Hull KR

Super League, National Leagues and the NRL
stuey
Dean Widders
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 12:02 pm

Hull KR

Post by stuey » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:37 am

They have been very unjustly treated by the SL. According to the Sky guysThe match yesterday was a Hull KR "home" match played at Saints. So they end up playing Saints twice on their ground. It`s not rocket science to switch the fixtures around, to make it fairer. Yesterdays match should have been Saints "home" match and the return fixture Hull KR`s "home" match. Top v bottom and made even more difficult for Hull KR by having to play Saints twice, both on their ground.

User avatar
old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 18288
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Hull KR

Post by old cas lass » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:42 am

Fairness in rugby league.
You’ve got to be joking.
The. Sport is a farce and as been for years.

Tamworth Tiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4679
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:29 pm

Re: Hull KR

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:20 am

stuey wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:37 am
They have been very unjustly treated by the SL. According to the Sky guysThe match yesterday was a Hull KR "home" match played at Saints. So they end up playing Saints twice on their ground. It`s not rocket science to switch the fixtures around, to make it fairer. Yesterdays match should have been Saints "home" match and the return fixture Hull KR`s "home" match. Top v bottom and made even more difficult for Hull KR by having to play Saints twice, both on their ground.
Isn’t it one of the three ‘loop’ fixtures so that they still still have to play Saints home and away with last night being a so called neutral venue?
Image

derbystiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1824
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:40 am

Re: Hull KR

Post by derbystiger » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:03 am

The same thing happened with Wakey last week. Home game for them at Headingley against Leeds. Absolute joke.

nottinghamtiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4972
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Hull KR

Post by nottinghamtiger » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:33 am

stuey wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:37 am
They have been very unjustly treated by the SL. According to the Sky guysThe match yesterday was a Hull KR "home" match played at Saints. So they end up playing Saints twice on their ground. It`s not rocket science to switch the fixtures around, to make it fairer. Yesterdays match should have been Saints "home" match and the return fixture Hull KR`s "home" match. Top v bottom and made even more difficult for Hull KR by having to play Saints twice, both on their ground.
Wait until you find out that every team plays every other team twice, but also *some* other teams thrice.
And that the distribution of those 'extra' games, based on last year's final table, massively favours some teams over others.

SuffolkTiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1722
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:32 pm
Location: Bury St Edmunds

Re: Hull KR

Post by SuffolkTiger » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:07 pm

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:33 am
stuey wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:37 am
They have been very unjustly treated by the SL. According to the Sky guysThe match yesterday was a Hull KR "home" match played at Saints. So they end up playing Saints twice on their ground. It`s not rocket science to switch the fixtures around, to make it fairer. Yesterdays match should have been Saints "home" match and the return fixture Hull KR`s "home" match. Top v bottom and made even more difficult for Hull KR by having to play Saints twice, both on their ground.
Wait until you find out that every team plays every other team twice, but also *some* other teams thrice.
And that the distribution of those 'extra' games, based on last year's final table, massively favours some teams over others.
It's embarrassing and one of the many reasons why the sports leadership team can't grow the game and expose it to a wider audience.

Constantly having to explain different rule changes, play off structures, fixture set ups season after season after season genuinely confuses the watching public and turns people off to what is a great product - managed very poorly by characters on big money.

User avatar
old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 18288
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Hull KR

Post by old cas lass » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:14 pm

HKR hit with a few injures from yesterday’s game
2 HIA’s and a possible ACL to Elliot Minchella.
Let’s hope we come out injury free after today’s game.

FIat Capper
Dean Widders
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:59 pm

Re: Hull KR

Post by FIat Capper » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:35 pm

Firstly, as is being widely reported in football, does an empty stadium provide any home advantage?

Secondly, if more games are to be played behind closed doors later in the season, those hosting the fixtures would continue to lose income as a number of home fixtures would remain income free. Using loop fixtures first should allow all team to have to same number of home & away fixtures but spreading the actual home and away fixtures across the limited venues is actually fairer than forcing the host team to play all their home fixtures at the same time of year, behind closed doors.

User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5632
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Hull KR

Post by mart0042 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:13 am

Massive home advantage. You can park in your usual spot, travel from home, use the regular dressing room, sole use of physio facilities and warm up facilities.

Never mind knowing the pitch dimensions and undulations, wind directions for kicks, the ball boys know when to give the ball or hide it.

There's lots more like the length of the grass, markings in the stands a team plays to.....

I'd be interested to know how many Leeds, wire, saints matchess on their own grounds they've lost. So far it's 100% wins this year.

Ken Smith
Dean Widders
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:44 am

Re: Hull KR

Post by Ken Smith » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am

Mart0042

Hull KR since Super League in all matches home and away (sorrry I’ve not got home games only):-
Bradford Bulls won 8 lost 8 drawn 1
Cas Tigers won 10 lost 10 drawn 2
Catalans won 10 lost 15
Crusaders won 5 lost 1
Huddersfield won 9 lost 14 drawn 3
Hull FC won 18 lost 19
Leeds won 8 lost 19
London won 11 lost ‘9
Saints won 9 lost 16 drawn 1
Salford won 12 lost 10 drawn 1
Wakefield won 11 lost 13
Warrington won 9 lost 17 drawn 1
Widnes won 7 lost 5
Wigan won 6 lost 21 drawn 1

Assuming there will be a lot of away defeats in that lot, their home record will be quite impressive. So not an easy game for Cas.

SuffolkTiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1722
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:32 pm
Location: Bury St Edmunds

Re: Hull KR

Post by SuffolkTiger » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:24 am

Ken Smith wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am
Mart0042

Hull KR since Super League in all matches home and away (sorrry I’ve not got home games only):-
Bradford Bulls won 8 lost 8 drawn 1
Cas Tigers won 10 lost 10 drawn 2
Catalans won 10 lost 15
Crusaders won 5 lost 1
Huddersfield won 9 lost 14 drawn 3
Hull FC won 18 lost 19
Leeds won 8 lost 19
London won 11 lost ‘9
Saints won 9 lost 16 drawn 1
Salford won 12 lost 10 drawn 1
Wakefield won 11 lost 13
Warrington won 9 lost 17 drawn 1
Widnes won 7 lost 5
Wigan won 6 lost 21 drawn 1

Assuming there will be a lot of away defeats in that lot, their home record will be quite impressive. So not an easy game for Cas.
Morning Ken,

It's been a tough few days in the world of CTRLFC - sometimes, it's OK to lie to us....
😉

fast hands
Junior Moors
Posts: 760
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:20 am

Re: Hull KR

Post by fast hands » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:09 pm

SuffolkTiger wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:24 am
Ken Smith wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am
Mart0042

Hull KR since Super League in all matches home and away (sorrry I’ve not got home games only):-
Bradford Bulls won 8 lost 8 drawn 1
Cas Tigers won 10 lost 10 drawn 2
Catalans won 10 lost 15
Crusaders won 5 lost 1
Huddersfield won 9 lost 14 drawn 3
Hull FC won 18 lost 19
Leeds won 8 lost 19
London won 11 lost ‘9
Saints won 9 lost 16 drawn 1
Salford won 12 lost 10 drawn 1
Wakefield won 11 lost 13
Warrington won 9 lost 17 drawn 1
Widnes won 7 lost 5
Wigan won 6 lost 21 drawn 1

Assuming there will be a lot of away defeats in that lot, their home record will be quite impressive. So not an easy game for Cas.
Morning Ken,

It's been a tough few days in the world of CTRLFC - sometimes, it's OK to lie to us....
😉
Roger Millward always said, playing at home was a great advantage, not just for playing on their own ground with all East Hull behind you, but it is the coldest place in England.

User avatar
mart0042
Brad Davis
Posts: 5632
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Hull KR

Post by mart0042 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:54 pm

Ken Smith wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am
Mart0042

Hull KR since Super League in all matches home and away (sorrry I’ve not got home games only):-
Bradford Bulls won 8 lost 8 drawn 1
Cas Tigers won 10 lost 10 drawn 2
Catalans won 10 lost 15
Crusaders won 5 lost 1
Huddersfield won 9 lost 14 drawn 3
Hull FC won 18 lost 19
Leeds won 8 lost 19
London won 11 lost ‘9
Saints won 9 lost 16 drawn 1
Salford won 12 lost 10 drawn 1
Wakefield won 11 lost 13
Warrington won 9 lost 17 drawn 1
Widnes won 7 lost 5
Wigan won 6 lost 21 drawn 1

Assuming there will be a lot of away defeats in that lot, their home record will be quite impressive. So not an easy game for Cas.
Thanks Ken very informative.

Since covid, do you know how many Leeds, wire and saints have won or lost at their own grounds, accepting that they were the hubs for the matches.

Leeds weren't good last year but played a lot at home and made the playoffs.

Spanishtiger
Junior Moors
Posts: 739
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:09 pm

Re: Hull KR

Post by Spanishtiger » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:48 pm

Despite not bothering with Catalans away.

Tony_T
Sean Rudder
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Re: Hull KR

Post by Tony_T » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:01 pm

Anyone know if I can get this on t'wireless? Will be driving so can't watch on our league app. Thanks

Post Reply