GIGOT

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: GIGOT

Post by mart0042 » 15 Jul 2019, 09:31

LeagueLeaders wrote:
Swagger wrote:
LeagueLeaders wrote:Yeah but isn't Minikin going? Personally I'd try find some form with the players we are planning to keep. Also I'm still not keen on Minikin anyway. Most of the tries down our right have come through the halves and fullbacks linking up, not through Minikin. In fact a lot have been scored after they cut Minikin out and threw it wide to Clare
Yeh if Minikin is going then no way we play Minikin over Blair when Shenton comes back. We need to get some game time under belts for next season.

Rankin
Feki
Blair
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale

Watts
McShane
Smith
McMeekan
Jesse
Milner

Could be scarily good with a full pre season and 100% fit.
I'd play Foster over Jesse. I think we've missed him tbh
Foster over Smith definitely not Jesse, his enthusiasm is so very important.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 15 Jul 2019, 10:38

mart0042 wrote:
LeagueLeaders wrote:
Swagger wrote:
LeagueLeaders wrote:Yeah but isn't Minikin going? Personally I'd try find some form with the players we are planning to keep. Also I'm still not keen on Minikin anyway. Most of the tries down our right have come through the halves and fullbacks linking up, not through Minikin. In fact a lot have been scored after they cut Minikin out and threw it wide to Clare
Yeh if Minikin is going then no way we play Minikin over Blair when Shenton comes back. We need to get some game time under belts for next season.

Rankin
Feki
Blair
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale

Watts
McShane
Smith
McMeekan
Jesse
Milner

Foster is not a prop.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 15 Jul 2019, 13:04

But has played half his cas career there and tbh Foster has played all over

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 15 Jul 2019, 13:26

mart0042 wrote:But has played half his cas career there and tbh Foster has played all over
No he hasn't. He's a 2nd rower who can fill in at centre. If he was to be our starting prop for 2020 were in trouble.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 15 Jul 2019, 21:48

Could just move Jesse to prop and play Foster in back row. He doesn't play prop for us much but he did for Cronulla

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 15 Jul 2019, 22:04

LeagueLeaders wrote:Could just move Jesse to prop and play Foster in back row. He doesn't play prop for us much but he did for Cronulla
JSL is a good 2nd rower but a very average prop so wouldn't waste him in the front row.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Jul 2019, 06:18

Sharlotiger wrote:
LeagueLeaders wrote:Could just move Jesse to prop and play Foster in back row. He doesn't play prop for us much but he did for Cronulla
JSL is a good 2nd rower but a very average prop so wouldn't waste him in the front row.
Yup. You either start with Smith or Moors or go out and bring in a starting prop to partner watts.

Prob is we still need a proper FB and a halfback but i doubt we have enough money for all 3. Maybe one more.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 16 Jul 2019, 09:51

fords wrote:
mart0042 wrote:But has played half his cas career there and tbh Foster has played all over
No he hasn't. He's a 2nd rower who can fill in at centre. If he was to be our starting prop for 2020 were in trouble.
Yes Foster has played prop for us and his versatility is vital, he's competent at prop, second row and centre.

I agree jesse Is better at left second row but he also goes in at left prop.

Its a matter of getting a fit squad and letting them battle it out to get the Jersey, there's maybe only one player who wants to play only one position and maybe that's the reason he's going to another team to be their 5th choice centre.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Jul 2019, 10:39

Big fan of Gigot, he's a bit of a maverick. Very skilful, very passionate and a match winner. Catalan would be foolish to lose him at only 28 years old.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 Jul 2019, 15:15

heritage1926 wrote:Big fan of Gigot, he's a bit of a maverick. Very skilful, very passionate and a match winner. Catalan would be foolish to lose him at only 28 years old.
Wow didn't think he was that young,genuinely thought he was mid 30s lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Jul 2019, 20:28

mart0042 wrote:
fords wrote:
Yes Foster has played prop for us and his versatility is vital, he's competent at prop, second row and centre.

Its a matter of getting a fit squad and letting them battle it out to get the Jersey, there's maybe only one player who wants to play only one position and maybe that's the reason he's going to another team to be their 5th choice centre.
He may have played the odd game when we're desperate but not half in career like you said.

He is not big enough for prop, simple as that.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 17 Jul 2019, 09:36

fords wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
fords wrote:

He may have played the odd game when we're desperate but not half in career like you said.

He is not big enough for prop, simple as that.
It would be interesting to see his stats. Wiki says he's played 41 times for us but not his many off the bench. Generally we don't spell second rowers so my bunch is that they would be a middle forward swap.if someone knows that might be interesting.

Foster would be in my 17, not the best at any position but never let's you down. Injury free he could nail a forward spot.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 17 Jul 2019, 11:21

Doubt Foster would ever usurp Milner at 13 but would love to see him have a go there.And like everyone else would see Gigot as a real step forward.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 17 Jul 2019, 11:42

Hepworth7 wrote:Doubt Foster would ever usurp Milner at 13 but would love to see him have a go there.And like everyone else would see Gigot as a real step forward.
Think only problem with that is Massey and Milner and quite decent with ball in hand in terms off passing and I don’t quite think fosters passing skills are his best asset . I think fosters passing lets him down from been a decent centre to be honest

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 30 Aug 2019, 22:03

Tigersbarmy wrote:
Hepworth7 wrote:Doubt Foster would ever usurp Milner at 13 but would love to see him have a go there.And like everyone else would see Gigot as a real step forward.
Think only problem with that is Massey and Milner and quite decent with ball in hand in terms off passing and I don’t quite think fosters passing skills are his best asset . I think fosters passing lets him down from been a decent centre to be honest
Massey can’t make a pass in a strip joint
Audacter Et Sincere

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 30 Aug 2019, 22:26

fords wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
LeagueLeaders wrote:
Swagger wrote:

Rankin
Feki
Blair
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Gale

Watts
McShane
Smith
McMeekan
Jesse
Milner

Foster is not a prop.
Absolutely this. He is as much a prop as Ellis is a Super League halfback.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 31 Aug 2019, 11:06

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote: Absolutely this. He is as much a prop as Ellis is a Super League halfback.
I thought we’d signed a new prop when I saw Ellis line up last night

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 31 Aug 2019, 15:01

BigBez10 wrote:
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote: Absolutely this. He is as much a prop as Ellis is a Super League halfback.
I thought we’d signed a new prop when I saw Ellis line up last night
No excuse for him to look that unfit.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 01 Sep 2019, 10:25

I’d play foster as 13 and leave the penalty machine in reserve till he can cool it a bit.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 02 Sep 2019, 12:27

Looks like Gigot and Kenny Edwards are Huddersfield bound.