Junior moors.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
lurcher
Adrian Vowles

Re: Junior moors.

Post by lurcher » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:06 pm

seem to remember at a ctsc event it was said it was a very unusual fracture that had almost peeled a a slice of bone off. for 8 weeks he wasn't allowed to sit but could only lie flat on his back or stand on his good leg for a few minutes, wasn't allowed to sit on it.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
Luke Gale

Post by Mysterio » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:06 pm

lurcher wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:06 pm
seem to remember at a ctsc event it was said it was a very unusual fracture that had almost peeled a a slice of bone off. for 8 weeks he wasn't allowed to sit but could only lie flat on his back or stand on his good leg for a few minutes, wasn't allowed to sit on it.
Sounds like there’s only one bloke certain he’s worth the risks.

If I were him, take a fair pay off and our best, we could even offer first trial option or something too
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Post by HuddsTigers » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:00 pm

lurcher wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:06 pm
This was said in a news article somewhere by DP. He couldn't get out of bed for a period of time it was that bad.

Information here: https://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpr ... ies-850653
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Mysterio
Luke Gale

Post by Mysterio » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:00 pm

With McMeeken alledgedly tearing a calf muscle and Watts hamstring, I see no reason whatsoever that we can’t pay moors up fairly and recruit a like for like.

Or, based on this being a serious career ending injury it will almost certainly be covered by an insurance policy. We should seek dispensation, surely, to enable cover for the big man.

There’s lots of options. It would be nice for an update, not necessarily including the more personal and sensitive information but one to give us hope
Audacter Et Sincere

lurcher
Adrian Vowles

Post by lurcher » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:41 pm

moors was on the team pic, make of that what you will.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Frankas
Michael Eagar

Post by Frankas » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:45 pm

Moors has been a great player for Cas, and he got injured doing his job, Why should he take a pay off when he has a contract, we wouldn't attract many decent players if they thought Cas would get rid duo to them getting injured

dude
Danny Orr

Post by dude » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:02 pm

Frankas wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:45 pm
Moors has been a great player for Cas, and he got injured doing his job, Why should he take a pay off when he has a contract, we wouldn't attract many decent players if they thought Cas would get rid duo to them getting injured
I don't think hes been great, I personally think hes the laziest player I've seen at cas for a while. For his size and attributes hes not half the player of similar players. Murdoch misella and fafita. Hes too busy chewing gum to do much else when he plays. Think hes well within his rights though to just stay and collect his wage even if he is out for season

Frankas
Michael Eagar

Post by Frankas » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:34 pm

He's been class for us, dude, that's my opinion,

Mysterio
Luke Gale

Post by Mysterio » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:31 pm

when i say take a pay off i mean a lump sum to match what he would earn taking a monthly salary until the end of the season. maybe with a thankyou bonus too.
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Post by HuddsTigers » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:51 pm

There'd be no point in doing that.

It would still count on the cap and you've basically just said to pay him more than his current contract?

The only way a pay off would be remotely useful is by mutual termination where the club and player agreed a lesser amount.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lidds
Junior Moors

Post by lidds » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:54 pm

Mysterio wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:31 pm
when i say take a pay off i mean a lump sum to match what he would earn taking a monthly salary until the end of the season. maybe with a thankyou bonus too.

We would end up taking a bigger hit on the cap doing that, be better to just let him sit on the sidelines

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz

Post by tigerfeat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:02 pm

Was Benny Roberts then still on our salary cap when he left early last year ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Luke Gale

Post by jackknife » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:42 pm

tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:02 pm
Was Benny Roberts then still on our salary cap when he left early last year ?
Roberts agreed a mutual deal with the club to leave early and accept a payout which would of been less than what was left to pay on his contract.

CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Mysterio
Luke Gale

Post by Mysterio » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:02 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:51 pm

It would still count on the cap and you've basically just said to pay him more than his current contract?

The only way a pay off would be remotely useful is by mutual termination where the club and player agreed a lesser amount.
It wouldn’t count on the cap, because we’d gain dispensation.

Paying him&his family his flight home would be a nice enticement I suspect on top of what he’s due contractually,

1. We free a spot
2. We have juniors salary free to spend on the Cap.
Audacter Et Sincere

lidds
Junior Moors

Post by lidds » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:14 pm

Mysterio wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:02 pm
HuddsTigers wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:51 pm

It wouldn’t count on the cap, because we’d gain dispensation.

Paying him&his family his flight home would be a nice enticement I suspect on top of what he’s due contractually,

1. We free a spot
2. We have juniors salary free to spend on the Cap.
It would count on the cap. We are going to have a hard time convincing the RFL to give us dispensation when junior is back in trading for the new season and is on all the team photos. You can't just get dispensation because you don't want a player any more!.