Isn’t it marvellous..

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Isn’t it marvellous..

Post by thedogvinnie » 11 Nov 2019, 10:54

Mysterio wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 00:20
Fryston Tiger wrote: 10 Nov 2019, 18:28 JR is named as one of the 6.....
TRULY HONESTLY CANNOT BELIEVE OUR CLUB...

In my time ;

1994 RT winning team, needed one or two top quality additions to become joint favourites for the league title...result : rested on laurels. Went backwards.

1999 Squad genuinely needed one or two top quality additions to become joint favourites for the league title...result : rested on laurels. Went backwards

2017 squad absolutely only needed one or two top quality additions to become favourites for a GF win...result : rested on laurels. Went backwards

2018 pre season despite losing players Wells says we’re strong enough... :D

2019 - !

2020 - bottom half of table / potential relegation battle (no I’m not joking, it could quite easily happen next year, there’s only a couple of teams I’d ‘expect’ 2 points from

Digest & discuss....
To be fair that has always been the cycle at Cas, expect nothing and take the good with the bad. enjoy the ride.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Nov 2019, 10:56

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 09:17
tigerfeat wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 08:59

In my time ;

1994 RT winning team, needed one or two top quality additions to become joint favourites for the league title...result : rested on laurels. Went backwards.

1999 Squad genuinely needed one or two top quality additions to become joint favourites for the league title...result : rested on laurels. Went backwards

2017 squad absolutely only needed one or two top quality additions to become favourites for a GF win...result : rested on laurels. Went backwards

2019 - !

2020 - bottom half of table / potential relegation battle (no I’m not joking, it could quite easily happen next year, there’s only a couple of teams I’d ‘expect’ 2 points from

Digest & discuss....
I agree with you about what's happened when we've had the best team in the league ala 2017 losing zak letting a talent like Mcllend slip away signing average players like Ellis Clare Aston we got it all wrong again
I'm optimistic on next season tho given we got to within 80 minutes of a semi with a team that were busted and couldn't break teams down to score points
Only Hull I see making a big improvement to have Leeds at 12s and cas at 20s to win the GF is barmy id have Leeds 50s and cas about 7s
A lot will depend on wether Rankin re-pays the faith in getting the number one jersey and whoever plays at 9 I presume Mcshane needs to be a lot better than we had in that position last year
There was also a very telling interview with the conditioner a few weeks ago where he basically said we'd got things wrong and there would be a whole new approach for 2020
Interesting last comment
Conditioning needs to adapt like playing style. The core stuff will always be the same, you've got to put the miles in to get it out.

They find new things out all the time and it is known that doing certain things aggravate certain injuries but with analysis and new medical changes they can be altered. An acl injury was a career killer, now some are back within months.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Nov 2019, 11:25

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 09:17
tigerfeat wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 08:59

In my time ;

2019 - !

Digest & discuss....
I agree with you about what's happened when we've had the best team in the league ala 2017 losing zak letting a talent like Mcllend slip away signing average players like Ellis Clare Aston we got it all wrong again
I'm optimistic on next season tho given we got to within 80 minutes of a semi with a team that were busted and couldn't break teams down to score points
Only Hull I see making a big improvement to have Leeds at 12s and cas at 20s to win the GF is barmy id have Leeds 50s and cas about 7s
A lot will depend on wether Rankin re-pays the faith in getting the number one jersey and whoever plays at 9 I presume Mcshane needs to be a lot better than we had in that position last year
There was also a very telling interview with the conditioner a few weeks ago where he basically said we'd got things wrong and there would be a whole new approach for 2020
Interesting last comment
I can't find the article now with conditioner Bell but he basically said the players were pushed too hard last pre season and half way through the season they changed the training
He also said more emphasis would be but on skills training and mentaly getting things right next season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Nov 2019, 12:00

I acknowledge that I fall on the side of pessimism, but to me pre season is pre season.

It is what it is.

Get super fit or as fit as possible for the rigours ahead. Bearing in mind players are ‘just’ adding to last seasons size/strength/cv fitness.

Pinning our hopes on the words of a conditioner saying we’re doing things differently is a bit desperate IMO. If we’re drawing our motivation and excitement this pre season from the signing of Richardson, Griffin and the words of Bell, we truly are going backwards.

If DP were to be offered the GB role now I think he might go before the going gets soft.
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Nov 2019, 12:07

thedogvinnie wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 10:54

In my time ;

2019 - !

Digest & discuss....
To be fair that has always been the cycle at Cas, expect nothing and take the good with the bad. enjoy the ride.
I hope that’s partly tongue in cheek pal. It’s not the attitude we should settle for?
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Nov 2019, 12:15

i think we will have a top full back lined up for 2021 ,barba talking to a super league club apparently id be looking at Evalds myself...
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Nov 2019, 13:00

Barba can play again now can’t he?
There’s only one club can afford what he will try to demand and that’s TWP.
I’d like him here but doubt we could afford it. Would be nice to know if we’d looked at him though,
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Nov 2019, 13:14

he played for Mackay with his brother at the weekend ,one of the rugby papers said he was talking to a super league club
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 Nov 2019, 13:32

tigerfeat wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 12:15 i think we will have a top full back lined up for 2021 ,barba talking to a super league club apparently id be looking at Evalds myself...

Evalds will be salfords top priority in regards to retention now
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Nov 2019, 13:38

Mysterio wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 13:00 Barba can play again now can’t he?
There’s only one club can afford what he will try to demand and that’s TWP.
I’d like him here but doubt we could afford it. Would be nice to know if we’d looked at him though,
I thought that his ban to the NRL remained in place from something that I’d read and his ability to play in this game was due to a loophole?

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 11 Nov 2019, 13:59

In 2017 we already had the best team in the league until we lost hardaker so all we needed to do was replace him but we went for cheap option moving Roberts to full back and signing Ellis.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Nov 2019, 14:33

I have faith in the club and Powell as always.

In six and a half years Powell has got us:
* 2 Finals
* 1 LLS
* Made the play-offs 4 out of 6 seasons [2014 (4th), 2017 (1st), 2018 (3rd), 2019 (5th)]
* Top 5 in six seasons (2015+2016 both finished 5th)

People kept writing us off including our own fans that we were going to regress or be one season wonders and every season he's disproved every single one of you critiquers wrong.

That's despite his best assets being sold off every single season, wanting to leave or getting themselves banned.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 11 Nov 2019, 14:55

HuddsTigers wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 14:33 ...Made the play-offs 4 out of 6 seasons [2014 (4th), 2017 (1st), 2018 (3rd), 2019 (5th)]...
Think that's enough to sum up the cocerns of some who, IMO, aren't writing the club off but merely pointing out we've gone backewards and there no sign of that reversing. If we continue this trend we'll end up 7th and out of the play-offs which for a GFist 2 years ago is an abject failure.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 11 Nov 2019, 15:11

Mysterio wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 12:07
thedogvinnie wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 10:54

In my time ;

2019 - !

Digest & discuss....
I hope that’s partly tongue in cheek pal. It’s not the attitude we should settle for?
Not settling for but realising thats just how it is and will continue to be while ever we are hamstrung with the glasshoughton debacle, we cannot generate enough income at the old girl to continually compete at the top table. We need that stadium and everything it brings, or a real sugar daddy. Sadly thats the way this sport has gone and it will only get worse now Toronto are splashing the cash.
You know, i can see a day coming when the superleague try and force Calder on us again, or relegate us cos our toiilets dont flush properly.
On the bright side, Im off to see Hawkwind toneet [REMOVED] to RL for a few hours

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Nov 2019, 16:59

thedogvinnie wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 15:11.
You know, i can see a day coming when the superleague try and force Calder on us again, or relegate us cos our toiilets dont flush properly.
And the club would have nobody to blame but themselves.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Nov 2019, 19:22

I saw Alex Foster up glasshoughton at tea time he looked to be walking freely no idea how far he is off playing but you know if he comes back playing well it will be like a new signing for us
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Nov 2019, 19:25

Flat Capper wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 14:55
HuddsTigers wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 14:33 ...Made the play-offs 4 out of 6 seasons [2014 (4th), 2017 (1st), 2018 (3rd), 2019 (5th)]...
Think that's enough to sum up the cocerns of some who, IMO, aren't writing the club off but merely pointing out we've gone backewards and there no sign of that reversing. If we continue this trend we'll end up 7th and out of the play-offs which for a GFist 2 years ago is an abject failure.

But then by that logic we wouldn't have finished 1st in 2017 or shouldn't have done. It's gone 10th, 4th, 5th, 5th, 1st, 3rd, 5th.

We haven't dropped out the 5 with Powell in charge and that's with a squad decimated by injury last year too. We arguably *should* have finished higher given some of our losses last season too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Nov 2019, 20:44

HuddsTigers wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 14:33 I have faith in the club and Powell as always.

* 2 Finals
* 1 LLS
* Made the play-offs 4 out of 6 seasons [2014 (4th), 2017 (1st), 2018 (3rd), 2019 (5th)]

People kept writing us off including our own fans that we were going to regress or be one season wonders and every season he's disproved every single one of you critiquers wrong.

That's despite his best assets being sold off every single season, wanting to leave or getting themselves banned.
I have faith in Powell. Considering where we were before he came in, and the challenges he has faced in the time he has been at the club, he has delivered more than anyone could have hoped for.
But I don’t have faith in those running the club. They are sleepwalking into losing our SL status if (or maybe when) the RFL decide to reintroduce some kind of off-field criteria.
Our marketing is woeful, our admin systems belong in the 1980s and there is absolutely no strategic direction whatsoever. They’ve destroyed relationships with supporter groups who offered services for free, local community groups and schools.
The coaching staff and most players (in terms of how they promote the club) cannot be faulted. Those in management need to take a long, hard look in the mirror (in my opinion).

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Nov 2019, 23:10

nottinghamtiger wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 20:44
HuddsTigers wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 14:33 I have faith in the club and Powell as always.

* 2 Finals
* 1 LLS

I have faith in Powell. Considering where we were before he came in, and the challenges he has faced in the time he has been at the club, he has delivered more than anyone could have hoped for.
But I don’t have faith in those running the club. They are sleepwalking into losing our SL status if (or maybe when) the RFL decide to reintroduce some kind of off-field criteria.
Our marketing is woeful, our admin systems belong in the 1980s and there is absolutely no strategic direction whatsoever. They’ve destroyed relationships with supporter groups who offered services for free, local community groups and schools.
The coaching staff and most players (in terms of how they promote the club) cannot be faulted. Those in management need to take a long, hard look in the mirror (in my opinion).
This is exactly the kind of thing I was trying to articulate :clap:
Audacter Et Sincere

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 12 Nov 2019, 09:39

nottinghamtiger wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 16:59
thedogvinnie wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 15:11.
And the club would have nobody to blame but themselves.
Im curious, explain to me how the club with all its financial clout could have improved things and NOT gone the way Wakey have a few times and god forbid the way the Bulls still are, you never know, your superior knowledge may be picked up by the club and result in us getting the shiny [REMOVED] houses we deserve.

The club is Hamstrung by the glasshoughton white elephant and a council that prefers to pump all its brass into Wakefield Trinity ........ Where is our £3 million interest free loan? the old girl would scrub up well with £3 mill to play with dont ya think?