Oggy

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Oggy

Post by scottiger » 19 May 2021, 23:16

People making out hes not a big loss are clueless . Hes been the best forward after mcshane this year easily .
TM Out

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 20 May 2021, 00:35

scottiger wrote: 19 May 2021, 23:16 People making out hes not a big loss are clueless . Hes been the best forward after mcshane this year easily .
Typical of most teams fans - when someone’s leaving, all of a sudden, they become replaceable. Take George Lawler - according to Hull KR fans he was the player to build a side round for years to come. When rumours started that he would be leaving at the end of the year, surprise surprise, he’s not that good and easily replaced. Nothing to do with being clueless, more to do with some fans trying to convince themselves the player isn’t as good as they know he is in order to make them feel better about him leaving. It happens every year, with a few fans from every team.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 20 May 2021, 06:10

People who think Holmes isn’t replaceable are clueless. He’s spent most of this three year deal on the treatment table and, surprise surprise, in the season he is playing for a new deal, is playing at a level he never he done before.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 May 2021, 06:43

Fumper27 wrote: 20 May 2021, 06:10 People who think Holmes isn’t replaceable are clueless. He’s spent most of this three year deal on the treatment table and, surprise surprise, in the season he is playing for a new deal, is playing at a level he never he done before.
Spot on
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 20 May 2021, 10:15

Jsl was a superb left second row in 2017. He ran excellent lines. Oggy is different.

If he goes, he goes. He's earnt the right without being moaned at. They must be paying good money and long contracts.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 20 May 2021, 11:36

I was pretty [REMOVED] when I heard he was leaving, but then it wasn't long ago him and his Mrs split up and a couple of things have happened in his personal life, that maybe has meant he just wants a fresh start elsewhere. In sport, we're quick to throw the loyalty card about, knowing full well in our own home and work lives, we'd move companies/jobs in a heartbeat to better suit us financially and stability wise.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 20 May 2021, 12:16

It remains a surprising move to me but I guess everyone has their price. Whilst he can be reliable in defence, I've always said play usually stops when he gets his hands on the ball so when he doesn''t make metres, he looks ordinary.

I'd rather he stayed but hey ho, we move on...

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 21 May 2021, 12:56

Fumper27 wrote: 20 May 2021, 06:10 People who think Holmes isn’t replaceable are clueless. He’s spent most of this three year deal on the treatment table and, surprise surprise, in the season he is playing for a new deal, is playing at a level he never he done before.
So he got injured on purpose ? Hes had his problems but when fit and on the field hes always been one of the better players . Hes replaceable everyone is , I just find it laughable how quick people turn on players ..
TM Out