No Carney

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 31 Aug 2008, 20:03

For a start, do you know what their revenue make up is in relation to ours? Unless you do and know the income of each club then you don't know how things compare.

Even ignoring that though you're assuming Huddersfield can afford to pay Carney say £100k a year and we can not. This simply isn't true, we can and do pay players that kind of money however clearly aren't interested in Carney otherwise would have made a move. Sure if we can only spend say 70% of the cap then it limits how many players we can have and still have £100k free BUT to say we can't match Huddersfield's ability to pay that kind of money simply isn't true.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 31 Aug 2008, 21:44

Steadman_4_PM wrote:For a start, do you know what their revenue make up is in relation to ours? Unless you do and know the income of each club then you don't know how things compare.

Even ignoring that though you're assuming Huddersfield can afford to pay Carney say £100k a year and we can not. This simply isn't true, we can and do pay players that kind of money however clearly aren't interested in Carney otherwise would have made a move. Sure if we can only spend say 70% of the cap then it limits how many players we can have and still have £100k free BUT to say we can't match Huddersfield's ability to pay that kind of money simply isn't true.
one question if that is the case and we could match huddersfields offer to carney (this doe's not mean i want us to go for carney) why are we reported to be looking at 3 NL1 players ?why are we not looking for better players

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 31 Aug 2008, 21:50

cutsyke tiger wrote:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:For a start, do you know what their revenue make up is in relation to ours? Unless you do and know the income of each club then you don't know how things compare.

one question if that is the case and we could match huddersfields offer to carney (this doe's not mean i want us to go for carney) why are we reported to be looking at 3 NL1 players ?why are we not looking for better players
Maybe because better players wont come, arnt available, quota places are filled where for example a player may come but cant as no places for them etc.

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 31 Aug 2008, 21:55

On a slightly different note, we should take a leave out of Saint Helens book . They have managed there funds extremly well over the years, without the backing of big money men .

They have the right people on board who know what they are talking about . As ST posted on another thread we need change when and if we move, but will they shift ! may need a little push .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 31 Aug 2008, 21:57

cutsyke tiger wrote:

We arent spending the full cap and there isnt enough cash left in our budget mate -- Hence why were looking at bringing NL1 players in
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 31 Aug 2008, 22:02

Wicksy wrote:On a slightly different note, we should take a leave out of Saint Helens book . They have managed there funds extremly well over the years, without the backing of big money men .

They have the right people on board who know what they are talking about . As ST posted on another thread we need change when and if we move, but will they shift ! may need a little push .
I can't see Cas handling their funds well any time soon. Especially with the way they are splashing out on these extreme contracts for players.

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 31 Aug 2008, 22:05

Wicksy wrote:On a slightly different note, we should take a leave out of Saint Helens book . They have managed there funds extremly well over the years, without the backing of big money men .

I thik if you check into they have a lot backing from a certain big money person, but they have just not shouted it from the roof tops
Last edited by Di on 31 Aug 2008, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 31 Aug 2008, 22:11

cutsyke tiger wrote:

To ask that questions suggests you didn't read my post properly. ;)

We have players on that or around that amount of money and as we can not spend the full cap, this means a reduced amount of money available for other squad places. In terms of the 3 NL1 players, 1 is at least a youngster and so could make a career in SL, the others well its hopefully to have a slightly better quality than academy players who are as of yet, not ready.

So we can only sign so many better players as you put it, but then that's quite different to you using Huddersfield's gates as a slight on our ability to go in for one specific player.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 31 Aug 2008, 22:12

Di wrote:

I thik oif you check into they have a lot back from a certain big money person, but they have just not shouted it from the roof tops
You ok DI ?

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 31 Aug 2008, 22:57

Wicksy wrote:
Di wrote:

I thik oif you check into they have a lot back from a certain big money person, but they have just not shouted it from the roof tops
You ok DI ?
yeah why?

I was just suprised more people, don't know about the money that have been put in thw Saints, didn't mean it to sound off, sorry if it did, I blame Adam ;) ;) ;) ;)
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 31 Aug 2008, 23:01

Di wrote:
Wicksy wrote:
Di wrote:

You ok DI ?
yeah why?

I was just suprised more people, don't know about the money that have been put in thw Saints, didn't mean it to sound off, sorry if it did, I blame Adam ;) ;) ;) ;)
:lol: :lol: Am wi it nw .

Slash
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: No Carney

Post by Slash » 01 Sep 2008, 10:07

dettoriman wrote:
cutsyke tiger wrote:Looks as if carney is signing for huddersfield makes you wonder where we are going wrong when a team who has one of the lowest attendences in S/L can sign the players they are doing
We have Sherwin, Mcgoldrick, Chase, Faumina - All who can play 6 next year -- And you want us to shell out another 100k on someone else to play the same position

We have our fair share of trouble makers in our squad and i dont think were "going wrong" by not signing him
We do have a few people who can play at 6, but Carney is better than all of them put together. If we had/have the opportunity to sign him we would be daft not to take it.

We seem to like handing out big contracts for average/past it players, why not stump up for a real quality player?

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 01 Sep 2008, 10:17

Slash wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
cutsyke tiger wrote:Looks as if carney is signing for huddersfield makes you wonder where we are going wrong when a team who has one of the lowest attendences in S/L can sign the players they are doing
We have Sherwin, Mcgoldrick, Chase, Faumina - All who can play 6 next year -- And you want us to shell out another 100k on someone else to play the same position

We have our fair share of trouble makers in our squad and i dont think were "going wrong" by not signing him
We do have a few people who can play at 6, but Carney is better than all of them put together. If we had/have the opportunity to sign him we would be daft not to take it.

We seem to like handing out big contracts for average/past it players, why not stump up for a real quality player?
Because there you have it mate -- Were handing out silly contracts to others -- And there is just not enough cash left in this years budget - Simple as
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Slash
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Slash » 01 Sep 2008, 10:21

dettoriman wrote:
cutsyke tiger wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

As usual your diving in feet first where doe's it say i want the club to sign him and shell out £100,000 TRY READING THE POST the point being made is how can huddersfield make the signings on the strength of their gates which is inferior to ours.and i do not need you to tell me what players we have at the club and positions they play
I arent diving in feet first -- You ask why a club with attendences that are low can sign an NRL reject trouble maker, Easy - They throw some cash at him
He is hardly a reject, it's just the NRL actually have a backbone with their disciplinary system. He would get a contract at almost any NRL club if it wasn't for the fact that the NRL wouldn't register him.

Do you honestly think we shouldn't have signed him if we could?

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 01 Sep 2008, 10:34

Slash wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
cutsyke tiger wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

As usual your diving in feet first where doe's it say i want the club to sign him and shell out £100,000 TRY READING THE POST the point being made is how can huddersfield make the signings on the strength of their gates which is inferior to ours.and i do not need you to tell me what players we have at the club and positions they play
I arent diving in feet first -- You ask why a club with attendences that are low can sign an NRL reject trouble maker, Easy - They throw some cash at him
He is hardly a reject, it's just the NRL actually have a backbone with their disciplinary system. He would get a contract at almost any NRL club if it wasn't for the fact that the NRL wouldn't register him.

Do you honestly think we shouldn't have signed him if we could?
Mate if it was up to me we would have -- But that would only be if we had some smart people on our board that had set sensible contracts for our players meaning we had some cash left
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 04 Sep 2008, 18:00

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 04 Sep 2008, 18:18

Very strange, I still think he'll be back in the NRL after next year. He's much too good for the Giants

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 04 Sep 2008, 18:18

Also, we could have Robinson back if they don't need him!!!

ten
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by ten » 04 Sep 2008, 19:00

mart0042 wrote:Also, we could have Robinson back if they don't need him!!!
Just like we could have had Cockayne as KR have Briscoe.

Townville Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Townville Tiger » 04 Sep 2008, 19:12

The huddersfield fans on RL Fans are sying he as a get out clause after a year - whats betting he takes it!