Talanoa

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Talanoa

Post by True-supporter » 20 Dec 2018, 22:59

Greg can beef up as much as he wants but we cannot make him taller. And under the high ball he will be a weak link. Teams are finding castleford very easy to read. We need extra troops to make teams second guess how we play,and we need them hungry, not running the career down.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 20 Dec 2018, 23:05

If teams are easily reading us that's because we have one plan, go to gale who goes left lol

A change in plan rather than personnel simply sorts that lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 20 Dec 2018, 23:35

You need players Who can make the changes on the field. Remember we was niled twice end of last season and we had most of our so called best team playing . If we don’t make changes I think we will slide further down the league. And we will become a team making up the numbers.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Dec 2018, 06:57

True-supporter wrote:You need players Who can make the changes on the field. Remember we was niled twice end of last season and we had most of our so called best team playing . If we don’t make changes I think we will slide further down the league. And we will become a team making up the numbers.
We were missing Minikin, Webster (sub), Moors, Cook, Trueman and Foster from the starting 13 as well as an half fit Luke Gale. Take the same type of players from the Wigan side, who were pretty much full strength, then you see a different ball game. That’s nowhere close to “most of our so called best team” and I’d you were a “True-supporter” :roll: you would know this.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 21 Dec 2018, 08:40

Not feeling it.
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Dec 2018, 08:42

I will welcome talanoa that's unless something falls through again on another signing but I hope from now on we have clearer thinking on players that are coming to the end and who we want to replace them
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 21 Dec 2018, 09:09

True-supporter wrote:Greg can beef up as much as he wants but we cannot make him taller. And under the high ball he will be a weak link. Teams are finding castleford very easy to read. We need extra troops to make teams second guess how we play,and we need them hungry, not running the career down.
Greg Minikin is the same height as Jake Webster!
cum on you Ford

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 21 Dec 2018, 09:15

Sharlotiger wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Nobody wrote:If he can stay injury free, think him and Minikin will do a good job and that right edge.

How is he defending? Never really took any notice if I'm honest.
Made 75 tackles last year, missed 23.

So not that cracking then.id still like to see seb here whos youngers than talanoa whos 32 33
Just hope this isn't true, would be another Monaghan signing, been good but now over the hill.
Talaona is 31 JUST 31st November. And I seem to remember the fuss made about the last "over the Hill" "Past it" "just here for a final pay day" Antipodean Cas signed from the City of Hull. His name? Jake Webster and that did not turn out to badly, did it?
cum on you Ford

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Dec 2018, 09:25

Aid wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Nobody wrote:If he can stay injury free, think him and Minikin will do a good job and that right edge.

How is he defending? Never really took any notice if I'm honest.
Made 75 tackles last year, missed 23.

So not that cracking then.id still like to see seb here whos youngers than talanoa whos 32 33
Just hope this isn't true, would be another Monaghan signing, been good but now over the hill.
Talaona is 31 JUST 31st November?
Which year was that then with 31st November :D :D

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Dec 2018, 09:26

Aid wrote:
True-supporter wrote:Greg can beef up as much as he wants but we cannot make him taller. And under the high ball he will be a weak link. Teams are finding castleford very easy to read. We need extra troops to make teams second guess how we play,and we need them hungry, not running the career down.
Not according to “wiki”, which has Greg 1” shorter than Jake

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 21 Dec 2018, 09:36

Fumper27 wrote:
Aid wrote:
According to Cas they are both 5. 9
cum on you Ford

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Dec 2018, 11:00

Aid wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Aid wrote:
Jake Webster was 5’9 at birth!!!!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 21 Dec 2018, 11:34

I think some people would moan if we signed latrell Mitchel.

We need an outside back hopefully we've got one in talanoa who is a proven to be a quality player in super league,age is just a number so long as he's playing well which from what hull supporters say he was one of a few that was at the end of the season.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 21 Dec 2018, 12:21

Aid wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Aid wrote:
Eden is also 5.9
cum on you Ford

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Dec 2018, 12:34

True-supporter wrote:We finished last season being niled twice. So or answer is to sign a 30+ player that hull thinks is over the top and some how we will get back the position we was two years ago. We need to compete when you look at Leeds,Wigan,st helens and even Wakefield have made so strong signings.
Do you watch any rugby ?

You will find that both Leeds and Wakey were coming from a far worse quality squad than ours in 2018 so of course they had to do something about it.

Although Leeds have signed 3 or 4 good ones, the majority of the squad is still avg SL standard at best.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 21 Dec 2018, 12:54

fords wrote:
True-supporter wrote:We finished last season being niled twice. So or answer is to sign a 30+ player that hull thinks is over the top and some how we will get back the position we was two years ago. We need to compete when you look at Leeds,Wigan,st helens and even Wakefield have made so strong signings.
Do you watch any rugby ?

You will find that both Leeds and Wakey were coming from a far worse quality squad than ours in 2018 so of course they had to do something about it.

Although Leeds have signed 3 or 4 good ones, the majority of the squad is still avg SL standard at best.
Quite ironic that Wakefield is on the list who's biggest signing is a 37 year old half back,I'm not sure they have signed anyone that would even get close to our starting 17.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Dec 2018, 12:57

True wakey supporter maybe ;)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 21 Dec 2018, 13:53

tigerfeat wrote:True wakey supporter maybe ;)
I don't think he knows who to support... Maybe tiddly winks is more his sport.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 21 Dec 2018, 16:50

tigerfeat wrote:True wakey supporter maybe ;)
He/she only joined the forum a few days ago :-k and straight in with the trolling posts #-o
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 22 Dec 2018, 08:19

Wakeys backline is decent. Not great. Their pack is ok too. However, they perform at a good standard as a team. They will be around the 5 to 8 mark this year.