oh no not Radford

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: oh no not Radford

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Apr 2021, 13:08

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 13:04
fast hands wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 12:51 If Powell stays in charge till the end of the season (he said he would be) and fails to win a trophy, then Radford, next season , comes up trumps with the club winning a trophy, he will be the best thing since sliced bread, and DP will be forgotten for a while.
Isn’t that what happened with Joyner and VdV or have I remembered that wrong?
Nah, I think you’re right TT. DVDV built the squad (Steadman, Singe, Blackmore, Kemp, Ford, Crooks, T, etc). JJ then won the Regal Trophy.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: oh no not Radford

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Apr 2021, 13:33

Thanks, I’m not totally senile yet then!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Cas board and Radford

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Apr 2021, 13:52

I like Matt Shaw as a journo and wouldn't normally question him. But I'm highly skeptical of the story.

It says Radford has been offered the job the day after a totally contradictory story with quotes from Radford himself (following on from other stories of a similar nature last week saying he hadn't applied).

Matt also says that it is going to be announced in the next 10 days, which takes us to the off contract date. That's a huge window of time but also unsurprising. Cas are likely to want a coach in place before the deadline. I'd have thought it would be imminent if agreed, and a more accurate time would be put on it. Just seems very convenient that that is the timescale.

Also says nothing has been signed so if that's the case, offered doesn't mean accepted.

Perhaps it is wishful thinking on my part but there are too many unknowns in that story that make it feel a little clickbaity. We know that the Cas job is highly emotive and fans are likely to be desperate for news so any talk is likely to get clicks.

The other is it follows on from McDermott being favourite and ruled himself out then Radford was the favourite, he ruled himself out, and now he's been approached?

The other point is I'm wondering whether there's some agent-ploy at work here. He's got another job in the US. Great way to potentially get more pay from his new employers is to create some buzz around him getting another job, particularly in his area of expertise.

Like I said at the start, I wouldn't normally question Matt but there's so much that isn't certain or conflicting in this, I'm kind of hoping someone is feeding him tosh or he has been fed tosh on this occasion.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 21 Apr 2021, 14:07

Mucky1978 wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 10:43
on side wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 10:22
Fumper27 wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 09:42
on side wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 09:32 going to have a limited budget, and two or three off are top players, are going to leave end off season.
You put this as if it is fact, how’s you know so much about the inner working of our club?

What is our budget for 2022, both overall and towards the salary cap?

Who are the “two or three top players” who are leaving?

Where are they going?

If still in contract, how much have we got to let them go?

I will hazard a guess that you won’t answer any of these questions because:

A) you don’t know the answers
B) you are making stuff up again

You’ll just go off on a tangent and ramble on about something else.
Trueman Evalds def leaving you can't argue are facilities are a shambles not helping attracting decent coach and after having no fans in ground for 12months you think we, will have finances to spend big budget jesus wept.
Wrong Evalds isn’t going anywhere. Neither is Trueman unless we accept a offer for him.
He's only, got one year contract don't need an offer can just go next year

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by barking » 21 Apr 2021, 14:26

Classysupercas6202 wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 07:04 Interestingly in serious about rugby online,a poll of cas fans had radford way ahead of other candidates, so according to that he has the majority backing him
I saw the result of that but dont know anyone who saw or voted in it. seriousaboutrugbyleague. whatever just regurgitates stuff found on fans forums and adds a few porkies to liven things up. The lad who runs it is a clown

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 21 Apr 2021, 14:32

on side wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 14:07
on side wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 09:32 going to have a limited budget, and two or three off are top players, are going to leave end off season.
You put this as if it is fact, how’s you know so much about the inner working of our club?

Where are they going?

Trueman Evalds def leaving you can't argue are facilities are a shambles not helping attracting decent coach and after having no fans in ground for 12months you think we, will have finances to spend big budget jesus wept.
Wrong Evalds isn’t going anywhere. Neither is Trueman unless we accept a offer for him.
Trueman is contracted to the end of 2022 so Cas would need to accept a offer.

barking
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Lee Radford

Post by barking » 21 Apr 2021, 14:35

A_can't_speak wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 19:46
southporttiger wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 19:11 According to Sky just now, Radford claims that he hasn't had any direct contact with the club...
I really hope so out of all the names rumoured/spoke about he would be my last pick. Having watched his time at Hull only through Sky games mind and when they have played us at home I really don't rate him at all I carnt even pin point why. I just get the feeling Radford and Cas are far from a match made in heaven.
Radders and Hull turned us over in "our best season ever", more than once if i remember correctly

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 21 Apr 2021, 14:48

barking wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 14:26
Classysupercas6202 wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 07:04 Interestingly in serious about rugby online,a poll of cas fans had radford way ahead of other candidates, so according to that he has the majority backing him
I saw the result of that but dont know anyone who saw or voted in it. seriousaboutrugbyleague. whatever just regurgitates stuff found on fans forums and adds a few porkies to liven things up. The lad who runs it is a clown
not only is he a clown he is a pest bombarding facebook rugby pages with his crap

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 21 Apr 2021, 15:29

covid tiger wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 11:08 End of the day the club don't want to go public as it could affect the 1st team until the time is right . All candidates were told to keep it from the public domain. The club were very upset with Warrington last month they won't want a repeat of that fiasco.

Well f the people running the club are that stupid it serves them right for trying to keep things quiet.

Having said that they did a fantastic job of keeping DP leaving very quiet until the ST deadline had passed.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Apr 2021, 16:40

whoever is the coach as my support the years i have watched CAS 20/30 coaches have come and gone some better than others

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 21 Apr 2021, 16:54

covid tiger wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 11:08 End of the day the club don't want to go public as it could affect the 1st team until the time is right . All candidates were told to keep it from the public domain. The club were very upset with Warrington last month they won't want a repeat of that fiasco.
Can you tell me how you know they were told not to go public, did you sit in when the interviews took place ?

on side
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by on side » 21 Apr 2021, 16:55

Mucky1978 wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 14:32

Where are they going?

Evalds i am on about can move straight to St helens for free end off season Trueman we will get over 100grand u would have thought

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 21 Apr 2021, 17:47

A poll what hardly any Cas fans seem to have knew about.
TM Out

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 21 Apr 2021, 17:53

on side wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 16:55
Mucky1978 wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 14:32
Evalds i am on about can move straight to St helens for free end off season Trueman we will get over 100grand u would have thought
Coote will stay another year then Welbsy will take over.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 21 Apr 2021, 17:53

HuddsTigers wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 13:52 I like Matt Shaw as a journo and wouldn't normally question him. But I'm highly skeptical of the story.

It says Radford has been offered the job the day after a totally contradictory story with quotes from Radford himself (following on from other stories of a similar nature last week saying he hadn't applied).

Matt also says that it is going to be announced in the next 10 days, which takes us to the off contract date. That's a huge window of time but also unsurprising. Cas are likely to want a coach in place before the deadline. I'd have thought it would be imminent if agreed, and a more accurate time would be put on it. Just seems very convenient that that is the timescale.

Also says nothing has been signed so if that's the case, offered doesn't mean accepted.

Perhaps it is wishful thinking on my part but there are too many unknowns in that story that make it feel a little clickbaity. We know that the Cas job is highly emotive and fans are likely to be desperate for news so any talk is likely to get clicks.

The other is it follows on from McDermott being favourite and ruled himself out then Radford was the favourite, he ruled himself out, and now he's been approached?

The other point is I'm wondering whether there's some agent-ploy at work here. He's got another job in the US. Great way to potentially get more pay from his new employers is to create some buzz around him getting another job, particularly in his area of expertise.

Like I said at the start, I wouldn't normally question Matt but there's so much that isn't certain or conflicting in this, I'm kind of hoping someone is feeding him tosh or he has been fed tosh on this occasion.
just because its announced then doesn't mean the deal isnt already done.
TM Out

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 21 Apr 2021, 18:03

Radford wouldn't be my choice for coach either but he'd have my support regardless. His sacking at Hull was shocking in the extreme and the guy or anyone for that matter deserved better than Pearsons public humiliation. I only hope the experience has made him a wiser man. And I for one aren't bogged down by his perceived preffered playing style,while he had plenty of big units at Hull they've also had their share of quality ball players throughout the squad. All coaches however good have a style that has evolved through years of experience,no one size fits all, Cas might just be a place where he embraces the culture,history and traditions of our club. Common sense would dictate he does that,let's hope he's intelligent enough to see that the backing of the fans,the style we play is important to many of us. Do that and I'll welcome him with open arms. If his ideas are rigid,his philosophy firmly entrenched and he has an inability to be pragmatic I'd equally happily wave him goodbye.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 21 Apr 2021, 18:04

barking wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 14:26
Would that be the same serious about rl that our famous wannabe journo Callum works for? Filling up pages with whatever he read on the form?

noxandrattles
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by noxandrattles » 21 Apr 2021, 18:17

Spanishtiger wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 18:04

Would that be the same serious about rl that our famous wannabe journo Callum works for? Filling up pages with whatever he read on the form?
thats the one

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 21 Apr 2021, 18:19

Happy days thought it might be

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Apr 2021, 21:16

"Lee Radford will be a great appointment if true 👍 some fans won’t like it but he’s exactly what they need off the field to fix the issues there when I left.

Just a shame it didn’t happen last year, I’d have loved the chance to work with him again before moving to pastures new"

"Won’t go into detail but during my time there the relationship between off field and on field staff often wasn’t as strong as it should be. Radford is excellent at building that and he’ll be a good fit at bringing the club together. Along with his other strengths too of course"

"Having worked with Radders at Hull and having just left Cas, I honestly think he’s by far the best person for the job. He gets a lot of bad press, not as glamorous as Powell but for lots of reasons I think he’s just what the club needs for next year"

Taken from Matt Holden's Twitter (former cas media/marketing)

Now obviously should always take stuff on social media with a pinch of salt but i dare say hes got better knowledge of the ins and outs and ways and hows of the club and Powell/Radford than most on here have
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan