McMeekan

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: McMeekan

Post by westerbeast73 » 11 Sep 2020, 20:13

SWISS TONY!! wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 19:55
Fumper27 wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 17:19 Where did I say that it was alright?

I was merely countering your vitriol with actual facts.

Had the ball steals come off, we’d of got excellent field position. Another time, they do come off
Got to say I thought he was unlucky with the steals. Still not sure how it was classed as a knock on as both times the ball came backward towards mcmeeken so should be classed as backwards. Especially the second one and if anything should have been classed as a loose carry and therefore a knock on by wire
But it wasn't and put us under pressure, aswell as him having a poor attitude. He gets in the team no matter how badly he plays. No wonder fans are getting peed off with him.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Sep 2020, 20:47

westerbeast73 wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 20:13

Had the ball steals come off, we’d of got excellent field position. Another time, they do come off
Got to say I thought he was unlucky with the steals. Still not sure how it was classed as a knock on as both times the ball came backward towards mcmeeken so should be classed as backwards. Especially the second one and if anything should have been classed as a loose carry and therefore a knock on by wire
But it wasn't and put us under pressure, aswell as him having a poor attitude. He gets in the team no matter how badly he plays. No wonder fans are getting peed off with him.
Be interested to know what you mean by poor attitude ?

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 11 Sep 2020, 21:01

But what's the difference between and watts being stripped of the ball? Griffen being stripped of the ball? They were unlucky and put us up against it. As did the Richardson no try, all put us under pressure and we struggled to cope resulting in us losing the possession. But because mcmeekin is flavour of the month then hes the devil. Hes probably guilty of trying too hard wanting to make the big play to prove his worth. The worse thing he did was miss the tackle along with foster that did cost us the game. Griffen gave away penalties and Milner normally does. Are these the next to be bagged?
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 11 Sep 2020, 21:18

SWISS TONY!! wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 21:01

But what's the difference between and watts being stripped of the ball? Griffen being stripped of the ball? They were unlucky and put us up against it. As did the Richardson no try, all put us under pressure and we struggled to cope resulting in us losing the possession. But because mcmeekin is flavour of the month then hes the devil. Hes probably guilty of trying too hard wanting to make the big play to prove his worth. The worse thing he did was miss the tackle along with foster that did cost us the game. Griffen gave away penalties and Milner normally does. Are these the next to be bagged?
Your talking about 1 game, I'm saying hes been bad in the last 5 games. The fact the club dont want to pay him what he wants is enough ontop of his poor attitude. Cas signed him when he was nothing built him up to a very good player in 2017. Very poor since then so good ridance.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2020, 23:39

westerbeast73 wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 21:18
SWISS TONY!! wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 21:01

Your talking about 1 game, I'm saying hes been bad in the last 5 games. The fact the club dont want to pay him what he wants is enough ontop of his poor attitude. Cas signed him when he was nothing built him up to a very good player in 2017. Very poor since then so good ridance.
I’ve never seen a player who is so obviously not bothered. Sure, we’ve had lazy players before, but at the moment McMeeken is taking the absolute proverbial.
Now the top four is gone, it’s time to stop playing those who are moving on next year and build for 2021. It’s now more advantageous to play Tyla Hepi, Sam Hall and Bailey Hodgson than Mike McMeekan, Junior Moors and Greg Eden/James Clare. This season is basically worth nothing to us now, so we should be taking advantage to build the experience of the players who will be here next season.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 11 Sep 2020, 23:58

Totally agree but Powell wont do it, hes too stuck in his ways.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 13 Nov 2020, 22:41

Can’t see him lasting long at Catalan he’s to lazy for there side.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Nov 2020, 23:13

Mucky1978 wrote: 13 Nov 2020, 22:41 Can’t see him lasting long at Catalan he’s to lazy for there side.
Yep. Looking at that team, I can’t see who he is going to displace.
Joel Tomkins maybe, given how long he is likely to be banned for.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Nov 2020, 08:09

I think Mike will be a great success at Catalans
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 14 Nov 2020, 11:14

tigerfeat wrote: 14 Nov 2020, 08:09 I think Mike will be a great success at Catalans
Same. I think Catalans have a lot of pace and some big men in the middle and on his day Mcmeeken fits both categories. Fast for a big lad, good at getting the arm free and finding a pass. If he can draw players in and get the ball out to the likes of Folau it will be dangerous.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Nov 2020, 11:24

Depends on which head he as on when he goes into a game.
He can be unplayable or he can go into his shell.
I feel he got stale at cas and maybe fresh surroundings will do him good.
Time will tell.

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 14 Nov 2020, 17:38

God help cas if Hepi is the replacement for Mcmeekan. Not big enough not heavy enough. Ball handling scales non existence. Very mediocre. No good having great backs without strong forwards.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 14 Nov 2020, 17:41

True-supporter wrote: 14 Nov 2020, 17:38 God help cas if Hepi is the replacement for Mcmeekan. Not big enough not heavy enough. Ball handling scales non existence. Very mediocre. No good having great backs without strong forwards.
Reckon Blair will be his replacement, not fast enough for a centre but played well in the 2nd row.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 14 Nov 2020, 21:13

westerbeast73 wrote: 14 Nov 2020, 17:41
True-supporter wrote: 14 Nov 2020, 17:38 God help cas if Hepi is the replacement for Mcmeekan. Not big enough not heavy enough. Ball handling scales non existence. Very mediocre. No good having great backs without strong forwards.
Reckon Blair will be his replacement, not fast enough for a centre but played well in the 2nd row.
Yesh think so. He needs a big pre-season for me, looked overweight since coming back from lockdown. But if I'm proper shape will do a good job there.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 15 Nov 2020, 00:00

Now the guessing game starts of who the club signs , the coach said he is looking forward to next season and challenging for trophies well let’s hope he might be right but if he does not add two big forwards and a centre he his in for a big shock as a lot of the fans but not him see the squad as it is not being good enough

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 15 Nov 2020, 09:21

Maybe he thinks the 2 young props rumoured to be signing and Dan Fleming will be enough ? Time will tell.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 15 Nov 2020, 11:37

westerbeast73 wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 09:21 Maybe he thinks the 2 young props rumoured to be signing and Dan Fleming will be enough ? Time will tell.
Considering that they will be up against packs that Sts, Wigan, Hull and Leeds have already have that’s a marker for DP to consider when making his signings

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 15 Nov 2020, 13:04

laner wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 00:00 Now the guessing game starts of who the club signs , the coach said he is looking forward to next season and challenging for trophies well let’s hope he might be right but if he does not add two big forwards and a centre he his in for a big shock as a lot of the fans but not him see the squad as it is not being good enough
If we don't replace the 3 forwards with quality additions that are leaving who would get in our match day 17 when fit then it is just hot air from Powell.
We will have no chance of competing at the top end of the table.

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 11 Dec 2020, 21:29

Confirmed today going to France

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 12 Dec 2020, 00:18

Wouldn’t surprise me if they dropped him after a few week when they see how lazy he is.