By registering and participating on Casforum you agree to the following code of conduct. If you are unable to agree you have the right not to participate in forum discussions at any time.
This is YOUR community. Most people have a common sense feel for what is and what is not appropriate in our forums and you folks generally do a great job of policing yourselves. We do, however, need to have a few set policies for everyone to refer to when the need arises.
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible where acceptable, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or web-master (except for posts by these people) and they will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated material or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing any of these may lead to you being temporarily or permanently banned from these forums (and your service provider may also be informed).
Posts which violate any part of this Code of Conduct may be edited or moved out of public view.
If you were to continue to break this code of conduct your account may be reviewed and you could be banned. It is the sole discretion of the forum resolution team (currently the administrators) to ban violating accounts.
The IP addresses of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any post, topic or thread at any time they see fit following the guidelines outlined below. You agree that the web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to send a private message with a warning and/or censor any forum user who is in violation of forum policy.
To the extent permissible by law, Casforum assumes no responsibility for information published on this site and disclaims all liability in respect of such information. If you feel a post is liable or discriminatory please contact one of the administrators with the post URL and any other information you feel would help. We aim to deal with all requests in a timely manner.
1. Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.
2. Respect the forum staff. We provide a service in our free time to keep the forums running efficiently. We will occasionally ask for input, but in some cases we will not, please respect our decisions. Also, we do edit for content, if you have an issue with our moderation, please contact an admin.
3. Profanity: Remember that the forums are used by people of all age groups and of all tolerance levels regarding profanity usage. Swearing is banned from all forums - if you bypass the filter your account will be banned for 72 hours.
4. Forum Threads and Flaming:
* Flaming and condescending messages: Flames are messages that personally attack, call people names, or otherwise harass another forum member (or any person or group). These, along with any generally condescending posts will be moved or removed at the moderators discretion.
* If the thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion), it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion. Any users who continue to post in this manner or engage in other questionable practices, like trolling (posting in an attempt to engage people in arguments) may be subject to more serious sanctions.
* If the thread turns into an argument, it can be locked or removed without notice. Sometimes a moderator may split the thread or delete certain portions in order to keep the discussion going, but that is not always possible.
5. If a post or thread contains spam (unsolicited advertising) it will be deleted and the poster may be banned. Active users in good standing are allowed to have links to personal sites in their signatures, in their profile, and may post them in threads on occasion (just not often, please) as long as the content of those links does not include abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated material or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
6. Adult Content/Violence/Illegal Activity: Messages containing sexually oriented/violent/illegal dialogue, images, content, or links to these things will be deleted. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be deleted. Posting or linking to any of these could result in a ban.
7. Thread Drifting/Steering: Please keep discussions on topic. Use the correct forums please.
8. Please remember that these forums are inclusive of ALL people, and we strive to maintain accessibility to everyone.
9. Administrators and moderators of this forum will preserve forum content when possible. However editing, locking and deleting content may be necessary and if so will be done at the discretion of the web-master, administrators and moderators when the forum code of conduct has been violated.
10. Users should only have one active account. If you feel you have justification for requiring a new account, please contact an administrator to discuss your situation. Users who have multiple accounts without approval of an administrator may be subjected to infractions or bans without notice.
11. Advertising in any form is forbidden. If you'd like to advertise a company or service you must inform an administrator first.
12. Donating to the forum (or purchasing paid advertising) does not exempt you from the AUP or grant any special privileges.
Staff are chosen by the site administrators. Users who have demonstrated a consistent attitude of friendliness and kindness and who have shown a pattern of helpfulness in their posts may be contacted and invited to serve in an even more official manner. Recommendations can be made by current staff in the staff forums or other users by private message. All recommendations are considered. Due to time constraints and privacy issues the administrators are unlikely to comment publicly on these recommendations.
It should be noted that, like all things, this code of conduct will continue to change and evolve with constructive feedback from users and from experience. It is our hope that these policies will create open, honest, and civil discussion. As always, we welcome feedback about any concerns that you may have so feel free to send one of the administrators a private message. It is the users' responsibility to check this page for updates.
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 13985
- Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:42 pm
- Twitter: @invmatt
- Location: Leeds
Last edited by Matt on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:54 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Updated typo
Reason: Updated typo