Ben Barba sacked

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Ben Barba sacked

Post by the machine » 01 Feb 2019, 14:55

SREGITSAC wrote:The outrage on here when Zak got another chance at Wigan and now we’d have Barba.... comedy!
This^^^^
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 01 Feb 2019, 15:00

That's sorted then, you can beat up women, sniff coke until you don't know what day it's is, as long as we win a trophy. Do we have any morals down lane. Once bitten twice shy and all that.

Sign him up ](*,) , also last coke head we had helped get us to a grand final but probably cost us winning it due to his off field antics.
🐯 COYF!

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 01 Feb 2019, 15:31

Last coke head played a big part in us winning league n 1st trophy in a long while.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 01 Feb 2019, 15:38

jackknife wrote:Last coke head played a big part in us winning league n 1st trophy in a long while.
This.

Without Hardaker we don't win it.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 01 Feb 2019, 15:40

I just wish he'd got caught a week later
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 01 Feb 2019, 15:44

I'll put another way then. What makes you think Barba would settle for the lifestyle at Cas if he can't even behave himself in Oz where the sun is shining, cash is flowing and he's living the high life where he could of probably been one of the top fullbacks in the NRL?

He had his chance again in NRL where he clearly wanted to be or he'd of stayed at Saint's, he hasn't even managed to play one game over there and he's thrown it all out of window again. Don't get me wrong the guy can play rugby but he's obviously got some serious issues that need sorting out.

I for one hope we're not daft enough to even attempt to sign him! It will end in tears and we will be out of pocket again.

Hope they lock him up!

Man of steel, then goes around beating women up, how much of an insult is that to Steve Prescott's memory?
🐯 COYF!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Feb 2019, 15:51

His partner apparently wanted him to stay at saints where as far as I know he stayed out of trouble looks like soon as he's got back to oz he's gone back to his bad ways
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 01 Feb 2019, 15:57

Nobody wrote:I'll put another way then. What makes you think Barba would settle for the lifestyle at Cas if he can't even behave himself in Oz where the sun is shining, cash is flowing and he's living the high life where he could of probably been one of the top fullbacks in the NRL?

He had his chance again in NRL where he clearly wanted to be or he'd of stayed at Saint's, he hasn't even managed to play one game over there and he's thrown it all out of window again. Don't get me wrong the guy can play rugby but he's obviously got some serious issues that need sorting out.

I for one hope we're not daft enough to even attempt to sign him! It will end in tears and we will be out of pocket again.

Hope they lock him up!

Man of steel, then goes around beating women up, how much of an insult is that to Steve Prescott's memory?
I think that its the same reason Zak could never behave around pontefract. back with his old crew.

Didn't Barba hang around with the 'Epic bender crew' or something like that over there

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 01 Feb 2019, 16:37

Sharlotiger wrote:
BigBez10 wrote:
Tigerwood posse wrote:
Nobody wrote:Why would be want a wife bashing coke head?
Because hes a brilliant rugby league player and might win us a GF
Because the last time we signed a world class full back with off field issues worked out well didn't it!
Too true it did, we had our best season ever and Zak got us to a Grand Final. Would imagine if Barba was allowed back here his likely destination would be Wire with them losing Brown.
And then allowed us to be embarrassed in the grand final and branded as chokers... We've been burnt before, we should learn from it.

By the sounds of it he won't be playing rugby again in either hemisphere anyway

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 01 Feb 2019, 18:28

Not for me. Too much of a gamble.

Fearless' Headguard

Post by Fearless' Headguard » 02 Feb 2019, 00:03

Nobody wrote: What makes you think Barba would settle for the lifestyle at Cas if he can't even behave himself in Oz where the sun is shining
Cos its about 30 quid a gram in Airdale and everyone loves a bargin :dance:
The fearsome hollow boom of the older boys in the deep end, The green shoots of recovery shriveled up in harsh tomorrows, Left to pick dry sticks and mumble to myself, A melancholy emblem of parish cruelty.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 02 Feb 2019, 14:20

Fearless' Headguard wrote:
Nobody wrote: What makes you think Barba would settle for the lifestyle at Cas if he can't even behave himself in Oz where the sun is shining
I and you could smell it being smoked around the princess street stand all night last night the place reeked of it stewards just stood there

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 02 Feb 2019, 14:25

It looks like NRL will try and block a move back to super League, lost where I've seen it now though, maybe on twitter.
🐯 COYF!

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 02 Feb 2019, 14:30

Found it

https://twitter.com/garethwalker/status/1091599805028188160?s=19
🐯 COYF!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 02 Feb 2019, 15:10

yorkie1bn wrote:
I and you could smell it being smoked around the princess street stand all night last night the place reeked of it stewards just stood there
I'm no expert but as far as I know you snort Coke, if you smoke it isn't it Crack? If so I can't imagine there'll be that many crack heads watching Cas that you could "smell it being smoked around the Princess street stand"

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 02 Feb 2019, 15:37

JIN JER wrote:
yorkie1bn wrote:
I'm no expert but as far as I know you snort Coke, if you smoke it isn't it Crack? If so I can't imagine there'll be that many crack heads watching Cas that you could "smell it being smoked around the Princess street stand"
There's a misunderstanding so where here lol. Think the first poster was referring to cocaine being £30 a gram. The smell at the ground was obviously cannabis :D

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 03 Feb 2019, 23:13

Won't be allowed back into Superleague if found guilty by NRL, good riddance to be honest. Great player but had far too many chances.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 06 Feb 2019, 15:14

I am not sure the is a precedent for life ban, I think somewhere along the line he will play rugby again, that being said, it won't be in the NRL.
I am not sure we can hold the line on "never" there are people whom it alleges have done worse things over the time and found clubs.
Good piece on the BBC RL podcast about it, we do give a lot of chances and a few tries certainly appeases a lot of memories.

I have no axe to grind by the way, not advocating or otherwise, just a passing comment.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 07 Feb 2019, 13:41

mdean wrote:I am not sure the is a precedent for life ban, I think somewhere along the line he will play rugby again, that being said, it won't be in the NRL.
I am not sure we can hold the line on "never" there are people whom it alleges have done worse things over the time and found clubs.
Good piece on the BBC RL podcast about it, we do give a lot of chances and a few tries certainly appeases a lot of memories.

I have no axe to grind by the way, not advocating or otherwise, just a passing comment.
A sensible and well balanced post ................ give your head a shake :D