Game off.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Game off.

Post by Nobody » 26 Jul 2021, 22:45

Dennis Vazquez wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 20:45
Nobody wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 10:03 My interest in rugby league is fading really fast.
It's worrying isn't it. I am getting to point where I am relieved with games being called off so I don't feel like I am duty bound to go.
Never ever been like that apart from odd game under Millward.

Yes thats a bit how I feel. Am seriously considering not renewing our season tickets. Totally fallen out of love with the game of late.
🐯 COYF!

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 27 Jul 2021, 08:35

mart0042 wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 11:44
old cas lass wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 10:52
mart0042 wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 10:05 I saw a report somewhere that says elite sports should all be vaccinated by 1st October. That's 2 doses done. Bearing in mind if been a month since 18yr olds and above could get the jab, we should be somewhere near now.

The club should have had them down on the first day.

The under 18s is another matter but in reality, barring the game v Salford, only Qareqare would have been in the team.
What happens if some players don’t agree with the vaccine and refuse to take it.
Completely their choice. The players need to decide whether to play/train or not. If the rules state you must have it, then either have or00 don't.
But if you don't have it, then you make yourself unavailable to play/train, don't expect paying.

We've all seen the damaged that can be caused on a rugby field, mose masoe an extreme example, but it can happen. Measured up against getting money to put food on the table.

A player can choose to sit it out until it's over. No one is taking their choice away from them.

Same as Jehovah's Witnesses not wanting medical treatment. Their choice.
I wouldn't say its same at jehovah's witnesses ones based on scientific fact the other nonsensical fairy tales.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 27 Jul 2021, 08:41

Nobody wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 22:45
Dennis Vazquez wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 20:45
Nobody wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 10:03 My interest in rugby league is fading really fast.
It's worrying isn't it. I am getting to point where I am relieved with games being called off so I don't feel like I am duty bound to go.
Never ever been like that apart from odd game under Millward.

Yes thats a bit how I feel. Am seriously considering not renewing our season tickets. Totally fallen out of love with the game of late.
Same here to be fair, and, the two guys I go to the games with feel exactly the same. With all this covid, poor officials and rugby league being scripted like the WWE it's sickening.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 27 Jul 2021, 10:12

old cas lass wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 12:07
mart0042 wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 10:05 I saw a report somewhere that says elite sports should all be vaccinated by 1st October. That's 2 doses done. Bearing in mind if been a month since 18yr olds and above could get the jab, we should be somewhere near now.

The under 18s is another matter but in reality, barring the game v Salford, only Qareqare would have been in the team.
What happens if some players don’t agree with the vaccine and refuse to take it.
Completely their choice. The players need to decide whether to play/train or not. If the rules state you must have it, then either have or00 don't.
But if you don't have it, then you make yourself unavailable to play/train, don't expect paying.

We've all seen the damaged that can be caused on a rugby field, mose masoe an extreme example, but it can happen. Measured up against getting money to put food on the table.

A player can choose to sit it out until it's over. No one is taking their choice away from them.

Not being pedantic, if it isn’t a law, then can’t it be classed as discrimination. Surely you can’t stop a person from earning a living if it’s not a law.

Personally I’d like to think all players would have it.
Not sure about trueman, he thinks it’s just flu.
On the first part OCL, if they set a League rule you have to be jabbed, then the player chooses to make himself available or not. Same as a tetanus jab or hep B. Before i retired, if I didn't have those I couldn't work.

I would have also thought all players would have it, few have done little else but train and play rugby since being 16 or younger. Even fewer will make enough money to retire after they finish playing.

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 27 Jul 2021, 10:42

After this sheet show of a season (fixtures being moved and cancelled). Also sky broadcasting on stupid weekdays, it will be interesting to see how many take season tickets next year.

The club must be hoping the wembley trip and new coach will impact sales.

i fear the full time game is now in its death throes and can only see a return to semi pro (although it was much more enjoyable then and wouldnt be a bad thing in my eyes)

COYF

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 27 Jul 2021, 16:43

Must agree with you the game was lots better then than it is now and I feel the same as several on here have have said I am losing interest in the game a game I have watched and enjoyed for the best part of 60 years

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Jul 2021, 17:38

Sky as done one thing it as increased wages for players and most of all the powers that be that run our game, but like a number that have posted on here who watched our game before sky came along i think i enjoyed it more, at least we knew that we would be at home one week and away next

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 27 Jul 2021, 18:45

gateman wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 17:38 Sky as done one thing it as increased wages for players and most of all the powers that be that run our game, but like a number that have posted on here who watched our game before sky came along i think i enjoyed it more, at least we knew that we would be at home one week and away next
And when they were away we had quality second team rugby to watch at home

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 28 Jul 2021, 10:17

bane73 wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 08:35

I wouldn't say its same at jehovah's witnesses ones based on scientific fact the other nonsensical fairy tales.
My point being that it's choice being anti-vaxxers, religious grounds, fear of needles etc....

Don't get me started on religions. Lol

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 28 Jul 2021, 10:28

A good point made by Aaron Bower on Twitter...
If EFL clubs don't encounter similar issues to Super League when they get going again in a fortnight's time, there are going to be some serious questions directed the way of rugby league. The sport gets a pass for now, IMO, but if other sports can crack on.. what is RL doing?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 28 Jul 2021, 11:53

heritage1926 wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 10:28 A good point made by Aaron Bower on Twitter...
If EFL clubs don't encounter similar issues to Super League when they get going again in a fortnight's time, there are going to be some serious questions directed the way of rugby league. The sport gets a pass for now, IMO, but if other sports can crack on.. what is RL doing?
He's right. I wonder why it's suddenly started up again and yet nothing in football.

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 28 Jul 2021, 12:54

bane73 wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 08:35

But whos scientific fact? all the dissenting scientists have been silenced. Judy Mikovits for one, and she has been proven right on several occasions.
I am not anti vaccine but i am not having this experimental vaccine until the results of the trials are produced (according to phizer and AZ , the trials end in 2023, read their websites and you will find that gem hidden in small print)

BTW i have never had a flu jab either

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 28 Jul 2021, 13:38

mart0042 wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 11:53
heritage1926 wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 10:28 A good point made by Aaron Bower on Twitter...
He's right. I wonder why it's suddenly started up again and yet nothing in football.
Because footballs not started up properly yet . Euros much easier to manage with team hotels ect ...
TM Out

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 28 Jul 2021, 17:40

I suspect that if things haven’t improved as regards COVID postponing in Super League, then when club football gets underway again, that will suffer at least equally.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 29 Jul 2021, 10:06

scottiger wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 13:38
Because footballs not started up properly yet . Euros much easier to manage with team hotels ect ...
It's back now, Leeds United have already had 2 matches and there's lots of friendlies played with unrestricted crowds.

It will be interesting how long before covid takes hold in the first few months. Prior to the October 1st double jab date.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 29 Jul 2021, 10:18

to get things back on track it is a shame every one as not taken up the offer of a jab, its a free country people have different reasons for not taking up the offer thank the lord he majority have, how great is it o see the infection rates coming down

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 Jul 2021, 11:07

gateman wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 10:18 to get things back on track it is a shame every one as not taken up the offer of a jab, its a free country people have different reasons for not taking up the offer thank the lord he majority have, how great is it o see the infection rates coming down
I agree people have a choice..
But in years to come I can see happening it’ll be given to school kids before they leave school yr 11’s, like other jabs are given to school kids.

Also some will maybe change their mind about not having it when it become compulsory to show a double jab before you can travel abroad or go to sporting/concerts/festival events.
I genuinely hope it don’t come to that, but imo that the only way we are gonna get a strangle hold on it.
Sadly it’s never gonna go away.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Jul 2021, 11:46

mart0042 wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 10:06
scottiger wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 13:38
It's back now, Leeds United have already had 2 matches and there's lots of friendlies played with unrestricted crowds.

It will be interesting how long before covid takes hold in the first few months. Prior to the October 1st double jab date.
Tomorrow's friendlys between Sheff Utd and Norwich Burnley and Forest called off with Covid in the Norwich and Forest camps
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Jul 2021, 11:54

old cas lass wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 11:07
gateman wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 10:18 to get things back on track it is a shame every one as not taken up the offer of a jab, its a free country people have different reasons for not taking up the offer thank the lord he majority have, how great is it o see the infection rates coming down
But in years to come I can see happening it’ll be given to school kids before they leave school yr 11’s, like other jabs are given to school kids.

Also some will maybe change their mind about not having it when it become compulsory to show a double jab before you can travel abroad or go to sporting/concerts/festival events.
I genuinely hope it don’t come to that, but imo that the only way we are gonna get a strangle hold on it.
Not to mention long Covid

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 29 Jul 2021, 12:45

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 11:54
old cas lass wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 11:07

Not to mention long Covid
Yep, daughter suffered with that for about 6/7 months.