McMeekan

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Post Reply
Mysterio
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4330
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 pm
Contact:

Re: McMeekan

Post by Mysterio » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:01 pm

Blair would need to work on an offload
Audacter Et Sincere

Fumper27
St John Ellis
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 am

Re: McMeekan

Post by Fumper27 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:03 pm

Mysterio wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:01 pm
Blair would need to work on an offload
Doesn’t need one when he simply tramples over defenders and scores like he did last week 😂 😂

Jazzman
Danny Orr
Posts: 1474
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:44 pm
Location: Beautiful Haute Vienne

Re: McMeekan

Post by Jazzman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:43 pm

I think he is the right age and stature for a second row. Probably not going to be fast enough for an out and out centre but big enough and strong to punch holes in the line and get the backs moving.

Nu Shooze
Dean Widders
Posts: 487
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by Nu Shooze » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 pm

old cas lass wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:25 pm
fords wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:54 pm
old cas lass wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:09 am
Fumper27 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:57 am
old cas lass wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:23 am

He’s had one good year.
With maybe a dozen good games dotted here and there.
So are we bothered if he moves on if he’s so inconsistent?
Personally I’m not bothered.
Like you say he’s far to inconsistent.

I’ve accepted we are a feeder club.
Top clubs with plenty of ££££££’s will always be sniffing.
We bring players into the club as nobodies, Powell makes them somebody then the rich clubs say thanks daryl, we’ll have him.
Sadly it will always be like that.
The ones we keep are usually our own cas lads, for example.
Holmes
Milner
Clare
Shenton
So there you go, don’t be to surprised in the next 2/3yrs trueman and Richardson will be off, with bigger contracts from the Richer clubs.
Watch this space.

They can be as rich as you want makes no diff really. Can only spend the same cap as everybody else
Makes you wonder with some clubs.
Catalans.....falou will be on Very good money.
Maloney....Very good money
S Tomkins.....good money.
McIlorum.....good money.

Warrington.
Hull fc have brought in some bloody good players who won’t be cheap.

Just seems some clubs bring in big names players who won’t come cheap.
Easy for any club to stay under the cap, no matter who they sign....................until the day they upset their accountant, that is!

heritage1926
Danny Orr
Posts: 1830
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by heritage1926 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:20 am

2 Rugby Union and an NRL side interested in him for next season.

MrRugby123
Dean Widders
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by MrRugby123 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:39 am

I think Mike will leave unfortunately he’s been a good player but not played his best rugby for a couple of years.

nottinghamtiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4186
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by nottinghamtiger » Fri May 29, 2020 10:29 am

Nu Shooze wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 pm
old cas lass wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:25 pm
fords wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:54 pm
old cas lass wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:09 am
Fumper27 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:57 am

So are we bothered if he moves on if he’s so inconsistent?
Personally I’m not bothered.
Like you say he’s far to inconsistent.

I’ve accepted we are a feeder club.
Top clubs with plenty of ££££££’s will always be sniffing.
We bring players into the club as nobodies, Powell makes them somebody then the rich clubs say thanks daryl, we’ll have him.
Sadly it will always be like that.
The ones we keep are usually our own cas lads, for example.
Holmes
Milner
Clare
Shenton
So there you go, don’t be to surprised in the next 2/3yrs trueman and Richardson will be off, with bigger contracts from the Richer clubs.
Watch this space.

They can be as rich as you want makes no diff really. Can only spend the same cap as everybody else
Makes you wonder with some clubs.
Catalans.....falou will be on Very good money.
Maloney....Very good money
S Tomkins.....good money.
McIlorum.....good money.

Warrington.
Hull fc have brought in some bloody good players who won’t be cheap.

Just seems some clubs bring in big names players who won’t come cheap.
Easy for any club to stay under the cap, no matter who they sign....................until the day they upset their accountant, that is!
Or, as in Salford’s case, the players themselves.
Any player who know ps the club have breached the salary cap to sign them (ie making payments to spouses/relatives or receiving payments from ‘sponsors’) can then hold the club to ransom and demand more money, as they did at Salford. Once you don’t renew their contract or offer them less money, once they move on they will be straight to the RFL to give them details.

nottinghamtiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4186
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by nottinghamtiger » Fri May 29, 2020 10:31 am

heritage1926 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:20 am
2 Rugby Union and an NRL side interested in him for next season.
I can’t see him making it in the NRL. He’s nowhere near consistent enough.
He’s nowhere near as good as he was in 2017 when he signed his last deal. Players (quite rightly) expect a pay rise when they improve, but we simply can’t justify giving one to a player who has declined.
I think he’ll be lucky to find a club willing to improve on his current deal. Good luck to him if he does, but it shouldn’t be Cas.

User avatar
bane73
Junior Moors
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:42 am

Re: McMeekan

Post by bane73 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:47 pm

Give him an insentive based contract, he's been garbage for too long, had it easy so he took it easy.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

User avatar
cvtiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:47 pm
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.
Contact:

Re: McMeekan

Post by cvtiger » Fri May 29, 2020 10:25 pm

Weak player of late, Magic Mike has lost his sparkle and I’d let him go. Shows not hunger and heart for me....

There’s another out there and DP will find him.
Image
'Bring on Dennis, Boxing Day 2018 and his words of wisdom'

User avatar
the machine
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9747
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 pm
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: McMeekan

Post by the machine » Fri May 29, 2020 10:45 pm

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:31 am
heritage1926 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:20 am
2 Rugby Union and an NRL side interested in him for next season.
I can’t see him making it in the NRL. He’s nowhere near consistent enough.
He’s nowhere near as good as he was in 2017 when he signed his last deal. Players (quite rightly) expect a pay rise when they improve, but we simply can’t justify giving one to a player who has declined.
I think he’ll be lucky to find a club willing to improve on his current deal. Good luck to him if he does, but it shouldn’t be Cas.

Most players that go over there seem to adapt a different attitude,thinks thats all it would be with mike if he were to go

Hes certainly got the skillset to succeed
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

nottinghamtiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4186
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by nottinghamtiger » Fri May 29, 2020 10:56 pm

the machine wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:45 pm
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:31 am
heritage1926 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:20 am
2 Rugby Union and an NRL side interested in him for next season.
I can’t see him making it in the NRL. He’s nowhere near consistent enough.
He’s nowhere near as good as he was in 2017 when he signed his last deal. Players (quite rightly) expect a pay rise when they improve, but we simply can’t justify giving one to a player who has declined.
I think he’ll be lucky to find a club willing to improve on his current deal. Good luck to him if he does, but it shouldn’t be Cas.

Most players that go over there seem to adapt a different attitude,thinks thats all it would be with mike if he were to go

Hes certainly got the skillset to succeed
I’m not convinced. I’ve not seen much of that “skillset” since 2017. Doesn’t make many metres (considering he usually plays the full 80, he doesn’t even take many carries), doesn’t make many tackles and doesn’t have much of a passing/offloading game.
I see him as a good SL player, but nothing more. He’s easily replaceable and his form over the last two years doesn’t suggest he would make it in the NRL.

Piquad1
Junior Moors
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 11:07 am

Re: McMeekan

Post by Piquad1 » Sat May 30, 2020 5:38 am

As I have stated several times if a player wants to leave the club leave. Simples.

User avatar
scottiger
Junior Moors
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: castleford

Re: McMeekan

Post by scottiger » Sat May 30, 2020 9:51 am

Piquad1 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:38 am
As I have stated several times if a player wants to leave the club leave. Simples.
It's not always a case of they want to leave . You'd be stupid not to see what other offers are out there . It's a job at the end of the day £££ matter .
Image
TM Out

stevieblunder
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Re: McMeekan

Post by stevieblunder » Sat May 30, 2020 1:25 pm

McMeeken has a value, as do all players.

He'll go to the highest bidder.

Few players have a club loyalty.
Times have changed from when players were 'One club men'.

Powell knows what time of day it is.
He's not irreplaceable and probably has little club loyalty.
Some players will play for Cas for less.
I suspect he's not one of them.
I remember Peter Small

Post Reply