Greg Eden.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Greg Eden.

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Apr 2021, 07:35

HuddsTigers wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 20:15 Eden is a left winger. He's never going to play right wing.

Turner is doing phenomenal on the left wing and is both scoring tries and doing his job defensively. There isn't a place for Eden because of that. He has to earn his way back in.
Why can't he play on right wing
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 14 Apr 2021, 09:26

HuddsTigers wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 20:15 Eden is a left winger. He's never going to play right wing.

Turner is doing phenomenal on the left wing and is both scoring tries and doing his job defensively. There isn't a place for Eden because of that. He has to earn his way back in.
How does he earn his way back in unless Turner gets a knock or loses form?

And swapping wings makes very little difference. Its only a preference to play a certain wing or a relationship between the centre and respective wing

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Apr 2021, 09:43

ERG2012 wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 09:26

And swapping wings makes very little difference. Its only a preference to play a certain wing or a relationship between the centre and respective wing
I think you have answered your own questions there. In my opinion it makes a massive difference. Having being a centre myself, albeit at a lower level, you do the things you say, building trust and relationships with your winger. I used to always tell my winger not to get drawn to the ball as he had to have as much faith in me making the tackle as I did in my own defence and, if they did bite in, the opposite winger had a walk in.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 14 Apr 2021, 10:59

Think it definitely makes more of a difference for a centre than it does winger. They have a preferred way of passing the ball, right handed centres play left center as it makes it easier to pass to winger.
But I was just a fat bloke in middle lol
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Apr 2021, 11:50

SWISS TONY!! wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 10:59
So you were a referee Swiss Tony??

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 14 Apr 2021, 12:02

As another fat lad in t'middle I've never really got to the bottom of wingers, their preferred side to pass (if any) or their preferred way to step (if any).

Very few wingers seem keen to take a man on the outside these days as the touch line can be used as an extra defender so do wingers have a preference for stepping of one foot or t'other.

I've also seen some wingers who are terrible at passing back to the inside of them so does this make a diffreence in the side they play?

Whatever the complexities are, there is still no substitute for speed and if I had it, I'd be happy to run down either wing, avoiding having to run around Ben Thaler in the middle.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 14 Apr 2021, 14:29

A right winger controls the ball from a pass with his right hand then clutches the ball wit both, plus the right winger when needed to pass the ball inside will control the ball with his right arm and propel it mainly with force of his right hand. Ditto the left winger.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 Apr 2021, 14:34

tigerfeat wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 07:35

Why can't he play on right wing
In fairness I've been pretty impressed with Olpherts. He makes really good metres on kick returns and always seems to find his front so he can play the ball quickly.
He's playing much better than he was towards the end of last season, in my opinion.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 14 Apr 2021, 19:20

Fumper27 wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 11:50
SWISS TONY!! wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 10:59
So you were a referee Swiss Tony??
Tried to be from a players point of view but no a wanna be 13 who was only a fat prop with delusions of grandeur haha
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 14 Apr 2021, 20:27

FIat Capper wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 12:03
Scoopage wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 09:54
Tigersbarmy wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 22:26 Great post mate . Agree 100% . Look at some the players fergie had at scum that was bad people off the field but he didn’t care because he knew what why could do on the pitch !
Wrong again.fergie bought players who were family men or intended to be very shortly.players with partners and children.even Beckham,nevilles,scholes,butt got married early 20s, was only giggs who was a bit of a play boy and he still had a long term partner at the time(fergie left him out on the occasions he misbehaved).name me a player(s) he still played who misbehaved outside of football.and don’t say cantona because his misdemeanours were on the pitch.you need to stop making things up mate to support your argument.by the way I’m a Liverpool fan so it pains me to make a argument for fergie.
Lee Chapman may disagree with your view on EC..?
Pogba? I'm also a liverpool fan lol. Not the worst crime in the world but partying before a game and setting fireworks off in your apartment are abit silly aha.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 14 Apr 2021, 21:34

Was that not Ballotelli at Man City?