So, on to Huddersfield Monday.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: So, on to Huddersfield Monday.

Post by Mucky1978 » 02 Aug 2021, 21:34

I wouldn’t be renewing my season ticket next season if Powell was staying.
Only reason I’m getting one again is cos Radford is coming in hopefully fresh ideas.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Aug 2021, 21:39

Mucky1978 wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 21:34 I wouldn’t be renewing my season ticket next season if Powell was staying.
Only reason I’m getting one again is cos Radford is coming in hopefully fresh ideas.
Me neither... roll on next season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 02 Aug 2021, 21:40

Honest question. Cas and aunts have players down with Covid, cas obviously have players who haven’t recovered. So why was this not postponed . Absolute joke of a competition. Next to no chance of making the playoffs and weaker teams will be competing in it . This game was played purely for the gate money

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 02 Aug 2021, 21:48

Dazzyb wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 21:40 Honest question. Cas and aunts have players down with Covid, cas obviously have players who haven’t recovered. So why was this not postponed . Absolute joke of a competition. Next to no chance of making the playoffs and weaker teams will be competing in it . This game was played purely for the gate money
Yep.
What was attendance?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 02 Aug 2021, 22:02

Dazzyb wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 21:40 why was this not postponed………This game was played purely for the gate money
Answered your own question in the same post.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Aug 2021, 22:10

sad to see CAS fans leaving well before the end,whats this keep playing a forward at stand off i could not see any other club doing it

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 02 Aug 2021, 22:13

Is it me it's almost as if you can feel the life draining out of the club.i have always wondered what the people running the club think watching that drivel.noticed the passion Ken Davey's has for his club,while ours is hid behind the seats.

1935tigeryear
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 1935tigeryear » 02 Aug 2021, 22:35

The total disregard for season ticket holders who have had to endure weakened teams in league games since crowds have been able to attend, is frankly obscene. Understand that there wasn’t much that could be done today with Covid ruling players out (apart from postponing) but we have been subjected to weakened teams for months. Some of our players have only played in cup matches.
As season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club/provide cash flow out of season, then taking them for granted is a big risk by the club, which might not work out well.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Aug 2021, 22:38

1935tigeryear wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 22:35 The total disregard for season ticket holders who have had to endure weakened teams in league games since crowds have been able to attend, is frankly obscene. Understand that there wasn’t much that could be done today with Covid ruling players out (apart from postponing) but we have been subjected to weakened teams for months. Some of our players have only played in cup matches.
As season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club/provide cash flow out of season, then taking them for granted is a big risk by the club, which might not work out well.
It’ll come back and bite them next year.
I know 2 sEason ticket holders who arnt renewing next season.

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 02 Aug 2021, 22:46

Mucky1978 wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 21:48
Dazzyb wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 21:40 Honest question. Cas and aunts have players down with Covid, cas obviously have players who haven’t recovered. So why was this not postponed . Absolute joke of a competition. Next to no chance of making the playoffs and weaker teams will be competing in it . This game was played purely for the gate money
Yep.
What was attendance?
Think it was just over 4k. I heard it about 4.3 something. About 150 from Hudds.

Bish Bash

Post by Bish Bash » 02 Aug 2021, 22:56

I was excited at the start of the year after getting my first season ticket in 20 years. Now I wish I had saved money as all I do is waste an evening watching amateur skill levels, see the side I love getting hammered and going home depressed. I not trying to be melodramatic but our club is dying. We’ve been hanging on to super league based on our over-achievements but when we are playing dross we have no more right to super league than Fev or Keighley etc.

We had an opportunity but through circumstances we have missed it. Not anyone individuals fault, were just not big enough. The game needs restructuring to survive and I don’t think we deserve to be part of the top flight anymore. Makes me sad and angry.

I looked around the ground tonight…who would pay £24 to spend 2 hours stood in a rusty stand with dirty toilets.

Playing a second string team is offensive to season ticket holders. I’ve given money and time to watch poor performances all season. I’m fed up

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Aug 2021, 23:03

Seen some posts saying shenny as a suspected broken jaw.
Hope they arnt true.
But if he as could tonight be his last game in a cas shirt.
Would be awful for his career to end this way.

Also could we extent keinhorst stay to full in at center.
Or we could stick a youngster in there.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 02 Aug 2021, 23:20

Hubby on Radio Leeds thought it might be his cheekbone

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Aug 2021, 23:26

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 23:20 Hubby on Radio Leeds thought it might be his cheekbone
Let’s hope they are wrong.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 02 Aug 2021, 23:48

Also could we extent keinhorst stay to full in at center.
Or we could stick a youngster in there.
[/quote]

Is there any point when the coach leaves him sat warming the bench for 60 minutes.
He should have played from the start and put Blair into the pack to strengthen the forwards.
He didn't even send him on when Shenton left the field even though he has lots of Superleague experience, the mind boggles.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 03 Aug 2021, 01:41

I’m in the disinterested camp.putting out weak teams combined with games during the week mine and my family’s season tickets have been a complete waste of money.last chance saloon next season,hoping Radford can get us sorted and hoping sky want less games during the week.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Aug 2021, 07:10

I agree with the coaches assessment of young Cain Robb kids got a good future ahead of him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 03 Aug 2021, 08:02

I too am In this disillusioned camp. I just couldn't get excited for the game last night and had I not already got a season ticket I wouldnt have bothered going down. Its so awful to be feeling like this but with the Wembley disappointment, the fact the game is being ripped apart by the RFL and referee performances are god awful plus weak teams being put out by us its just rubbish at the moment. I guess the only plus side to this is we are seeing our young guys get some game time. I thought Robb was excellent. The lad shows no fear and I think could be a star for us. Nice to see Sweeting get involved too in the build up to Graham's try. Not sure why Powell left Jimmy K on the bench for so long. He looked solid when he came on though. Let's hope we get some players back for Leeds and we can finally get a win. Seems an age since we have won.

Stokesey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Stokesey » 03 Aug 2021, 08:17

gateman wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 22:10 sad to see CAS fans leaving well before the end,whats this keep playing a forward at stand off i could not see any other club doing it
Fans always leave before the end of the game for various reasons. I actually thought most fans stayed to the end to show the support for the effort.

Chuck Stud

Post by Chuck Stud » 03 Aug 2021, 08:36

I think it a real shame that after all Powell has done for us his legacy is reduced to this, no chance of making playoffs and both Leeds and Saints will batter us, next 5 games
Leeds, Saints, Wakey, Hull, Wigan

Cannot see us getting anything from any of them except perhaps Wakey, still at least Powell will be able to say at the end of the season he left us in the same position he found us in :-k