Theo Fages

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
covid tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Theo Fages

Post by covid tiger » 08 Apr 2021, 18:57

Apparently on his way out at Saints and not getting a new deal. If we lose Trueman I would move heaven and earth to get this kid?

jackknife
Verified

Re: Theo Fages

Post by jackknife » 08 Apr 2021, 19:16

Im sure Richardson would love that 😂
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Apr 2021, 19:58

covid tiger wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 18:57 Apparently on his way out at Saints and not getting a new deal. If we lose Trueman I would move heaven and earth to get this kid?
You certainly got your finger on the pulse of rugby league mate
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 08 Apr 2021, 20:20

I’m sure saints will find a way to keep him because he’s class.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 08 Apr 2021, 21:28

I guess it’s the inevitability of a salary-capped sport.
St Helens have won two grand finals in a row. As a result, every player can legitimately ask for an increase in salary when their contract is up for renewal. But the club can’t do that for every player without going over the cap, because they were probably already spending the cap in 2019 and 2020.
You can look at it positively as the salary cap doing its job and making sure the talent is spread around the competition.

But if he leaves, it’ll be to Wigan or Warrington, who can splash the marquee money on him. My guess is that if he moves anywhere, it will be to Wigan as they look likely to lose Hastings and Leuluai is coming to the end of his career.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 09 Apr 2021, 11:21

nottinghamtiger wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 21:28 I guess it’s the inevitability of a salary-capped sport.
St Helens have won two grand finals in a row. As a result, every player can legitimately ask for an increase in salary when their contract is up for renewal. But the club can’t do that for every player without going over the cap, because they were probably already spending the cap in 2019 and 2020.
You can look at it positively as the salary cap doing its job and making sure the talent is spread around the competition.

But if he leaves, it’ll be to Wigan or Warrington, who can splash the marquee money on him. My guess is that if he moves anywhere, it will be to Wigan as they look likely to lose Hastings and Leuluai is coming to the end of his career.
Successful teams will always have the issue of 'rewarding' the successful players but of course, not all the players in a squad will have played a significant part in that success. In addition, some players will leave through transfers or retirement, thus freeing up cap space.