Jesse Ramien

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Flat Capper
Alan Hardisty

Re: Jesse Ramien

Post by Flat Capper » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:43 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:So the next question is do we have the cap space? I din't think we've used Gale's dispensation money yet, have we?
It's largely irrelevant if we want to sign a player beyond this year as we need the cap space next season too, factoring in Gale's salary again.
I was only thinking of the remainder of this season but I take your point.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Juscas
Dean Widders

Post by Juscas » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:14 pm

nottinghamtiger wrote:
SWISS TONY!! wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:Newcastle also allowing Herman Ese’Ese to leave.
Assuming Millington and Moors will do one more year at the most, and that Moors is out for the rest of this year, he’d be a perfect addition and a better use of a quota spot than a centre when we have Minikin, Blair, Mata’utia and Shenton (when fit) who can play there.
Only seen Ese'ese a couple of times so not sure about him.
But in regards to centre minikin is supposed to be leaving next year, who knows how shenton will return, so that leaves Blair and an unproven storey. Id like us to give matautia a go in the centre as he played the majority of his career in nrl at centre.

Are we keeping Rankin? Where are we playing him?
Just goes to show options are available
To be honest, I’m hoping Wakefield go down and we sign Alex Walker to play at full-back. That would leave Mata’utia, Blair and Shenton for the centre spots, with Eden and and Olpherts as options on the wing.
Rankin back to Huddersfield and a non-fed spot free.
It might only be me but I’m not sure on Alex Walker.watched him quite a bit and I don’t think he is ready for a regular spot in a team challenging for trophies.thats not to say he won’t make it but not ready yet.in the modern game full back is too important for a project player

Mucky1978
Junior Moors

Post by Mucky1978 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:21 pm

Juscas wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
SWISS TONY!! wrote:
Assuming Millington and Moors will do one more year at the most, and that Moors is out for the rest of this year, he’d be a perfect addition and a better use of a quota spot than a centre when we have Minikin, Blair, Mata’utia and Shenton (when fit) who can play there.
But in regards to centre minikin is supposed to be leaving next year, who knows how shenton will return, so that leaves Blair and an unproven storey. Id like us to give matautia a go in the centre as he played the majority of his career in nrl at centre.

To be honest, I’m hoping Wakefield go down and we sign Alex Walker to play at full-back. That would leave Mata’utia, Blair and Shenton for the centre spots, with Eden and and Olpherts as options on the wing.
It might only be me but I’m not sure on Alex Walker.watched him quite a bit and I don’t think he is ready for a regular spot in a team challenging for trophies.thats not to say he won’t make it but not ready yet.in the modern game full back is too important for a project player
He will be ok at Wakefield then they never challenge for owt.

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale

Post by nottinghamtiger » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:02 pm

Juscas wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
SWISS TONY!! wrote:

Maybe. Time will tell, but I think he’s got all the attributes to become a very good full-back.
Whilst I rate Mata’utia as a player (and think he should be playing in the centre), I think we should be looking for someone who can offer more of an attacking threat from full-back. Easier said than done, though.