Bevan French

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Liam1986

Bevan French

Post by Liam1986 » 09 Jul 2019, 17:33

Heard that wigan are in the market for him.. Got 2 good fullbacks at Wigan so strange that they would go for another, can't see them signing him for the wing as there packed in that position. I no its a long shot and cas prob wouldn't sign him for a fee as with what happened last time but having Zak back down lane would transform are team into title contenders.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Bevan French

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 Jul 2019, 19:32

I’d prefer Bevan French. Would be a strange signing for Wigan given they have Hardaker at full-back and four wingers in Marshall, Davies, Manfredi and Burgess. And no decent forwards.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 09 Jul 2019, 21:31

Welcome home zak
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 09 Jul 2019, 21:35

Liam1986 wrote:Heard that wigan are in the market for him.. Got 2 good fullbacks at Wigan so strange that they would go for another, can't see them signing him for the wing as there packed in that position. I no its a long shot and cas prob wouldn't sign him for a fee as with what happened last time but having Zak back down lane would transform are team into title contenders.
Why not send Rankin back and look to get money for Wardle; discuss Millo and Moors potential retirement; look to offload Peanut and use any of this money that can be freed by managing some if not all of these, to acquire Bevan French?

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 10 Jul 2019, 15:56

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Liam1986 wrote:Heard that wigan are in the market for him.. Got 2 good fullbacks at Wigan so strange that they would go for another, can't see them signing him for the wing as there packed in that position. I no its a long shot and cas prob wouldn't sign him for a fee as with what happened last time but having Zak back down lane would transform are team into title contenders.
Why not send Rankin back and look to get money for Wardle; discuss Millo and Moors potential retirement; look to offload Peanut and use any of this money that can be freed by managing some if not all of these, to acquire Bevan French?
If only it was that easy.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 11 Jul 2019, 11:25

Why don’t we just once be the team that chases players like French. Instead we get linked to a who’s who of outcasts/rejects/projects. I know it’s down to budget but we have a huge squad and at least 6/7 of them never play!!

When Leeds were at their strongest they had a first team squad of 20. I think we have 26.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 11 Jul 2019, 20:19

What's the point of having a big squad if Powell just sticks with the same players if they are performing well or not. Talks about competition for places but the same names are on the team sheet week in week out. Pete should be know were near the team at the minute.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 11 Jul 2019, 22:05

westerbeast wrote:What's the point of having a big squad if Powell just sticks with the same players if they are performing well or not. Talks about competition for places but the same names are on the team sheet week in week out. Pete should be know were near the team at the minute.
We have struggled to get more than 19 fit for most of season and when someone isn't playing well usually the obvious replacement for that person is already injured.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 11 Jul 2019, 22:51

Pete should have been dropped weeks ago but Powell shot himself in the foot by sending our young fullback to Fev for a month :roll:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Jul 2019, 22:57

tallguyx wrote:Why don’t we just once be the team that chases players like French. Instead we get linked to a who’s who of outcasts/rejects/projects. I know it’s down to budget but we have a huge squad and at least 6/7 of them never play!!

When Leeds were at their strongest they had a first team squad of 20. I think we have 26.
According to Wikipedia, Leeds won their 2011 Grand Final on a squad of 32 players (32 is missing), of which 27 played for them. Albeit Brad Singleton and a youngster (#32) played 1 game each.

Everyone else played 10 games (Ben Cross) or more. So to say they didn’t have a big squad is a myth.

By my reckoning we have used 29 players this season with the only players not to play a game being Gale, Gill and Ellis. Of those 9/10 have played 10 games or less and we only have 1 ever present in Watts. To me that sums up why we don’t have consistency. We have missed too many pivotal players across the season and never had them all out on the field together, while we have had to chop or change to bring in players to cover them.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 Jul 2019, 23:30

great post hudds
jo brand is eddie warings love child

swede
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by swede » 12 Jul 2019, 00:59

HuddsTigers wrote:
tallguyx wrote:Why don’t we just once be the team that chases players like French. Instead we get linked to a who’s who of outcasts/rejects/projects. I know it’s down to budget but we have a huge squad and at least 6/7 of them never play!!

According to Wikipedia, Leeds won their 2011 Grand Final on a squad of 32 players (32 is missing), of which 27 played for them. Albeit Brad Singleton and a youngster (#32) played 1 game each.

Everyone else played 10 games (Ben Cross) or more. So to say they didn’t have a big squad is a myth.

By my reckoning we have used 29 players this season with the only players not to play a game being Gale, Gill and Ellis. Of those 9/10 have played 10 games or less and we only have 1 ever present in Watts. To me that sums up why we don’t have consistency. We have missed too many pivotal players across the season and never had them all out on the field together, while we have had to chop or change to bring in players to cover them.
In 2017 the size of our squad meant we could play 13 against 13 in training. We weren’t just running drills etc, we could play game time practice. Train hard play easy!
Cas Till I Die

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 27 Jul 2019, 12:17

Been released from the remainder of his contract with Parramatta to join Wigan with immediate effect
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 27 Jul 2019, 12:24

Zak is back at Cas next year Danny Richardson as signed as well.
Gale off to Leeds.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 27 Jul 2019, 12:28

Mucky1978 wrote:Zak is back at Cas next year Danny Richardson as signed as well.
Gale off to Leeds.
:Lol:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Jul 2019, 12:30

the machine wrote:Been released from the remainder of his contract with Parramatta to join Wigan with immediate effect
Strange signing for Wigan. He’s a very good player, but he’s on the outer at Parramatta because he’s insistent he wants to play full back. They have tried him on the wing, but his defensive positioning is awful on the edge.
Wigan have Hardaker at full back.
Marshall, Burgess, Manfredi and Davies on the wing.
Where is French going to play? Strange they’d spend a significant amount of the salary cap on another back, when their forwards are average at best.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 27 Jul 2019, 12:32

nottinghamtiger wrote:
the machine wrote:Been released from the remainder of his contract with Parramatta to join Wigan with immediate effect
Strange signing for Wigan. He’s a very good player, but he’s on the outer at Parramatta because he’s insistent he wants to play full back. They have tried him on the wing, but his defensive positioning is awful on the edge.
Where is French going to play? Strange they’d spend a significant amount of the salary cap on another back, when their forwards are average at best.
Move Zak to centre when sarginson goes,French at FB

Michael Jordan

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Jul 2019, 12:34

the machine wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Move Zak to centre when sarginson goes,French at FB
Whilst I don’t think Zak has been anywhere near his 2017 form, they’d be mad to move him from full-back even if only for his defensive qualities. He’s also very good at organising the defensive line in front of him. I think he’d be wasted at centre.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 27 Jul 2019, 12:37

Strengthens the defensive part of the backs whilst adding some speed too

Guess only lam will know what he wants

Michael Jordan

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 27 Jul 2019, 12:37

Zak is back at Cas next season I’m good pals with is cousin.

All been agreed last few days.

If anyone would think Zak would stay at Wigan and play centre ya mad.