Greg Eden.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
covid tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Greg Eden.

Post by covid tiger » 12 Apr 2021, 07:07

Apparently on his way out of club :-$
Last edited by covid tiger on 12 Apr 2021, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Greg Eden.

Post by Fumper27 » 12 Apr 2021, 07:14

He’s been on his way out for last two years....

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Apr 2021, 09:02

I’ll be sorry to see that if true.

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 12 Apr 2021, 09:05

Leaves us with 1 fit winger in James Clare and an out of position winger in Jordan Turner. We need Eden he should be starting IMO.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 12 Apr 2021, 09:05

If he hangs about until next year, may actually get a game when Powell leaves.
🐯 COYF!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Apr 2021, 09:15

I think Friday would have been better with his pace on the field. Let’s face it his presence wouldn’t have made the defence any worse and we are very unlikely to replace him with anyone with a better strike rate.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Apr 2021, 09:22

MrRugby123 wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 09:05 Leaves us with 1 fit winger in James Clare and an out of position winger in Jordan Turner. We need Eden he should be starting IMO.
He should and hopefully we will get a new coach in for next season soon who will want him to stay
It's such a big year for us next season so many players off contract new coach in we need someone who's going to be thinking about that now not thinking about what next year will look like over the pennines
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

stevieblunder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieblunder » 12 Apr 2021, 09:28

Feki and Blair.

I think we will see a few on the way out when the new coach is appointed.

Feki for obvious reasons of fitness.

Blair, well probably a mistake by Powell, but never publicly discussed.

We badly needed a centre. That's why we signed him. Too slow or some other issue, turned him into a makeshift second row.
I remember Peter Small

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Apr 2021, 09:29

Last few years it seems, daryl powell as had a bee in His bonnet reguarding Eden.
Hardly played him when he was fit.
Imo he’s our best winger on the books, and the fastest.

It will be a massive misjudgement if we let him go.
Unless he’s asked to leave and in fairness who can blame him.
He’s been treat shabbily.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Apr 2021, 09:43

Can't see another club taking him on when he might be 'unavailable' later in the year, unless it's on loan.

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 12 Apr 2021, 09:46

nottinghamtiger wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 09:43 Can't see another club taking him on when he might be 'unavailable' later in the year, unless it's on loan.
The posters reliability is about 5% so I think we’ll wait and see on this one.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Apr 2021, 09:57

He is either wonderful or a liability. He just needs consistency. He also has a lack of judgement away from the game, something we've finally eradicated.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 12 Apr 2021, 13:27

Powell been trying to get shut of him for last few years . Best finisher at the club for me IMO . Stick it out Greg until Powell leaves us !

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 12 Apr 2021, 20:14

I rate Eden quite highly. He's been here for few years and has proven himself for me as our best winger. I don't care for the "off field" rubbish as I don't watch the sport for the likeable characters, he has ability and should be in our squad. Simple as that. The same way Jesse should be dropped. I want to see us win the league and we won't do that by playing people like Jesse and Shenton because of how they are off the field or what they've done for the club, they're not good enough. Before I get anyone booting off, I know the second half of this post isn't on topic but I'm just making the point.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 12 Apr 2021, 22:26

Great post mate . Agree 100% . Look at some the players fergie had at scum that was bad people off the field but he didn’t care because he knew what why could do on the pitch !

stevieblunder
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieblunder » 12 Apr 2021, 22:35

Tigers army, I suspect you are one of the younger Forums contributors I.e under 50yrs of age.

Your ethos has NOTHING to do with mine.

The club is about an inclusive family, propagated by people like Powell.

Values are important.

You refer to scum.

I don't know what that means.

I do know it takes one to know one.!!!!
I remember Peter Small

Ferrytiger87

Post by Ferrytiger87 » 13 Apr 2021, 01:21

Completely understand why Powell isn't playing Eden, with the court case coming up I can't imagine he's in the best frame of mind.

The allegations must be serious if hes up at Crown court and if found guilty he should never put a Cas shirt on again.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 13 Apr 2021, 01:37

stevieblunder wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 22:35 Tigers army, I suspect you are one of the younger Forums contributors I.e under 50yrs of age.

Values are important.

You refer to scum.

I think by scum he means Man United. Also the club can be an inclusive family while still trying to achieve. As it stands our supposed best winger is injured and our second best has been dropped leaving us with our third choice and a centre as our wings. This is giving Shenton a position in the squad which even Powell can see a problem with as he's having him play wing in defence as he isn't strong enough and play centre in attack as he isn't quick enough. It's embarrassing to have a liability like that in the team and for people on here to argue that he deserves to play because of how long he's been here is ridiculous. As for Jesse, he might be a funny character off the field so he can be our mascot if he wants, not a regular player that hasn't offered anything on the field for at least the past couple of seasons. A new coach with no loyalties might be just what we need to cut some dead weight

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 13 Apr 2021, 04:18

LeagueLeaders wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 01:37
stevieblunder wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 22:35 Tigers army, I suspect you are one of the younger Forums contributors I.e under 50yrs of age.

Values are important.

You refer to scum.

I think by scum he means Man United. Also the club can be an inclusive family while still trying to achieve. As it stands our supposed best winger is injured and our second best has been dropped leaving us with our third choice and a centre as our wings. This is giving Shenton a position in the squad which even Powell can see a problem with as he's having him play wing in defence as he isn't strong enough and play centre in attack as he isn't quick enough. It's embarrassing to have a liability like that in the team and for people on here to argue that he deserves to play because of how long he's been here is ridiculous. As for Jesse, he might be a funny character off the field so he can be our mascot if he wants, not a regular player that hasn't offered anything on the field for at least the past couple of seasons. A new coach with no loyalties might be just what we need to cut some dead weight
Shenton gets some stick . Plenty of players would get the chop before him for me . Milner jessie Richardson.... it's not accommodating Shenton its purely Powell doesn't like/rate Eden for some reason. I do agree Eden is our best winger .
TM Out

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Apr 2021, 06:40

Eden as played since the incident he's in court for I'd have no problem if the club thought it was so serious he needed to be sacked on the spot but in that respect they stood by him wait to see what happens in court
He's the best winger we have so he's either not getting picked because he's injured or Powells got it in for him
I said at the time it happened Powell was out of line walking on to the field and shouting abuse in his ear publicly showing him up on live TV he seems to have been made the scapegoat
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi