Head coach.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
covid tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Head coach.

Post by covid tiger » 13 Apr 2021, 12:50

Henderson not got the job yet but been interviewed apparently. Couple of zoom interviews also in pipeline from Aus including a new name on the scene Jim Dymock. He is a former London player.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Head coach.

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 13 Apr 2021, 12:56

And now John Morris has left cronulla.........we can but dream
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 13 Apr 2021, 13:10

I would have John Morris than Henderson I’m afraid

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Apr 2021, 13:34

John Morris definitely the best coach available now Cronulla have let him go. Have we a chance of getting him? No chance but we can dream.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 Apr 2021, 18:24

If Henderson is coach we are cooked
Audacter Et Sincere

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 13 Apr 2021, 18:59

If Henderson or some others who are mentioned are given the coaching position it will result in the biggest backward step the club could make, if it’s correct that quite a few players are out of contract and others could retire it’s important that the correct person is appointed to rebuild and maintain the clubs standing in Super League

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 14 Apr 2021, 08:35

Henderson has a connection here, which is important. The title of the thread is critical here in my opinion in football parlance, head coach and manager are different.
Darryl has the experience to be the sole number one. Hendo would depend on the team around him.

Danny, Shez, Darryl and Jon Wells have been our group for some time. Lets not throw our hands up in despair at one component being announced.

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 14 Apr 2021, 20:47

laner wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 18:59 If Henderson or some others who are mentioned are given the coaching position it will result in the biggest backward step the club could make, if it’s correct that quite a few players are out of contract and others could retire it’s important that the correct person is appointed to rebuild and maintain the clubs standing in Super League
Here here

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Apr 2021, 21:05

There's only one way we will go
The ambition of the club's hierarchy is demonstrated by letting DP leave.
There's no way he'd have left if things were put in place to back him more in ways he wanted.
Letting DP go to a rival... Earlier in his contact is nothing but folly and demonstrates which direction we are heading in

And no I don't know Daryl or his associates
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Apr 2021, 21:10

Mysterio wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 21:05 There's only one way we will go
There's no way he'd have left if things were put in place to back him more in ways he wanted.
Letting DP go to a rival... Earlier in his contact is nothing but folly and demonstrates which direction we are heading in

Absolutely agree.
We’ve shot our selfs in the foot.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 14 Apr 2021, 21:17

old cas lass wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 21:10

Absolutely agree.
We’ve shot our selfs in the foot.
That makes a change and then we are going to compound it by cashing in on the best young half back in SL.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Apr 2021, 21:27

In what ways was DP not backed ?

He got the full cap and doesnt believe in marquee players. So what else did he want ?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Apr 2021, 21:31

Another way to look at it is that the club backed DP with both the full cap and transfer fees for players he wanted. In return we got to 2 finals and won the LLS. How many more ways could the club of backed him?

The way the 2020 season ended might of been enough for the club to think what many have said on here, that DP had taken the club as far as he could. We didn’t let DP leave “to go to a rival”. We agreed he could leave at which point, once his contract ends, his relationship with CTRLFC is over and he’s free to do as he chooses.

I believe that it was more that DP wanted to leave than the club let him leave. Restructuring his contract so it ended in 2021 must’ve been done so in the clubs favour.

I, like most, worry about the club returning to the “Mildred” days but we’re a lot more attractive proposition nowadays as an established top 5 SL side. I will support whoever gets the job, even the less desirable names mentioned on here because I support CTRLFC. I did before DP arrived and I will long after he leaves.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Apr 2021, 21:53

Fumper27 wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 21:31

Another way to look at it is that the club backed DP with both the full cap and transfer fees for players he wanted. In return we got to 2 finals and won the LLS. How many more ways could the club of backed him?

The way the 2020 season ended might of been enough for the club to think what many have said on here, that DP had taken the club as far as he could. We didn’t let DP leave “to go to a rival”. We agreed he could leave at which point, once his contract ends, his relationship with CTRLFC is over and he’s free to do as he chooses.

I believe that it was more that DP wanted to leave than the club let him leave. Restructuring his contract so it ended in 2021 must’ve been done so in the clubs favour.

I, like most, worry about the club returning to the “Mildred” days but we’re a lot more attractive proposition nowadays as an established top 5 SL side. I will support whoever gets the job, even the less desirable names mentioned on here because I support CTRLFC. I did before DP arrived and I will long after he leaves.
I agree with you Powell had terrific support all the time he was at Cas from the club he had free reign to do prity much whatever he wanted
I don't think it's a heathy situation with him being here now the sooner the new coach comes in with a squad of players who want to be here and play for Cas the better as far as I'm concerned
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi