Scandal

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Scandal

Post by Flat Capper » 02 Jan 2020, 13:19

So let me get this straight in my own head, a wman has apparently been assualted but no arrest has been made?

Not sure about the failings of Cas Tigers and bullying issues but I'd like to think the Police would react a little quicker if my wife or daughters were was being beat up.

Just saying...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 02 Jan 2020, 13:28

Flat Capper wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 13:19 So let me get this straight in my own head, a wman has apparently been assualted but no arrest has been made?

Not sure about the failings of Cas Tigers and bullying issues but I'd like to think the Police would react a little quicker if my wife or daughters were was being beat up.

Just saying...
Indeed.

Such sounds the hatred of oggy, they’d have been very fast Carr’s uploading any further details going forward by now.

Unless there’s going to be a trial.

But there can be no trial if nobody has even been cautioned, :D this paper bag carr’s Pal speaks about, it sounds like to me is stronger than any potential wrong doing by oggy Holmes.

If I don’t hear about an arrest or questioning by police in the next 48 hours then the Carr’s are slow in terms of trying to cause genuine grief for a respected senior pro.

I’d say do one Lewis tbh. Just gut feeling.
Audacter Et Sincere

Altofts tiger25
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Altofts tiger25 » 02 Jan 2020, 15:12

Heard that what happened was Lewis was missbehaving while on christmas drinks out in leeds apparently having a go at Eden by telling him he was rubbish and Carr was going to take his place in team. Oggy tried to calm the situation and Carr not taken kindly to Oggy getting involved resulting in a scuffle and Oggy getting accused of strangling Car to brink of unconciousness.
Pretty clear Carr then gone home bleating to mummy n daddy and Oggy bears the brunt of angry mum.
Sounds like Carr needs to learn how to behave when having a drink.
I see Oggy out and about quite often and find him nothing but polite and sociable.
Nobody takes kindly to threats and abuse

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Jan 2020, 15:37

Think I'd be complaing to someone if I'd being strangled to brink of unconciisness
Not heard owt except whats being put on here but not hard to work out the goings on I don't think
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Altofts tiger25
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Altofts tiger25 » 02 Jan 2020, 16:05

I would too. But if i were out of line by being an arse on a drinking outing i would suck it up and learn a lesson from it.
Little lad big boots and all that

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 02 Jan 2020, 16:21

The main problem with this is, people believe rumours too quickly.

I fully understand the whole "no smoke without fire", and 90% of previous rumours have turned out to be true one way or another.

However, some people on here have seen a rumour on Facebook or Twitter and taken it to be gospel truth. All of sudden Oggi should be sacked, sold or flogged down Wheldon Road.

If it's true he's battered Carr & his family for no reason, then yes there should be repercussions. But if it turns out Carr has been gobbing off and acting like a plum, and Oggi has brought him down a peg or two then fair enough. Maybe he's not as guilty as first thought?

I don't think we, as fans, should jump to conclusions so quickly without knowing the full facts.

Altofts tiger25
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Altofts tiger25 » 02 Jan 2020, 16:35

Totaly agree with that show n go
Impartiality is the key.
Seems like Oggy getting a bad rap on here.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 02 Jan 2020, 17:07

I know nothing, I am a friend of neither and merely giving an opinion.
Experience suggests in drink related issues that one party will think the former scenario Show n' Go outlined and the other the latter.
Therein is the challenge, what is the truth, usually it is somewhere in-between.

Hope that it simply is a storm in a team cup and goes away no distractions needed.

Altofts tiger25
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Altofts tiger25 » 02 Jan 2020, 17:11

Totaly agree with that mdean

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 02 Jan 2020, 17:31

With social media being the animal it has become, I've had a few Cappers asking me what's happened and now Leeds and Wakey fans at work are asking me. whatever has happened, the rumour mill is doing its best to paint a bad light.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 03 Jan 2020, 05:47

tigerfeat wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 15:37 Think I'd be complaing to someone if I'd being strangled to brink of unconciisness
Not heard owt except whats being put on here but not hard to work out the goings on I don't think
come on think about it Oggy has tried to calm situation down Carr's kicked off oggys restrained. Then Carr's gone running to mummy .
TM Out

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Jan 2020, 09:24

The bigger point I was trying to make wether it's put on the forum or kept quiet was we could do without this kind of nonsense every few months or so
Year ago bit of banter or whatever you want to call it went too far and it lead to consequences
It would be helpful if we could get through a year without any dramas off the field
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 03 Jan 2020, 09:37

Senior pro puts young upstart in his place shocker!
Been going on at all sports clubs since before we were all born.nothing to see here people
Roll on the actual rugby

Kenilworth Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Kenilworth Tiger » 03 Jan 2020, 12:23

I have absolutely no idea if anything has gone on but Oggy is incredibly quiet on his usually busy twitter feed
I don't have a favourite second team - it's Cas 100% for me

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Jan 2020, 20:17

So as usual with Cas rumours we have 7 variations of what's allegedly happened and literally none could be true. Everyone has had a character assassination without any semblance of fact (bordering on libel!).

The sensible thing in my view to do in this scenario is to wait and see what happens or until the club provide any further comment (providing there's actually any truth to any element, and not just mischief bothering somewhere).
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 03 Jan 2020, 22:46

HuddsTigers wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 20:17 So as usual with Cas rumours we have 7 variations of what's allegedly happened and literally none could be true. Everyone has had a character assassination without any semblance of fact (bordering on libel!).

The sensible thing in my view to do in this scenario is to wait and see what happens or until the club provide any further comment (providing there's actually any truth to any element, and not just mischief bothering somewhere).
Unfortunately "Wait & See" isn't something a few member of our fan base are good at.

A rumour pops up on social media and all of sudden we should sell him or release him from his contract.

Say Oggi comes out as innocent, what would the reaction of some on here be?

blinkstudios
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by blinkstudios » 04 Jan 2020, 10:55

Usually no smoke without fire to be honest. Just a question of how much smoke and how much fire.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 04 Jan 2020, 11:08

Smoke machines?

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 04 Jan 2020, 11:50

:lol:
blinkstudios wrote: 04 Jan 2020, 10:55 Usually no smoke without fire to be honest. Just a question of how much smoke and how much fire.
E cigs

blinkstudios
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by blinkstudios » 04 Jan 2020, 12:01

vapour not smoke ](*,)