Toronto

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Toronto

Post by Tigersbarmy » 21 Jul 2020, 21:09

Any players you would be interested from taking from Toronto ? I would be maybe looking at gaz obrien for full back and maybe Darcy Lussick

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Toronto

Post by westerbeast73 » 21 Jul 2020, 21:12

The centre they have looks a handful but think hes on big money. A prop aswell would be useful.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Jul 2020, 21:14

Think you mean Leutele...
Not sure on which of their props I’d take....

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 21 Jul 2020, 21:18

Adam Sidlow looked hard and aggressive in the pre season game, he didnt take a backward step. Wouldn't be that much money either. Daryl will pick up any good business from that mess.

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 21 Jul 2020, 21:50

O’Brien would be only player worth having could cover fullbacks and in the halves

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 21 Jul 2020, 21:59

Tigerman2014 wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 21:50 O’Brien would be only player worth having could cover fullbacks and in the halves
Yep would take him but we need a prop aswell or 2 props if Kane Evan's has not signed.

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 21 Jul 2020, 23:05

They’ve no props worth having

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 22 Jul 2020, 07:09

westerbeast73 wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 21:12 The centre they have looks a handful but think hes on big money. A prop aswell would be useful.
Id guess leutele the centre would be one of the players thats visa has ran out.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Jul 2020, 12:18

Do they have to off-load players or indeed, are all contracts null and void.

there seems to be a feeling they'll be allowed back in SL next year and start all over again.

Whatever happens, the whole thing is a farce!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 22 Jul 2020, 12:31

aren't they supposed to have signed richie myler, stevie ward, ryan hall, and ben flower for next season. what happens to them?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 22 Jul 2020, 13:28

I would imagine all present contracts will be null and void as they are not paying players.
Thus no players for next season to ente any league.
Can't imagine Myler and all the other proposed signings will want to risk their futures with them
However it may mean quite a few players without contracts

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Jul 2020, 13:41

Flat Capper wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 12:18 Do they have to off-load players or indeed, are all contracts null and void.

there seems to be a feeling they'll be allowed back in SL next year and start all over again.

The RL will loose any credibility they have left if they allow them back in next season
Just over a day after they gave cast iron assurances they would be good to go they took it upon themselves to withdraw the RL could have put forward a different schedule and avoided embarresment if they'd been honest with them
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Jul 2020, 13:58

tigerfeat wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 13:41
Flat Capper wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 12:18 Do they have to off-load players or indeed, are all contracts null and void.

The RL will loose any credibility they have left if they allow them back in next season
Just over a day after they gave cast iron assurances they would be good to go they took it upon themselves to withdraw the RL could have put forward a different schedule and avoided embarresment if they'd been honest with them
I get the impression the RFL do not worry about credibility.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Jul 2020, 14:11

A precedent has already been set with Leeds using circumstances to not play Catalans earlier in the year with no punishment.

With no relegation, there is nothing lost by Toronto not playing and given the financial circumstances affecting all clubs, which they don't benefit from, they have a very strong case for a minimal punishment.

As no relegation, they would still be in next season anyway so why should they be relegated? I think it also punishes new fans who paid in good faith to see SL rugby in Toronto and never got a chance to. If th sport ever wants to progress in growing new audiences, it needs to ignore the self-interest and bleating of Flat Cappers, who will happily see the game die as long as they have to travel 5 miles to see teams play the likes of Batley.

My personal view is keep them in, they would be in anyway, and give them a small penalty of 6 points. That puts them fairly behind others next season when relegation does return.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 22 Jul 2020, 14:14

HuddsTigers wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 14:11 A precedent has already been set with Leeds using circumstances to not play Catalans earlier in the year with no punishment.

With no relegation, there is nothing lost by Toronto not playing and given the financial circumstances affecting all clubs, which they don't benefit from, they have a very strong case for a minimal punishment.

As no relegation, they would still be in next season anyway so why should they be relegated? I think it also punishes new fans who paid in good faith to see SL rugby in Toronto and never got a chance to. If th sport ever wants to progress in growing new audiences, it needs to ignore the self-interest and bleating of Flat Cappers, who will happily see the game die as long as they have to travel 5 miles to see teams play the likes of Batley.

My personal view is keep them in, they would be in anyway, and give them a small penalty of 6 points. That puts them fairly behind others next season when relegation does return.
What about the fact they have signed players and have basically said go somewhere else and we cant pay you. They need more than a 6 point deduction that's for sure.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Jul 2020, 14:38

Their argument to that is by not completing the season they think they will be in breach of contract. However, they have committed to paying the players for the rest of the season. I also imagine it is more a case of if you want to play you can leave.

There is nothing in the rules to stop players being sold or transferred. Any club can do that if they want to, so it is rather irrelevant. Except in an insolvency event, which they aren't.

The only rule broken is not being able to fulfil their fixtures, which their defence will be the financial reasons. Any independent body will look at the current circumstances and the financial climate, as well as the fact that they don't get TV money, haven't got access to the government loan and other clubs withheld any financial support to them, they will have a reasonable defence to that.

I also think to avoid a disruptive year next season with just 11 teams, it is logical to give them a points deduction and let them earn their right to stay in Super League.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 22 Jul 2020, 14:45

Yes but lots of players have stated they are not getting paid and have not for a while ??

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Jul 2020, 15:02

westerbeast73 wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 14:45 Yes but lots of players have stated they are not getting paid and have not for a while ??
Toronto said they have been paid and it was only this month's payment that was late (due to be paid 1st July).

Players being paid late rather than not at all. Admin needs sorting out. Think they will use this period as way of sorting out the kinks (or that is how I've read the comments of the last few days from Argyle and Hunter)

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Jul 2020, 16:26

Whilst I believe that the technical report from Hudds is close to accurate, failing to fulfil fixtures must surely be a breach of SL operating rules and therefore, the SL should be able to strake action against Toronto, even kicking them out.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 22 Jul 2020, 16:35

HuddsTigers wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 15:02
westerbeast73 wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 14:45 Yes but lots of players have stated they are not getting paid and have not for a while ??
Toronto said they have been paid and it was only this month's payment that was late (due to be paid 1st July).

Players being paid late rather than not at all. Admin needs sorting out. Think they will use this period as way of sorting out the kinks (or that is how I've read the comments of the last few days from Argyle and Hunter)
its only a couple of days ago that mrs watkins was complaining no one had been paid since may.
jo brand is eddie warings love child