Ikahihifo

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Ikahihifo

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Dec 2018, 12:26

ikahihifo was on near marquee player money how were we ever going to be able to sign him? he wouldnt go anywhere and take a significant drop in his wages
you wonder if these storys about us about to sign players are just put out there tho having said that a lot of people thought it was a done deal we had signed him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 20 Dec 2018, 14:05

Kenilworth Tiger wrote: he's on £185k at Hudds and they want him off the wage bill.
If that figure is anywhere near then no thanks. As good as I think he could be for us, thats marque player money and not worth it for us in my opinion.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 20 Dec 2018, 14:18

If as the rumour states he is going to Hull - do they need to release an overseas player for this to happen. If so can they afford to do so if the Hull FC overseas player is not already set for another team.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 20 Dec 2018, 14:32

St Albans tiger wrote:If as the rumour states he is going to Hull - do they need to release an overseas player for this to happen. If so can they afford to do so if the Hull FC overseas player is not already set for another team.
They will need to release one. Talanoa was the rumour

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 20 Dec 2018, 14:44

The actual figure I’d heard is 160 grand a year...for a bloke who doesn’t play a full game AND is not a match winner, let the cod heads have him n we’ll take Talanoa off their hands, I’m sure, he’d win us more games than Ikahihifo.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 20 Dec 2018, 14:58

Cant see Talanoa coming to us now, doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out that it will be part of the deal that takes Ikahihifo to Hull, obviously Huddersfield would love a decent back like Talanoa, you'd take him over Wardle any day of the week. we get stuck with miserable Wardle, who doesn't like our club or facilities, looks like Hull have got us back for taking Watts off their hands.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Dec 2018, 15:29

bane73 wrote:The actual figure I’d heard is 160 grand a ye...for a bloke who doesn’t play a full game AND is not a match winner, let the cod heads have him n we’ll take Talanoa off their hands, I’m sure, he’d win us more games than Ikahihifo.
that sounds about right. i heard his 3 year deal was worth £500,000 when he re signed
jo brand is eddie warings love child

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 20 Dec 2018, 16:27

Not too sure on Talanoa going to Huddersfield - they seem to be wanting some guy from Newcastle, a utility back - who has basically said its an extended deal at Newcastle or I am off to Huddersfield

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 20 Dec 2018, 17:14

St Albans tiger wrote:Not too sure on Talanoa going to Huddersfield - they seem to be wanting some guy from Newcastle, a utility back - who has basically said its an extended deal at Newcastle or I am off to Huddersfield

Nathan ross i belive.well thats whay ive heard anyway

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 20 Dec 2018, 19:43

We will never win anything if we do not attract top players. Look.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 20 Dec 2018, 21:08

True-supporter wrote:We will never win anything if we do not attract top players. Look.
This makes NO sense at all.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 30 Dec 2018, 22:04

I had words with my Nephew at a family gathering at Christmas, and asked if he had told me porkies about Seb and Joe Wardle, because I was getting slated about stating what he had told me. He said when he told me, everyone at the Giants thought it a done deal, but he hasn't a clue what is happening now regarding the alleged move. He's still not sure of who will be there for their first friendly on the 12th of January. Must apologise to you guys on here, for giving what turns out to be just a rumour.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 30 Dec 2018, 22:07

fast hands wrote:I had words with my Nephew at a family gathering at Christmas, and asked if he had told me porkies about Seb and Joe Wardle, because I was getting slated about stating what he had told me. He said when he told me, everyone at the Giants thought it a done deal, but he hasn't a clue what is happening now regarding the alleged move. He's still not sure of who will be there for their first friendly on the 12th of January. Must apologise to you guys on here, for giving what turns out to be just a rumour.
That's why it's a rumour section pal, dint worry bout it. It isn't your fault lol.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 31 Dec 2018, 10:10

Seems to have all done quiet on the Wardle and Ikahihifo deal or even the 3 way between Wardle, Ikahihifo and Talanoa

So who knows whats happening.

My guess is we sign nobody and promote some of the youngsters on show yesterday

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 31 Dec 2018, 20:39

Tottenham being part of the top 3 in the premiership this year without signing 1 players shows it can be done. Just need to hope we don't pick up injuries along the way. We have lost Webster and a couple more so injuries would hurt us bad.

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 01 Jan 2019, 00:33

Swagger wrote:Tottenham being part of the top 3 in the premiership this year without signing 1 players shows it can be done. Just need to hope we don't pick up injuries along the way. We have lost Webster and a couple more so injuries would hurt us bad.
As usual we look for any excuse that if we sign nobody we wll do ok. Last year we took nearly a season to sign a fullback this had a major impact on are season.we need to get players in place.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 01 Jan 2019, 00:54

True-supporter wrote:
Swagger wrote:Tottenham being part of the top 3 in the premiership this year without signing 1 players shows it can be done. Just need to hope we don't pick up injuries along the way. We have lost Webster and a couple more so injuries would hurt us bad.
As usual we look for any excuse that if we sign nobody we wll do ok. Last year we took nearly a season to sign a fullback this had a major impact on are season.we need to get players in place.
We took nearly a season to sign a full back yet walked it into top 4 :roll: without Luke Gale half of season. Shows we can perform without star players.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 01 Jan 2019, 10:57

True-supporter wrote:
So you want us to pay a bloke, ikahihifo, 160 grand a year, he, never plays a full game has low stamina and isn't a game changer. I know he's strong and has great hands and I'd love him in our side, but, no way would I expect the board to spend that kind of money on a player who only spends half the game on the field.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 01 Jan 2019, 11:24

So you want us to pay a bloke, ikahihifo, 160 grand a year, he, never plays a full game has low stamina and isn't a game changer. I know he's strong and has great hands and I'd love him in our side, but, no way would I expect the board to spend that kind of money on a player who only spends half the game on the field.
Agree with this. ^^
SI is probably worth about 70 to 80 K a year tops. What I cannot understand is why on earth have Hudds put him om a vastly inflated wage in the first place ?

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 01 Jan 2019, 12:34

The position we find ourselves in now is not comparable to this time last year. We have not lost a key element of our spine and we are coming off the back of a season where we largely performed inconsistently and below potential but managed to secure 3rd spot in the table. The amount of potential in the squad is phenomenal, considering the absentees from last year (from long term injuries) and the players that were hindered by joining late, niggly injuries and those that didn’t perform as well as we know they can.
You can probably count on one hand the number of times we were able to play the same squad consecutively without chopping and changing due to injuries and the same can be said for our first choice spine, it never got to gel fully.

All of this points to an improved 2019 season with or without any signings.