Next Seasons Starting Line Up ?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Next Seasons Starting Line Up ?

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Sep 2021, 08:49

I'd be offering Matagi a new deal he's got better as the seasons gone on
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Sep 2021, 08:56

tigerfeat wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 08:49 I'd be offering Matagi a new deal he's got better as the seasons gone on
Looked like he was saying his final goodbye yesterday. A lot of players going up and hugging him as though it was his last game. Who knows. If so, then he's done a proper shift in Cas colours this year.

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 17 Sep 2021, 09:00

The quality and quantity of players in NRL is that there must be half backs who cannot get a first team gig but are sufficiently good enough for SL.
Dont forget we got Whispering Tony K who at the time was not in Newcastle Knights first team.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Sep 2021, 09:58

So how long will the club wait until they make some announcement of incoming players.
I think we need some positive news after a disappointing season.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Sep 2021, 10:06

I would imagine we will announce players who have no further match commitments soon and then the Leeds and KR ones next week when they have finished.

By the way, Mamo was outstanding last night, pace to burn and right on the money in attack. Him and faraimo on the right will be awesome. Pace and strength.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Sep 2021, 10:27

Mamo as been outstanding all season what I've seen of him ...he would be in my dream team
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Sep 2021, 10:29

tigerfeat wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 10:27 Mamo as been outstanding all season what I've seen of him ...he would be in my dream team
Certainly between him and peanut for right centre.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 17 Sep 2021, 10:31

We appear to be short of centres and second-rowers and a big heavy go forward prop, and far to many wingers.

Shenton & Matatiua leaving and only Mamo coming in. Holmes, Moors, JSL, Foster and McMeekan all left this year and only Westerman coming in.

I suppose we could play one of the surplus wingers in the centre, maybe Turner or Eden.

Hopefully some more signings before next season starts.

Evalds, Fariamo, Turner, Mamo, Feki. O`Brien, Trueman, Watts, Mcshane, Massey, ??, ??, Westerman. Bench -- Milner, Blair, Matagi, Smith.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 17 Sep 2021, 12:20

Fumper27 wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 08:32 Hopefully Radders can find the type of units he regularly signed for Hull.
I have no doubt that he can find them - the big question is can we afford them / will the club be prepared to pay for them?

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 17 Sep 2021, 12:29

I understand that Adam Pearson funded a lot of the 'quality' signings made by Radford...definitely need another 'Junior Moors' or two.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 17 Sep 2021, 12:35

stuey wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 10:31 We appear to be short of centres and second-rowers and a big heavy go forward prop, and far to many wingers.

Shenton & Matatiua leaving and only Mamo coming in. Holmes, Moors, JSL, Foster and McMeekan all left this year and only Westerman coming in.

I suppose we could play one of the surplus wingers in the centre, maybe Turner or Eden.

Evalds, Fariamo, Turner, Mamo, Feki. O`Brien, Trueman, Watts, Mcshane, Massey, ??, ??, Westerman. Bench -- Milner, Blair, Matagi, Smith.
Lawler, Sutcliffe and Edwards all supposedly signed, and fill the back row. Also Radford already said himself that his main focus is for a big prop to add to his pack. That and retaining Matagi, I think we'll go well next year. All comes down to injuries and whether our halves can finally deliver what we expected or it was all just "potential".

Edit- There's also rumours that we're in for Hardaker and that Gale's on the out from Leeds and Cas are interested, anyone know if there's any truth in this? Those 2 back at Cas would be unreal imo

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 17 Sep 2021, 13:28

stuey wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 10:31 We appear to be short of centres and second-rowers and a big heavy go forward prop, and far to many wingers.

I would already class Turner as a centre rather than a ‘surplus winger’

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Sep 2021, 13:40

Why don't people wait until the rest of the signings are announced before judging. A few of them are still involved in the play offs and their seasons aren't over.

DebH
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by DebH » 17 Sep 2021, 13:43

Gale is very injury prone and his prima Donna antics at Leeds didn’t do him any favors / lost him captaincy. Not sure he’s a good fit for Cas now and we should be looking forward not back. Hardaker still has another year on contract at Wigan and slammed rumors ….

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Sep 2021, 14:42

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 13:28

I would already class Turner as a centre rather than a ‘surplus winger’
Also, Moors and Mcmeekan left last year

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 17 Sep 2021, 16:03

DebH wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 13:43 Gale is very injury prone and his prima Donna antics at Leeds didn’t do him any favors / lost him captaincy. Not sure he’s a good fit for Cas now and we should be looking forward not back. Hardaker still has another year on contract at Wigan and slammed rumors ….
Wouldn't be paying fees for either but if we could get them for nothing would you not take the chance? They were the 2 main players in our success in 2017 and they'd definitely improve the squad

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 17 Sep 2021, 16:35

Unless we have an emerging half back in the under 19's we might need to bite the bullet. Truemans return will go some way to sorting our problems if he's 100% but I don't think we have another decent halfback at the club, O'brien is solid without being inspirational while Richardson offers little in attack and defensively is a liability. His part in Wires first try would have an under 11's coach shaking his head in disbelief.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Sep 2021, 18:00

Hepworth7 wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 16:35 His part in Wires first try would have an under 11's coach shaking his head in disbelief.
Which part was that? The initial break was made down the opposite side of the field to where DR was defending.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 17 Sep 2021, 19:01

Fumper27 wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 18:00
Hepworth7 wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 16:35 His part in Wires first try would have an under 11's coach shaking his head in disbelief.
Which part was that? The initial break was made down the opposite side of the field to where DR was defending.
Wire play the ball on halfway,Ratchford moves the ball to the right, Mamo gets possession faced by DR.......

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Sep 2021, 19:30

Hepworth7 wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 19:01
Fumper27 wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 18:00
Wire play the ball on halfway,Ratchford moves the ball to the right, Mamo gets possession faced by DR.......
The break for Warrington’s first try was down our right, Warrington’s left by Ben Currie. GOB was defending our right edge. Lots of things happened after Mamo handed off DR.

What about the middle unit who left Widdop or Williams dance across the pitch?
What about Mcshane and JSL’s missed tackle?
What about allowing offloads?

A lot of players got things wrong in the build up for that try. However, I guess DR is such an easy target compared to the others named.