Matagi

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Matagi

Post by westerbeast73 » 19 May 2021, 19:02

nottinghamtiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 16:13 I think the forum has just about run it’s course now.

In fairness, it’s done well to keep going as more accessible forms of social media have developed - there can’t be many ‘traditional’ online forums still going strong.

At this point in time, though, I think the forum has actually become harmful to the club. The consistent abuse of players and staff; the daily rumour-mongering providing fodder for so-called ‘journalists’ who use it as click-bait; the constant demands for the club to deny rumours on a daily basis.

It’s gone beyond reasonable criticism (and I think I’m one of the most critical) and turned into a platform for trolls, who know it’s more-or-less open season on here. Things might change in future, but it’s got to the point where the forum is having a negative impact on the club and that’s not something I want to be part of.
How many threads have you put this on ? If you dont like the forum its quite simple. Dont use it.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 May 2021, 19:10

westerbeast73 wrote: 19 May 2021, 19:02
nottinghamtiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 16:13 I think the forum has just about run it’s course now.

In fairness, it’s done well to keep going as more accessible forms of social media have developed - there can’t be many ‘traditional’ online forums still going strong.

At this point in time, though, I think the forum has actually become harmful to the club. The consistent abuse of players and staff; the daily rumour-mongering providing fodder for so-called ‘journalists’ who use it as click-bait; the constant demands for the club to deny rumours on a daily basis.

It’s gone beyond reasonable criticism (and I think I’m one of the most critical) and turned into a platform for trolls, who know it’s more-or-less open season on here. Things might change in future, but it’s got to the point where the forum is having a negative impact on the club and that’s not something I want to be part of.
How many threads have you put this on ? If you dont like the forum its quite simple. Dont use it.
Two. Though I’m tempted to put it on every ridiculous thread started by trolls.

What we have now is anti-Cas Forum, taken over by trolls to damage the club.

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 19 May 2021, 19:40

nottinghamtiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 19:10

Notts you contribute alot on here mate. Stay put!!! We all know who to take with a pinch of salt on here mate

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 May 2021, 19:47

Classysupercas6202 wrote: 19 May 2021, 19:40

Notts you contribute alot on here mate. Stay put!!! We all know who to take with a pinch of salt on here mate
Cheers.
It’s just frustrating that the forum has been good for so long, and to be honest not living in the area is where I can engage in RL discussion because nobody knows about RL where I live!

I’m not keen on other social media platforms because they always end up with trolling etc, and here used to avoid that (probably because it’s not quite as accessible) until the last few months.

What we have now is a situation where some people have realised trolling is tolerated here, and it’s actually become more damaging to the club than if the forum didn’t exist.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 May 2021, 20:14

nottinghamtiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 19:47

Cheers.
It’s just frustrating that the forum has been good for so long, and to be honest not living in the area is where I can engage in RL discussion because nobody knows about RL where I live!

I’m not keen on other social media platforms because they always end up with trolling etc, and here used to avoid that (probably because it’s not quite as accessible) until the last few months.

What we have now is a situation where some people have realised trolling is tolerated here, and it’s actually become more damaging to the club than if the forum didn’t exist.
I agree Notts but don’t give up. I too rely on this site as a bit of an RL lifeline and believe me, having lived in Nottingham for over 10 years of my life, it’s a relative rugby league hotbed compared to Tamworth! Just don’t give the trolls any oxygen. We know who they are. Don’t let them win.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 May 2021, 20:25

I’m pretty sure covid tiger is a wakey fan on the wind up. Don’t fall for it, just everyone ignore his posts. He’ll get fed up soon enough.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 May 2021, 20:25

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 20:14

Cheers.

I agree Notts but don’t give up. I too rely on this site as a bit of an RL lifeline and believe me, having lived in Nottingham for over 10 years of my life, it’s a relative rugby league hotbed compared to Tamworth! Just don’t give the trolls any oxygen. We know who they are. Don’t let them win.
I think the problem is that they are winning; ignoring them doesn’t stop the trolling that is damaging the club.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 May 2021, 20:27

nottinghamtiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 20:25

Cheers.

I think the problem is that they are winning; ignoring them doesn’t stop the trolling that is damaging the club.
Don’t get drawn in Notts, mate. Keep yer chin up :D

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 May 2021, 20:31

derbystiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 20:27
nottinghamtiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 20:25

Cheers.

Don’t get drawn in Notts, mate. Keep yer chin up :D
Doesn’t bother me on a personal level.
Just a shame that the forum is now a platform for trolls and it would be in the best interests of the club if it didn’t exist.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 May 2021, 20:34

That’s what we have mods and admin for.
They need to start and stamp their authority on the trolls.

As for me I just don’t answer certain people.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 19 May 2021, 20:50

Notts - stick with it young man.....

Be a lion about it: Lions care not for the thoughts of sheep

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 May 2021, 20:56

SuffolkTiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 20:50

Notts - stick with it young man.....

Be a lion about it: Lions care not for the thoughts of sheep
As I say, I’m not bothered on a personal level.
Just a shame that what was something quite positive has turned into something so negative.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 May 2021, 20:58

old cas lass wrote: 19 May 2021, 20:34 That’s what we have mods and admin for.
It’s an impossible job.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 May 2021, 21:05

nottinghamtiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 20:58
It’s an impossible job.
Why is it.
It take someone with IT knowledge, who as a bit of spare time.
Who can keep popping on 2/3 times a day.
Any misdemeanours by posters, 2 warnings then a weeks ban.
If they persist, a months ban,
After that a full ban.
Simples.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 May 2021, 21:15

old cas lass wrote: 19 May 2021, 21:05
nottinghamtiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 20:58
It’s an impossible job.
Why is it.
It take someone with IT knowledge, who as a bit of spare time.
Who can keep popping on 2/3 times a day.
Any misdemeanours by posters, 2 warnings then a weeks ban.
If they persist, a months ban,
After that a full ban.
Simples.
It’s difficult to draw a line between allowing everyone to express and opinion and trolling.
Some will say ‘why shouldn’t I post rumours in the Rumours section?’ - at what point does it become trolling rather than speculation?
Where do we draw the line with expressing an opinion on players? It’s okay to say ‘he had a poor game’ and say ‘I don’t really rate him’, but where is the line between expressing an opinion about a player and abusing a player (or member of staff)?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 May 2021, 21:28

Also Matt keeps asking for people to volunteer as moderators but none of us do other than Casmania so we all have to take some of the responsibility

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 May 2021, 21:38

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 21:28 Also Matt keeps asking for people to volunteer as moderators but none of us do other than Casmania so we all have to take some of the responsibility
It’s to complicated for me TT I was asked many years ago. Tried it out. Couldn’t take it in. Was sacked first day :)

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 May 2021, 21:40

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 21:28 Also Matt keeps asking for people to volunteer as moderators but none of us do other than Casmania so we all have to take some of the responsibility
There’d be nobody left if I did it.
Very little tolerance for trolls, I’m afraid.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 May 2021, 06:45

Therein lies the problem. You have to put personal feelings to one side and be impartial.

You can't ban someone for being annoying, however much you find them annoying or disagree with them. Freedom of speech and all that. The issue is abuse, nastiness, and multiple accounts some users patently have. Perhaps that should include abuse/OTT comments of players and club officials too, after all we are now in the #BeKind era.

Perhaps we need to refresh the AUP and come up with some new collective forum rules that are stronger as well as new mods.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 May 2021, 06:50

Is it part of the AUP to not troll a forum... I'm useless with IT I wouldn't be banning people on here tho except if it's clear there coming on here to troll the forum
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi