Losing interest........

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Losing interest........

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 03 Aug 2021, 14:52

If Shennys out long term, Then Jimmy Klienhorst just might be in the right place at the right time for this season. I bet thats lifted your spirits.

DPisgod

Post by DPisgod » 03 Aug 2021, 15:22

I do not often post, so here is my take on things;
I only go back as far as the mid seventies watching Cas.
I went down with my mate and his dad for something to do and believe me Cas were not very good, but i enjoyed it and the rest is history.
Lets firstly go back to the outbreak of Covid - we were top of the league and lets face it hammered St Helens.
The pandemic has badly damaged Castleford RLFC like it has most sporting clubs, but we have not helped ourselves.
I went down first game back against Hull KR stood at the Railway End and witnessed the body language of half our team who could not even be motivated to play.
The coach had announced his departure, so the lack of motivation that he generated throughout the team was clear for all to see.
Should he have gone when it was first known? of course he should, his long term interests lie elsewhere not with Cas.
I was offered the e tickets for Leeds and Paris but turned them down, and then the silly season really started.
Wembley was a good distraction, but that was all it was a distraction from where the club and the game is.
The next reason why i have lost all interest is the game itself.
What a shambles - i do not know what i am watching any more.
The next reason i have lost interest is obvious, and that is the refereeing of these insane rules. Can you imagine the South African Director of Rugby doing a video performance after watching Child, Hicks, Grant and Thaler - he could fill a day never mind an hour.
I will not be returning until the first game of next season when i will wipe the slate clean and give the new coach and the club another chance. I do not look for the scores and look at any tables anymore, which for someone who has followed the game and Castleford for 46 years is worrying not just for Cas but for the sport.
I will finally say this to the people in charge of Rugby League - you have 12 to 18 months to turn this around or it will be back to the attendances of the seventies when it was only the die hards who went, and what then for the future of the game.
p.s i will be changing my log in name as he no longer God as Warrington will find out.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Aug 2021, 16:16

over the years rules have changed year on year as the game improved i do not think so when we had the likes of Denis Hartley Chuck and Heppy i enjoyed the game more, moan over will i be getting a season ticket of coarse i will Cas tigers have been a big part of my life

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 03 Aug 2021, 16:37

There is generally plenty of lost interest in RL at the moment as the teams can't get any traction due to Covid, postponed/abandoned games, fielding weaker teams due to covid etc ! To make matters worse on lack of interest for Cas, is the DP leaving at the end of year situation !!

The season of last year and also especially this season does not truly reflect a fair reflection of which teams are good and which aren't when key players are missing due to covid and what other reasons there are floating around at the moment. This is another reason why there is a lack of interest generally and won't return until there is a stable health environment.

Cas look as though they are seeing out the season with no incentive to try and win anything by the looks of it and that smacks season ticket holders right in their faces and will have repercussions for next season's "season ticket" take up.

I fear the worst for Cas with an aging ground, primitive training facilities, no investment money around and cash strapped fans looking to make ends meet and with Sky money cuts ...... It's really not looking good !!

It's looking that we may now have a monumental struggle on our hands to stay afloat in SL as if it comes to no money left to pay players wages for example, the writing will definitely be on the wall !!

Does anybody know of any Fairy God-Mothers around !!

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 03 Aug 2021, 22:44

Just desperately need to get this season over and the new faces in.
Hopefully some semblance of an available playing squad for the remainder of the season. Beat Leeds and Wakey and end with something to cheer about. With a few wins and some bigger games than bloody Fart Town down the lane will hopefully see decent crowds and some atmosphere.
Say our goodbyes to Powell and get Radford and a fresh staff/players for a new look Cas Tigers in 2022. And two fingers to Covid.
That's what's needed for me.
The 3 Rs - refs, rule changes and RFL clowns - will always grind my gears.
But I want to get back to being in love with being a Cas fan.

Horsifer

Post by Horsifer » 04 Aug 2021, 07:17

Hold firm. Have faith. This time will pass. A new dawn beckons. Look at the new squad being put together. Yes, our ground is poor in terms of facilities, but is that why you go there? Remember, the atmosphere at our little ground is the envy of every other team. Who creates that atmosphere? WE do!
I agree that the rule changes since C19 have not suited us and our performances have been lacklustre; I also understand the frustrations of some season ticket holders and how they may feel disappointed; especially when many donated their season ticket money to the club last season and the offerings this season have been below par; I understand some supporters' frustrations in how the governance of the game (referees included) seem to be dancing to a different beat to most of us, which at best lessens the integrity of the game, at worst may ruin it irrecoverably.
But...
... somebody once said, "What's the point of having a faith, if it's not tested now and again?" These are testing times, but together, we'll pull through. I emplore you to hold firm, have faith - this time will pass. #COYF
Hold firm, have faith. #COYF

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 04 Aug 2021, 08:00

What makes you think that covid won’t still be here next year? In my opinion I think it will still be here for at least another 3 years.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 04 Aug 2021, 08:50

Ken Smith wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 08:00 What makes you think that covid won’t still be here next year? In my opinion I think it will still be here for at least another 3 years.
Covid will probably be with us for a lot longer than that. Long Covid almost certainly will. The secret to what happens is how effectively we manage it.

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 04 Aug 2021, 09:05

Ken Smith wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 08:00 What makes you think that covid won’t still be here next year? In my opinion I think it will still be here for at least another 3 years.
It'll be here for ever I assume. I'm just hoping its impact won't be as far reaching and disruptive.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 04 Aug 2021, 09:13

The problem is even with 2 jabs your not safe. M8 of mine in hospital on oxygen and hes had his 2 jabs. Think being over weight or poor lung capacity is the problem for people.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 04 Aug 2021, 09:27

It’s never going away.
We are gonna have to live with it.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 04 Aug 2021, 12:19

Living with it is the only way now and once the world and his mother are vaccinated we can reduce the impact almost completely. There will be no need to isolate, no need to cancel/postpone games, no need to hide after a weekend in Perpingnan, no need to scrub after a visit to the WR bogs, oh, hang on...etc.

As life returns to normal, so should our past times and sport, pro and amateur, watching and playing.

Interest will grow again and Sweet Caroline will belt out on a more regular basis...hopefully.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 04 Aug 2021, 13:49

The country maybe, the world, no chance

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Aug 2021, 05:38

heritage1926 wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 13:46 Just watched back the highlights. Clearly a couple are playing through injury, but there are also a fair few seasoned pro's who look like they've lost interest too. Radford has a job on next season already, at getting us back up for it. These last 2 seasons seem to have sucked all the life and morale out of the players and fans.
It was a mistake to give Powell a farewell season ,all though a couple of coaches have won a trophy when it's been known they would be leaving at the end of the season generally bad things tend to happen with that scenario
Interesting to see if we give Leeds a game tomorrow with a stronger team out
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 05 Aug 2021, 07:33

Horsifer wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 07:17 Hold firm. Have faith. This time will pass. A new dawn beckons. Look at the new squad being put together. Yes, our ground is poor in terms of facilities, but is that why you go there? Remember, the atmosphere at our little ground is the envy of every other team. Who creates that atmosphere? WE do!
I agree that the rule changes since C19 have not suited us and our performances have been lacklustre; I also understand the frustrations of some season ticket holders and how they may feel disappointed; especially when many donated their season ticket money to the club last season and the offerings this season have been below par; I understand some supporters' frustrations in how the governance of the game (referees included) seem to be dancing to a different beat to most of us, which at best lessens the integrity of the game, at worst may ruin it irrecoverably.
But...
... somebody once said, "What's the point of having a faith, if it's not tested now and again?" These are testing times, but together, we'll pull through. I emplore you to hold firm, have faith - this time will pass. #COYF
this is a great post i agree with you 100%

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 05 Aug 2021, 10:07

Well Hosifer
After reading your email l remembered all those dull dour days and heavy defeats but still went along regardless.
So l have just bought my ticket for tomorrow.
Hopefully not standing alone as my daughter is in a corporate box.
But if l am l will be Loud and Proud.
Cas for life not just the glory days.
That's why when we win it means so much and when we loose it hurts.
Oo 2 B a Cas Fan!

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 07 Aug 2021, 08:36

Regaining interest after a display like last night. Ok Leeds made many mistakes, but Cas made them make them. It must be frustrating to play against such a strong defensively strong team like Cas. Pleased to see Eden back in the side cos there’s no one in Super League faster than him. Also commentators giving praise to Michael Shenton for his encouragement from the touch lines, would certainly be a shame if the facial injury deprived him of a final appearance, or a Grand Final appearance.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Aug 2021, 08:49

Leeds lost a bit of interest when they couldn't breech are defence dispute all the possession on our line
Fantastic defensive effort from the team I thought
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cvtiger » 07 Aug 2021, 09:51

Last nights effort have certainly revived my interest, great game, atmosphere and them noisy boys at the back need to be commended for their singing, they must have been practising!
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 07 Aug 2021, 10:31

Thank you I was in fine voice even if I say so myself 😜.