McMeekan

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Post Reply
True-supporter
Sean Rudder
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by True-supporter » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:28 pm

We talking about 2017, At the end of the day he is just one man. The problem as been not having a regular full back, which as effected are attack, and players like mcmeeken require gaps and one to one situation. And l feel if we get a good full back is game will come back. He will do well at catalans because of players like tomkins.

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8712
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by tigerfeat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Flat Capper wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:17 pm
He's not officially gone yet and the knives are out.

Perhaps his departure will be announced just after we announce Evalds' signing. Mind you, Catalans aren't as shy of announcements as Cas are.
Everybody's a good player till they leave Cas then there crap who can't get on with Powell and have a bad attitude😉
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1613
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:40 am

Re: McMeekan

Post by derbystiger » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:19 pm

tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:42 pm
Flat Capper wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:17 pm
He's not officially gone yet and the knives are out.

Perhaps his departure will be announced just after we announce Evalds' signing. Mind you, Catalans aren't as shy of announcements as Cas are.
Everybody's a good player till they leave Cas then there crap who can't get on with Powell and have a bad attitude😉
And some of us have been saying he doesn't look interested for the last 2 years

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3938
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by nottinghamtiger » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:27 pm

tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:42 pm
Flat Capper wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:17 pm
He's not officially gone yet and the knives are out.

Perhaps his departure will be announced just after we announce Evalds' signing. Mind you, Catalans aren't as shy of announcements as Cas are.
Everybody's a good player till they leave Cas then there crap who can't get on with Powell and have a bad attitude😉
I think many people have been questioning his place for the last two seasons.
It’s one thing being out-of-form, but I don’t think it should last two years.
I suspect what’s happened is that we gave him a high contract in 2017 when he was the best back-rower in the league and an England international. His performances in 2018 and 2019 probably don’t warrant continuing that contract, let alone improving it.
I’m confident that we can get someone better for the same money, maybe not to play in his position (we have plenty of competition for places there), but someone who will improve the team overall (like another top quality prop).

blinkstudios
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by blinkstudios » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:23 pm

If we use his money to get a starting prop I will be happy with that. For a bloke his size he should be knocking people on their backsides. Too many times you see him tackled getting up and not looking happy that he's been put on his backside. We've loads of cover for 2nd row so glad Powell as decided to use his wage for something else. Even when he was not playing well he was always a starting 2nd row which was frustrating for the fans ?????

User avatar
lurcher
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9733
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 pm
Location: bridlington

Re: McMeekan

Post by lurcher » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:44 pm

he seems to be a slow healer. thinking back he was out for 8 weeks with a hammy and 8 weeks again with a dead leg. most players are back much quicker from those sort of injuries.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

SWISS TONY!!
Junior Moors
Posts: 594
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: WRAGBY

Re: McMeekan

Post by SWISS TONY!! » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:06 pm

lurcher wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:44 pm
he seems to be a slow healer. thinking back he was out for 8 weeks with a hammy and 8 weeks again with a dead leg. most players are back much quicker from those sort of injuries.
Not saying your wrong but it was one hell of a dead leg. Very nasty. And hamstrings are notorious for re tearing. If he comes back too soon and he tears it again hes another couple of month out.
Sad to see him go. It may be what he needs to start fresh. Hope Griffen gets a run of games in his best position. Blair Holmes, JSL and foster to compete for the other side. Hope we get chance to use his wage packet on decent player. Are we thinking Ashworth is the prop were wanting?
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8712
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by tigerfeat » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:53 am

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:27 pm
tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:42 pm
Flat Capper wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:17 pm
He's not officially gone yet and the knives are out.

Perhaps his departure will be announced just after we announce Evalds' signing. Mind you, Catalans aren't as shy of announcements as Cas are.
Everybody's a good player till they leave Cas then there crap who can't get on with Powell and have a bad attitude😉
I think many people have been questioning his place for the last two seasons.
It’s one thing being out-of-form, but I don’t think it should last two years.
I suspect what’s happened is that we gave him a high contract in 2017 when he was the best back-rower in the league and an England international. His performances in 2018 and 2019 probably don’t warrant continuing that contract, let alone improving it.
I’m confident that we can get someone better for the same money, maybe not to play in his position (we have plenty of competition for places there), but someone who will improve the team overall (like another top quality prop).
You think he's being out of form for two years ? I think a lot of it his the way Powell wants him to play his role in the team
My thing with him his he looks a top player when the teams on top goes missing a bit when your looking for someone to turn the game around
Interesting to see how his carear progresses at Catalans been a good player at Cas
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3938
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by nottinghamtiger » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:31 am

tigerfeat wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:53 am
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:27 pm
tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:42 pm
Flat Capper wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:17 pm
He's not officially gone yet and the knives are out.

Perhaps his departure will be announced just after we announce Evalds' signing. Mind you, Catalans aren't as shy of announcements as Cas are.
Everybody's a good player till they leave Cas then there crap who can't get on with Powell and have a bad attitude😉
I think many people have been questioning his place for the last two seasons.
It’s one thing being out-of-form, but I don’t think it should last two years.
I suspect what’s happened is that we gave him a high contract in 2017 when he was the best back-rower in the league and an England international. His performances in 2018 and 2019 probably don’t warrant continuing that contract, let alone improving it.
I’m confident that we can get someone better for the same money, maybe not to play in his position (we have plenty of competition for places there), but someone who will improve the team overall (like another top quality prop).
You think he's being out of form for two years ?
Yes. I reckon I can count the number of good games he’s had since 2017 on one hand.
He’s gone from England’s starting back-rower to not even in the squad, so it’s not just me who thinks he’s gone backwards.

True-supporter
Sean Rudder
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by True-supporter » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:54 pm

Not sure how you can put foster in. Missed a lot more than he as played last few years.

duke street 10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1707
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:22 pm
Location: glasshoughton,our new home?

Re: McMeekan

Post by duke street 10 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:33 pm

At times he can offer more attacking wise than any other back rower in the squad close to the oppositions tryline.

That said he seemed to drift out of games more often than not and hardly ever took the "hospital carry" from his own line with the rival pack bearing down on him and we were chasing the game.

As he has a young family i wouldn't begrudge him wanting to sample the South of France lifestyle if that's what he wants, and with Blair staking a place in the starting 13 he might think his 1st team chances are limited

Dixie D
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:33 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by Dixie D » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:43 pm

Good luck to him if he goes, just not against us! Gave us some good years but a change can be good for both parties if its getting stale and who could begrudge him having a go in the South of France. I like him but dont think he will be massively missed either.

MrRugby123
Dean Widders
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by MrRugby123 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:31 pm

We can’t just keep losing players though. Millington, moors, Cook, Smith and Mcmeeken all could leave this year with who replacing them?

Fumper27
Brad Davis
Posts: 5985
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 am

Re: McMeekan

Post by Fumper27 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:01 am

MrRugby123 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:31 pm
We can’t just keep losing players though. Millington, moors, Cook, Smith and Mcmeeken all could leave this year with who replacing them?
I’m sure the powers that be have plans in place to either retain or replace those listed.

Have faith...

tykeneil
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by tykeneil » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:18 am

I would like to keep McMeeken as I still think he has a lot to offer (and a british forward) but if he feels his future lies elsewhere best wishes.
At his peak (as for all) in 2017 he also had a great partnership on the right with one Jake Webster (and Minikin) - the one hand offloads a joy

Post Reply