Game off.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Game off.

Post by gateman » 29 Jul 2021, 10:18

to get things back on track it is a shame every one as not taken up the offer of a jab, its a free country people have different reasons for not taking up the offer thank the lord he majority have, how great is it o see the infection rates coming down

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 Jul 2021, 11:07

gateman wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 10:18 to get things back on track it is a shame every one as not taken up the offer of a jab, its a free country people have different reasons for not taking up the offer thank the lord he majority have, how great is it o see the infection rates coming down
I agree people have a choice..
But in years to come I can see happening it’ll be given to school kids before they leave school yr 11’s, like other jabs are given to school kids.

Also some will maybe change their mind about not having it when it become compulsory to show a double jab before you can travel abroad or go to sporting/concerts/festival events.
I genuinely hope it don’t come to that, but imo that the only way we are gonna get a strangle hold on it.
Sadly it’s never gonna go away.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Jul 2021, 11:46

mart0042 wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 10:06
scottiger wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 13:38
mart0042 wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 11:53
heritage1926 wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 10:28 A good point made by Aaron Bower on Twitter...
If EFL clubs don't encounter similar issues to Super League when they get going again in a fortnight's time, there are going to be some serious questions directed the way of rugby league. The sport gets a pass for now, IMO, but if other sports can crack on.. what is RL doing?
He's right. I wonder why it's suddenly started up again and yet nothing in football.
Because footballs not started up properly yet . Euros much easier to manage with team hotels ect ...
It's back now, Leeds United have already had 2 matches and there's lots of friendlies played with unrestricted crowds.

It will be interesting how long before covid takes hold in the first few months. Prior to the October 1st double jab date.
Tomorrow's friendlys between Sheff Utd and Norwich Burnley and Forest called off with Covid in the Norwich and Forest camps
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Jul 2021, 11:54

old cas lass wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 11:07
gateman wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 10:18 to get things back on track it is a shame every one as not taken up the offer of a jab, its a free country people have different reasons for not taking up the offer thank the lord he majority have, how great is it o see the infection rates coming down
But in years to come I can see happening it’ll be given to school kids before they leave school yr 11’s, like other jabs are given to school kids.

Also some will maybe change their mind about not having it when it become compulsory to show a double jab before you can travel abroad or go to sporting/concerts/festival events.
I genuinely hope it don’t come to that, but imo that the only way we are gonna get a strangle hold on it.
Not to mention long Covid

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 Jul 2021, 12:45

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 11:54
old cas lass wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 11:07

Not to mention long Covid
Yep, daughter suffered with that for about 6/7 months.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 29 Jul 2021, 18:47

Am i right in thinking the jab only helps the person whos jabbed by helping get over covid symptoms easier? The jab doesn't stop you getting covid or passing it on? So i dont see why people are in the slight bit bother if someone else has had the jab or not, surely as long as you have had your jab thats all that matters. Or am i missing something?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Jul 2021, 19:28

I’m sure there will be others who will comment on this , but in short it hugely reduces your chances of both getting and transmitting it.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 29 Jul 2021, 20:51

jackknife wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 18:47
Am i right in thinking the jab only helps the person whos jabbed by helping get over covid symptoms easier? The jab doesn't stop you getting covid or passing it on? So i dont see why people are in the slight bit bother if someone else has had the jab or not, surely as long as you have had your jab thats all that matters. Or am i missing something?
The issue is a non-vaccinated person can infect others. We all react differently, some show little or no symptoms, some are extremely ill or are left with life changing consequences - long covid, sadly some have died. Those vaccinated have been statistically proven to have a significantly lower risk of not catching Covid, the symptoms are greatly reduced, but a tiny percentage can still have significant or even fatal effects.

Smallpox was eradicated due to vaccinations, it took very high vaccination rates to achieve that.

Vaccinations for Diptheria, Polio, Whooping Cough, Cholera, Hepatitis, Tetnus, Measles, Mumps, Rubella have saved millions if not tens of millions of lives and are still doing so.
When Measles vaccination rates dropped, Measles cases started to rise.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 30 Jul 2021, 06:09

Casmania wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 20:51
The issue is a non-vaccinated person can infect others. We all react differently, some show little or no symptoms, some are extremely ill or are left with life changing consequences - long covid, sadly some have died. Those vaccinated have been statistically proven to have a significantly lower risk of not catching Covid, the symptoms are greatly reduced, but a tiny percentage can still have significant or even fatal effects.

Smallpox was eradicated due to vaccinations, it took very high vaccination rates to achieve that.

Vaccinations for Diptheria, Polio, Whooping Cough, Cholera, Hepatitis, Tetnus, Measles, Mumps, Rubella have saved millions if not tens of millions of lives and are still doing so.
But someone whos had the vaccine can still infect others can't they?

For the record iv had my 1st jab just waiting on my 2nd
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Jul 2021, 08:15

With over 70% of the population jabed and high rates of infection we must be close to geting to herd immunity the more people that get jabbed and push that percentage over 80% in the next few weeks the safer we all will be
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 30 Jul 2021, 09:28

jackknife wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 06:09

Again others will probably give you a better answer, but having the vaccine significantly reduces your chances of infection so someone who has had the vaccine is less likely to catch the infection and consequently less likely to infect anyone else.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Jul 2021, 10:42

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 09:28

Again others will probably give you a better answer, but having the vaccine significantly reduces your chances of infection so someone who has had the vaccine is less likely to catch the infection and consequently less likely to infect anyone else.
Having 2 jabs don’t seem to protect you from getting it badly.
I know someone who as had 2 jabs, he’s now in pinders on oxygen, fluids and antibiotics. Luckily he is now recovering.
He caught it after Wembley. He’s under 50yrs old and is fit as a fiddle.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 30 Jul 2021, 11:13

old cas lass wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 10:42

I know someone who as had 2 jabs, he’s now in pinders on oxygen, fluids and antibiotics. Luckily he is now recovering.
Actually they do.

I am sorry to hear about your acquaintance, and I wish a speedy recovery.

Some 84,000,000 vaccinations have been given, with nearly 38,000,000 receiving both vaccinations.

It is not 100% effective for everyone, but for the vast majority it is.
The deputy chief medical officer in conjunction with Oxford data research shows an estimated 60,000 lives have been saved.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Jul 2021, 11:24

Casmania wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 11:13
old cas lass wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 10:42

Actually they do.

I am sorry to hear about your acquaintance, and I wish a speedy recovery.

Some 84,000,000 vaccinations have been given, with nearly 38,000,000 receiving both vaccinations.

It is not 100% effective for everyone, but for the vast majority it is.
The deputy chief medical officer in conjunction with Oxford data research shows an estimated 60,000 lives have been saved.
I should of said there are still case where people have had 2 jabs that have contracted Covid which as put them in hospital.
I agree the majority of vaccinated people don’t get it so bad they are hospitalised.
But there are gonna be some who are either unlucky or for some reason their immune system don’t agree with the vaccine.
I’m not medically inform to know the reason why.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 30 Jul 2021, 12:04

Covid now has its own thread...

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Jul 2021, 12:12

FIat Capper wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 12:04 Covid now has its own thread...
It’s taken over the world :)

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 30 Jul 2021, 16:47

Mmmmm frightening.wonder what else is ready to pop up. Stephen King couldn't have written this nightmare.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 30 Jul 2021, 17:14

I see what you did there
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Piquad1 wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 16:47 Mmmmm frightening.wonder what else is ready to pop up. Stephen King couldn't have written this nightmare.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 30 Jul 2021, 18:07

First query is what are super league clubs such as us doing wrong while championship clubs seem to managew to get games on, must super league are full time pros so should be able to isolate easier than championship players who are mainly part time with other jobs, so twice chance of exposure. Secondly top scientist in us as now said everyone who as had covid and got natural anti bodies are only pretected by these for up to 8 months then said jabs protect for up to a year so therefore this is going to be an annual jab then. But then also admitted when questioned by anti vac person (not my opinion i have had both) that this is still an experimental vaccine as long term studies will take years to return any other effects. So if a younger person does not want to take one i stand with there choice and welcome them to any game without a covid passport/letter like we used at wembley as long as they have taken a test prior (result only takes 30 mins). Finally at wembley my party showed our letters to security yet not one of us was asked to show id so i could have just photocopied these letters and handed them out surely security should have asked for id to verify our letters. Did anyone actually get asked for id ? just throwing this question out to wembley attendees

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 30 Jul 2021, 18:07

Piquad1 wrote: 30 Jul 2021, 16:47 Mmmmm frightening.wonder what else is ready to pop up. Stephen King couldn't have written this nightmare.
“The Stand” by Stephen King isn’t far off what’s happening now with Covid….

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stand