Losing interest........

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Horsifer

Re: Losing interest........

Post by Horsifer » 04 Aug 2021, 07:17

Hold firm. Have faith. This time will pass. A new dawn beckons. Look at the new squad being put together. Yes, our ground is poor in terms of facilities, but is that why you go there? Remember, the atmosphere at our little ground is the envy of every other team. Who creates that atmosphere? WE do!
I agree that the rule changes since C19 have not suited us and our performances have been lacklustre; I also understand the frustrations of some season ticket holders and how they may feel disappointed; especially when many donated their season ticket money to the club last season and the offerings this season have been below par; I understand some supporters' frustrations in how the governance of the game (referees included) seem to be dancing to a different beat to most of us, which at best lessens the integrity of the game, at worst may ruin it irrecoverably.
But...
... somebody once said, "What's the point of having a faith, if it's not tested now and again?" These are testing times, but together, we'll pull through. I emplore you to hold firm, have faith - this time will pass. #COYF
Hold firm, have faith. #COYF

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 04 Aug 2021, 08:00

What makes you think that covid won’t still be here next year? In my opinion I think it will still be here for at least another 3 years.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 04 Aug 2021, 08:50

Ken Smith wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 08:00 What makes you think that covid won’t still be here next year? In my opinion I think it will still be here for at least another 3 years.
Covid will probably be with us for a lot longer than that. Long Covid almost certainly will. The secret to what happens is how effectively we manage it.

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 04 Aug 2021, 09:05

Ken Smith wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 08:00 What makes you think that covid won’t still be here next year? In my opinion I think it will still be here for at least another 3 years.
It'll be here for ever I assume. I'm just hoping its impact won't be as far reaching and disruptive.

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 04 Aug 2021, 09:13

The problem is even with 2 jabs your not safe. M8 of mine in hospital on oxygen and hes had his 2 jabs. Think being over weight or poor lung capacity is the problem for people.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 04 Aug 2021, 09:27

It’s never going away.
We are gonna have to live with it.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 04 Aug 2021, 12:19

Living with it is the only way now and once the world and his mother are vaccinated we can reduce the impact almost completely. There will be no need to isolate, no need to cancel/postpone games, no need to hide after a weekend in Perpingnan, no need to scrub after a visit to the WR bogs, oh, hang on...etc.

As life returns to normal, so should our past times and sport, pro and amateur, watching and playing.

Interest will grow again and Sweet Caroline will belt out on a more regular basis...hopefully.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 04 Aug 2021, 13:49

The country maybe, the world, no chance

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Aug 2021, 05:38

heritage1926 wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 13:46 Just watched back the highlights. Clearly a couple are playing through injury, but there are also a fair few seasoned pro's who look like they've lost interest too. Radford has a job on next season already, at getting us back up for it. These last 2 seasons seem to have sucked all the life and morale out of the players and fans.
It was a mistake to give Powell a farewell season ,all though a couple of coaches have won a trophy when it's been known they would be leaving at the end of the season generally bad things tend to happen with that scenario
Interesting to see if we give Leeds a game tomorrow with a stronger team out
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 05 Aug 2021, 07:33

Horsifer wrote: 04 Aug 2021, 07:17 Hold firm. Have faith. This time will pass. A new dawn beckons. Look at the new squad being put together. Yes, our ground is poor in terms of facilities, but is that why you go there? Remember, the atmosphere at our little ground is the envy of every other team. Who creates that atmosphere? WE do!
I agree that the rule changes since C19 have not suited us and our performances have been lacklustre; I also understand the frustrations of some season ticket holders and how they may feel disappointed; especially when many donated their season ticket money to the club last season and the offerings this season have been below par; I understand some supporters' frustrations in how the governance of the game (referees included) seem to be dancing to a different beat to most of us, which at best lessens the integrity of the game, at worst may ruin it irrecoverably.
But...
... somebody once said, "What's the point of having a faith, if it's not tested now and again?" These are testing times, but together, we'll pull through. I emplore you to hold firm, have faith - this time will pass. #COYF
this is a great post i agree with you 100%

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 05 Aug 2021, 10:07

Well Hosifer
After reading your email l remembered all those dull dour days and heavy defeats but still went along regardless.
So l have just bought my ticket for tomorrow.
Hopefully not standing alone as my daughter is in a corporate box.
But if l am l will be Loud and Proud.
Cas for life not just the glory days.
That's why when we win it means so much and when we loose it hurts.
Oo 2 B a Cas Fan!

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 07 Aug 2021, 08:36

Regaining interest after a display like last night. Ok Leeds made many mistakes, but Cas made them make them. It must be frustrating to play against such a strong defensively strong team like Cas. Pleased to see Eden back in the side cos there’s no one in Super League faster than him. Also commentators giving praise to Michael Shenton for his encouragement from the touch lines, would certainly be a shame if the facial injury deprived him of a final appearance, or a Grand Final appearance.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Aug 2021, 08:49

Leeds lost a bit of interest when they couldn't breech are defence dispute all the possession on our line
Fantastic defensive effort from the team I thought
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 07 Aug 2021, 09:51

Last nights effort have certainly revived my interest, great game, atmosphere and them noisy boys at the back need to be commended for their singing, they must have been practising!
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 07 Aug 2021, 10:31

Thank you I was in fine voice even if I say so myself 😜.

Horsifer

Post by Horsifer » 07 Aug 2021, 10:56

casjunction wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 10:07 Well Hosifer
After reading your email l remembered all those dull dour days and heavy defeats but still went along regardless.
So l have just bought my ticket for tomorrow.
Hopefully not standing alone as my daughter is in a corporate box.
But if l am l will be Loud and Proud.
Cas for life not just the glory days.
That's why when we win it means so much and when we loose it hurts.
Oo 2 B a Cas Fan!
Sorry for the slow reply. Great post mate. You're holding firm and you clearly have faith. #COYF
Hold firm, have faith. #COYF

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 Aug 2021, 21:48

Router1977 wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 22:45 Well, this was the first game night I have not been motivated to even check the team news before KO in 9 years and not interested in the result.....no wonder season ticket holders started leaving the ground early. Yes we have injuries and yes we still have a Covid pandemic but having no first team players to formulate a squad after 15 days since the cup final is baffling to say the least. It just goes to show that either the Wembley squad was never fully fit or we sustained a injury to 90% of the players that 15 days is not enough recovery time..... Yes, Trueman has got a back problem but it didnt stop him scoring a try.
The club need to quickly take stock. A successful club needs a firm and regular fan base. Without this we have no club. We need fresh ideas and quick. This season is now a right off. We need to think to 2022 and beyond. For me it's a no brainer but to give Radders a few games so he gets a head start even if it costs the club money in putting Powell on gardening leave. Fans will start to boycott the games which will greatly reduce revenue which will not help us going forward. If the fans had a spark of something new then they would come back quicker than when they left. It's a no brainer to me because if we carry on as we are then by the end of August we will have very low attendances.
Big clubs with big chairman that are ruthless for the clubs cause. Cas need to take note if they have the same ambition going forward.
Has tonight got you interested again?

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 13 Aug 2021, 07:37

Well this last week has been a turn up.for the books. Been on holiday and missed both games-the only 2 I have missed this season and to be honest I was quite happy about it at the time. Absolutely typical. After feeling the life sucked out inthe weeks before, these 2 wins look like a shot in the arm.
Well done to those who travelled, especially last night. You deserve to enjoy that.
Fantastic wins and gritty defensive performances.
COYF

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 13 Aug 2021, 07:52

old cas lass wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 09:21
heritage1926 wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 07:59 Does anyone genuinely think we can still make the play offs, never mind win it?
Not a chance.
Leeds and saints next two.
Don’t wanna sound pessimistic but
Can’t see us getting owt from
Them two games.
What was you saying OCL? LOL

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Aug 2021, 08:23

Classysupercas6202 wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 07:52
old cas lass wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 09:21
heritage1926 wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 07:59 Does anyone genuinely think we can still make the play offs, never mind win it?
Not a chance.
Leeds and saints next two.
Don’t wanna sound pessimistic but
Can’t see us getting owt from
Them two games.
What was you saying OCL? LOL
What do I know :D
Bet I’m not the only one who thought that though.