter: no

Re: Savelio

Post by Tigerwood posse » Tue May 04, 2021 11:39 am

Unfortunately, even if clubb is innocent, in this current Uber “Woke” climate and sky now being completely “over the top” supportive of BLM and Anti Racism cause(I say this because it’s been blown out of all proportion by Sky and I think we are all sick of the kneeling now) and now being owned by Comcast, who are massive lefties and funded BLM and the Democrats in America, Clubb only as to appear to be guilty and he’s done for!!

FIat Capper
Dean Widders
Posts: 497
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:59 pm

Re: Savelio

Post by FIat Capper » Tue May 04, 2021 12:02 pm

Tigerwood posse wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:39 am
Unfortunately, even if clubb is innocent, in this current Uber “Woke” climate and sky now being completely “over the top” supportive of BLM and Anti Racism cause(I say this because it’s been blown out of all proportion by Sky and I think we are all sick of the kneeling now) and now being owned by Comcast, who are massive lefties and funded BLM and the Democrats in America, Clubb only as to appear to be guilty and he’s done for!!
I genuinely cannot understand why anyone makes these comments. If, and it remains an if at this stage, Clubb has made reference to Savelio's heritage in a derogatory manner - it's racist. End of...

North Leeds Tiger
Dean Widders
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:55 pm
Location: Moortown

Re: Savelio

Post by North Leeds Tiger » Tue May 04, 2021 12:18 pm

I wish it was 'all blown out of proportion', but listening to the latest post on Ian Wrights twitter as shared with Alan Shearer was sickening and its typical of Racial insults he receives everyday. Last night on the news featured people from the Chinese communities who have been attacked and spat on because of Covid, including a young Doctor. Social media shut down this weekend in protest to record number of racist attacks on twitter, In the US theres still athletes, Proffesionals and even high ranking Army officers held at gun point by the Police for minor trafiic offences fearing for thier lives because ofthier skin colour rather than fearing points on thier driving license
. It might have all died down in Allerton Bywater, Rothwell ect, but its still real and getting worse and not any better in other parts of this country and the wider world.

nottinghamtiger
Brad Davis
Posts: 5107
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Savelio

Post by nottinghamtiger » Tue May 04, 2021 1:04 pm

With no crowds at the game, you’d think a microphone somewhere will have picked up what was said. Technology these days is able to manipulate what is said between people quite some distance away from the microphone.
The speed with which he has been charged suggests (to me) that there is some pretty compelling evidence. Often in cases like this, the hearing is delayed for weeks as witness statements etc are taken etc. This time, it’s straight to the tribunal.
I don’t think they will suspend him for months on end. Precedent is set with other cases (eg Justin Carney was banned for 8 games for making a racist comment to another player).
Clubb’s main issue might be that Wigan may see it as a reason to sack him, and it’s unlikely another club would be keen to court the controversy of taking him on.
It bad for the game whatever happens. If he’s found ‘not guilty’ it will be all about not believing Savelio. If he’s found guilty, it will be all about racism in RL.

nottinghamtiger
Brad Davis
Posts: 5107
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Savelio

Post by nottinghamtiger » Tue May 04, 2021 1:07 pm

Tigerwood posse wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:39 am
Unfortunately, even if clubb is innocent, in this current Uber “Woke” climate and sky now being completely “over the top” supportive of BLM and Anti Racism cause(I say this because it’s been blown out of all proportion by Sky and I think we are all sick of the kneeling now) and now being owned by Comcast, who are massive lefties and funded BLM and the Democrats in America, Clubb only as to appear to be guilty and he’s done for!!
As far as I know, Sky don’t run the RFL Disciplinary Committee (nor do BLM, Comcast or democrats in America), so I’m not sure what the point is.

CasG
Sean Rudder
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:38 pm

Re: Savelio

Post by CasG » Tue May 04, 2021 1:47 pm

Tigerwood posse wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:39 am
Unfortunately, even if clubb is innocent, in this current Uber “Woke” climate and sky now being completely “over the top” supportive of BLM and Anti Racism cause(I say this because it’s been blown out of all proportion by Sky and I think we are all sick of the kneeling now) and now being owned by Comcast, who are massive lefties and funded BLM and the Democrats in America, Clubb only as to appear to be guilty and he’s done for!!
Are you a flat Earther by any chance?

CasG
Sean Rudder
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:38 pm

Re: Savelio

Post by CasG » Tue May 04, 2021 1:49 pm

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:07 pm
Tigerwood posse wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:39 am
Unfortunately, even if clubb is innocent, in this current Uber “Woke” climate and sky now being completely “over the top” supportive of BLM and Anti Racism cause(I say this because it’s been blown out of all proportion by Sky and I think we are all sick of the kneeling now) and now being owned by Comcast, who are massive lefties and funded BLM and the Democrats in America, Clubb only as to appear to be guilty and he’s done for!!
As far as I know, Sky don’t run the RFL Disciplinary Committee (nor do BLM, Comcast or democrats in America), so I’m not sure what the point is.
It's all Jeremy Corbyn and those vegans fault!!

casjunction
Danny Orr
Posts: 1663
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: Savelio

Post by casjunction » Tue May 04, 2021 2:37 pm

Odd terminology for heat of the moment abuse.
There is little doubt that many people suffer discrimination because of who they are.
Although l see a need for punishment l see a greater need for education.
Punishment can lead to greater bigotry
Education will hopefully make people realise we don't chose our race, gender and many other attributes.
I think many people my self included have changed our perspective on other human beings and hopefully one day we will value the diversity.
Not that l find it in me to value bigots.

User avatar
the machine
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9806
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 pm
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Savelio

Post by the machine » Tue May 04, 2021 8:05 pm

8 match ban ](*,) :lol:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

User avatar
jackknife
Luke Gale
Posts: 3848
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: york

Re: Savelio

Post by jackknife » Tue May 04, 2021 8:14 pm

Would it be classed as racist if an aussie calls an English player a pommy see you next Tuesday?
Image

CLASSY CAS FOREVER

nottinghamtiger
Brad Davis
Posts: 5107
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Savelio

Post by nottinghamtiger » Tue May 04, 2021 8:23 pm

I literally cannot believe the RFL would actually put this into the public domain:

“We do not find that he is a racist, simply that on this occasion he used unacceptable language in the heat of the moment.”


So the RFL doesn’t find racist abuse to be the behaviour of a racist?

This brings the game into more disrepute than the incident itself.

tigerfeat
Dean Sampson
Posts: 10895
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Savelio

Post by tigerfeat » Tue May 04, 2021 8:30 pm

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:23 pm
I literally cannot believe the RFL would actually put this into the public domain:

“We do not find that he is a racist, simply that on this occasion he used unacceptable language in the heat of the moment.”


So the RFL doesn’t find racist abuse to be the behaviour of a racist?

This brings the game into more disrepute than the incident itself.
What's all the campaign for by the RL if there going to come up with this conclusion
You could see on his face the effect the comments had had on him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Brad Davis
Posts: 5107
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Savelio

Post by nottinghamtiger » Tue May 04, 2021 8:36 pm

tigerfeat wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:30 pm
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:23 pm
I literally cannot believe the RFL would actually put this into the public domain:

“We do not find that he is a racist, simply that on this occasion he used unacceptable language in the heat of the moment.”


So the RFL doesn’t find racist abuse to be the behaviour of a racist?

This brings the game into more disrepute than the incident itself.
What's all the campaign for by the RL if there going to come up with this conclusion
You could see on his face the effect the comments had had on him
Yep.
Apparently racist abuse isn’t racism on an RL field.

tigerfeat
Dean Sampson
Posts: 10895
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Savelio

Post by tigerfeat » Tue May 04, 2021 8:43 pm

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:36 pm
tigerfeat wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:30 pm
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:23 pm
I literally cannot believe the RFL would actually put this into the public domain:

“We do not find that he is a racist, simply that on this occasion he used unacceptable language in the heat of the moment.”


So the RFL doesn’t find racist abuse to be the behaviour of a racist?

This brings the game into more disrepute than the incident itself.
What's all the campaign for by the RL if there going to come up with this conclusion
You could see on his face the effect the comments had had on him
Yep.
Apparently racist abuse isn’t racism on an RL field.
They are satisfied he made a racist remark but don't believe he's a racist due to his previous record
The RL lost there last bit of credibility with me today
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Post Reply