Losing interest........

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Router1977
Academy Player
Academy Player

Losing interest........

Post by Router1977 » 02 Aug 2021, 22:45

Well, this was the first game night I have not been motivated to even check the team news before KO in 9 years and not interested in the result.....no wonder season ticket holders started leaving the ground early. Yes we have injuries and yes we still have a Covid pandemic but having no first team players to formulate a squad after 15 days since the cup final is baffling to say the least. It just goes to show that either the Wembley squad was never fully fit or we sustained a injury to 90% of the players that 15 days is not enough recovery time..... Yes, Trueman has got a back problem but it didnt stop him scoring a try.
The club need to quickly take stock. A successful club needs a firm and regular fan base. Without this we have no club. We need fresh ideas and quick. This season is now a right off. We need to think to 2022 and beyond. For me it's a no brainer but to give Radders a few games so he gets a head start even if it costs the club money in putting Powell on gardening leave. Fans will start to boycott the games which will greatly reduce revenue which will not help us going forward. If the fans had a spark of something new then they would come back quicker than when they left. It's a no brainer to me because if we carry on as we are then by the end of August we will have very low attendances.
Big clubs with big chairman that are ruthless for the clubs cause. Cas need to take note if they have the same ambition going forward.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Losing interest........

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 02 Aug 2021, 23:15

Thought Powell said pre match that we only had one injured player and that all the other absentees were as a result of mandatory Covid Protocols
That being the case the only other option might have been to claim yet again that the match should be postponed with the loss of income that would go with that.

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 02 Aug 2021, 23:50

Just nothing. No excitement at all. Struggling to get up for anything. Not watching any of the games on TV. Forgot we even played Leeds on Friday and may have to miss it.
Honestly the lowest ebb in terms of my engagement with the sport in over 35 years.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 03 Aug 2021, 07:48

Agree, I'm done with this season until things get sorted out.
🐯 COYF!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 03 Aug 2021, 07:59

Does anyone genuinely think we can still make the play offs, never mind win it?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Aug 2021, 08:19

Three years of constant injurys and then Covid just sucked the life out of us
Who would have thought two years ago the big hope would be next year having Radford come in to replace Powelly but a lot of people I talked to last night are pinning there hopes on that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 03 Aug 2021, 09:19

heritage1926 wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 07:59 Does anyone genuinely think we can still make the play offs, never mind win it?
I think Friday will give us a much better idea.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 03 Aug 2021, 09:21

I have been following Cas since 1963 and believe me I have seen some rubbish served up and some exceptional displays too. However I have never felt as low as I do now and I get the impression Powell is just seeing the season out ready for his move over the Pennines. Last night he never even acknowledged the fans before kick off just went straight to his seat in the stand minutes before kick off, not a good way to say thank you turning up to watch another defeat.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Aug 2021, 09:21

heritage1926 wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 07:59 Does anyone genuinely think we can still make the play offs, never mind win it?
Not a chance.
Leeds and saints next two.
Don’t wanna sound pessimistic but
Can’t see us getting owt from
Them two games.

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 03 Aug 2021, 10:15

old cas lass wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 09:21
Not a chance.
Them two games.
Stranger things have happened OCL. We were still in the game last night with 10 to go. Unfortunately as usual our attack was not good enough to get us over the line

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 03 Aug 2021, 10:21

People were as pessimistic as this even further down the track in 2019 talking about relegation and we were one game off Old Trafford at the end of the season

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Aug 2021, 10:24

CasAttack wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 10:15
old cas lass wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 09:21
Not a chance.
Them two games.
Stranger things have happened OCL. We were still in the game last night with 10 to go. Unfortunately as usual our attack was not good enough to get us over the line
Yes miracles have happened before.
My main worry is 11/12 players haven’t played for 3 weeks, it showed at Wembley how they faltered last 20/25 mins.
Players going down like nines.
Lack of game time will come into play again.
Leeds May have lost last week, I thought they were the better team with lots of pace.
Leeds at headingley infront of the south stand, it will be tough if not near impossible.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 03 Aug 2021, 10:31

We need to stay above the bottom 2, just in case they move to a 10 team League. Apart from that I just want effort, players putting themselves on the line for the badge.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 03 Aug 2021, 13:46

Just watched back the highlights. Clearly a couple are playing through injury, but there are also a fair few seasoned pro's who look like they've lost interest too. Radford has a job on next season already, at getting us back up for it. These last 2 seasons seem to have sucked all the life and morale out of the players and fans.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 03 Aug 2021, 14:37

Cas should be freshest team in superleague,if we can get a near full strength squad together we could sneak in but it would be some effort

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 03 Aug 2021, 14:52

If Shennys out long term, Then Jimmy Klienhorst just might be in the right place at the right time for this season. I bet thats lifted your spirits.

DPisgod

Post by DPisgod » 03 Aug 2021, 15:22

I do not often post, so here is my take on things;
I only go back as far as the mid seventies watching Cas.
I went down with my mate and his dad for something to do and believe me Cas were not very good, but i enjoyed it and the rest is history.
Lets firstly go back to the outbreak of Covid - we were top of the league and lets face it hammered St Helens.
The pandemic has badly damaged Castleford RLFC like it has most sporting clubs, but we have not helped ourselves.
I went down first game back against Hull KR stood at the Railway End and witnessed the body language of half our team who could not even be motivated to play.
The coach had announced his departure, so the lack of motivation that he generated throughout the team was clear for all to see.
Should he have gone when it was first known? of course he should, his long term interests lie elsewhere not with Cas.
I was offered the e tickets for Leeds and Paris but turned them down, and then the silly season really started.
Wembley was a good distraction, but that was all it was a distraction from where the club and the game is.
The next reason why i have lost all interest is the game itself.
What a shambles - i do not know what i am watching any more.
The next reason i have lost interest is obvious, and that is the refereeing of these insane rules. Can you imagine the South African Director of Rugby doing a video performance after watching Child, Hicks, Grant and Thaler - he could fill a day never mind an hour.
I will not be returning until the first game of next season when i will wipe the slate clean and give the new coach and the club another chance. I do not look for the scores and look at any tables anymore, which for someone who has followed the game and Castleford for 46 years is worrying not just for Cas but for the sport.
I will finally say this to the people in charge of Rugby League - you have 12 to 18 months to turn this around or it will be back to the attendances of the seventies when it was only the die hards who went, and what then for the future of the game.
p.s i will be changing my log in name as he no longer God as Warrington will find out.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Aug 2021, 16:16

over the years rules have changed year on year as the game improved i do not think so when we had the likes of Denis Hartley Chuck and Heppy i enjoyed the game more, moan over will i be getting a season ticket of coarse i will Cas tigers have been a big part of my life

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 03 Aug 2021, 16:37

There is generally plenty of lost interest in RL at the moment as the teams can't get any traction due to Covid, postponed/abandoned games, fielding weaker teams due to covid etc ! To make matters worse on lack of interest for Cas, is the DP leaving at the end of year situation !!

The season of last year and also especially this season does not truly reflect a fair reflection of which teams are good and which aren't when key players are missing due to covid and what other reasons there are floating around at the moment. This is another reason why there is a lack of interest generally and won't return until there is a stable health environment.

Cas look as though they are seeing out the season with no incentive to try and win anything by the looks of it and that smacks season ticket holders right in their faces and will have repercussions for next season's "season ticket" take up.

I fear the worst for Cas with an aging ground, primitive training facilities, no investment money around and cash strapped fans looking to make ends meet and with Sky money cuts ...... It's really not looking good !!

It's looking that we may now have a monumental struggle on our hands to stay afloat in SL as if it comes to no money left to pay players wages for example, the writing will definitely be on the wall !!

Does anybody know of any Fairy God-Mothers around !!

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 03 Aug 2021, 22:44

Just desperately need to get this season over and the new faces in.
Hopefully some semblance of an available playing squad for the remainder of the season. Beat Leeds and Wakey and end with something to cheer about. With a few wins and some bigger games than bloody Fart Town down the lane will hopefully see decent crowds and some atmosphere.
Say our goodbyes to Powell and get Radford and a fresh staff/players for a new look Cas Tigers in 2022. And two fingers to Covid.
That's what's needed for me.
The 3 Rs - refs, rule changes and RFL clowns - will always grind my gears.
But I want to get back to being in love with being a Cas fan.