Quins v Tigers (15/04/11)

Relive the memories, all previous seasons match threads can be found in here.
feisalnahaboo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Quins v Tigers (15/04/11)

Post by feisalnahaboo » 16 Apr 2011, 12:03

Man united are the best footballing team in uk. Check their away form in the league!!! Its not criminal to struggle away but it is to lose home games. Basic formula for any sporting side, win your home games, pick up as many away points as you can and definitely against rivals. Cas are not ready to win super league so the expectancy to win most away games is unrealistic. We beat wakefield, hull, should have beaten bradford and quins. So whilst results not been with us away from home the performances have been solid. Cas played the perfect game yday until last 12mins. Shame. Watch the teams response next week.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Apr 2011, 12:12

I'm not suggesting that we should be beating every team home and away. I just believe that the home performances are excellent and it would be nice if we could transfer the same conviction into an away performance.

I have no doubt that the team will respond next week - but only because we're back at home again, in front of our own fans, on a pitch we know like the backs of our hands.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

feisalnahaboo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by feisalnahaboo » 16 Apr 2011, 12:30

Agree with you. We need to consider there are several 'kids' in the squad and they are bedding in and learning all the time. Winning 10 away games this season would be fantastic. 2.5 already.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Apr 2011, 18:54

HuddsTigers wrote:I'm not suggesting that we should be beating every team home and away. I just believe that the home performances are excellent and it would be nice if we could transfer the same conviction into an away performance.

I have no doubt that the team will respond next week - but only because we're back at home again, in front of our own fans, on a pitch we know like the backs of our hands.
I haven't missed a game this year, and it certainly feels better both at home and away than that weird season we had a couple of years ago, when we couldn't win at home and couldn't lose away. I haven't seen us play badly yet, home or away. We really scrapped at Bradford, and just couldn'tfinish it off, mainly due to Danny going off.The two points really had to be fought for at Hull. Any other season we would have lost. Last night is a lesson earned, but make no mistake, there was some awesome rugby in the first part of the second half. I am pretty sure that there is no other team in the league that hasn't had a really bad day at the office this season. We have lost one game we could have won by a mere 4 points, and we won a point last night in a great game, and credit to Quins, it was a really good fightback from a team with proven pace and attacking qualities.
Great start to the season and I'm pretty happy with what I've seen away from home, though obviously would have liked the missed points.