Catalan game

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Catalan game

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Jul 2021, 13:32

Year of the Tiger wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 12:24
68tiger wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 10:04 The way i see this going is were going to end up with covid passports to go anywhere, see fumper was in london well i was at demo yesterday supporting freedom of choice for the younger generation. I am nearing retirement but under 30s have had very very few deaths from covid and mainly not affected seriously (know there is odd few as with any illness). Now at yesterdays demo spoke to a lot of youngsters who work for nhs who have refused to take jab saying risk of covid as to be weighed up against risk from jab such as blood clotting. Now i have had both mine but still support there choice and according to todays figures one in ten in hospital with alcohol related illness but we don't ban booze and also said that debt will take generations to pay off in fact we only paid debt to yanks from ww2 off under gordon browns reign so if we don't start getting on and trying to live with this we will burden our youngsters forever as they already face huge bills to come what with all the new green rules coming in. Finally before mods say get back to rugby this is were i am coming to over last few years getting youngsters to rugby gets harder what with internet, sport on tv, lufc been back in prem,etc so if they then need to be forced to be double jabbed against there will to come back to sport they may well say stuff it. We still yet to see if crowds will come back to pre covid times the semi showed that at leigh with warringtons feeble following. I feel really sorry for youngsters at moment with way tech is going even self driving etc how and where in 20/30 years time will they be earning a living so let the youngsters live life now while they can
28 years working in the NHS, I can assure you the vast majority of NHS staff have been vaccinated.
Infection are now down for the 5th day in a row, directly due to vaccination levels being so high.
I've just seen where the infection rates are going through the roof in the USA, a direct consequence of low vaccination take up rates in the Southern states. It is falling elsewhere, due to high vaccination levels.
It absolutely does affect young people, ask the staff on ICU and HDU wards who are fighting to stop people dying. Or even worse visit one and see for yourself.
It is not the flu, long covid is devastating, people have been bed ridden in hospital for months, some over a year.
As for Trumans ridiculous and irresponsible tweets about Covid, I hope they throw the book at the idiot.
Brilliant post. Thanks YOTT

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 26 Jul 2021, 14:04

I will always defends people's right to choose but with that comes a responsibility to accept the consequences of your choice.

I've had my jabs and I chose to do so because I weighed up the pros and cons and said fair do's, if I get something from the jab, it was my choice.

Same with not taking it. You refuse and accept that you can't holiday abroad, you can't attend sporting fixtures or even play sport and so on.

LeeThorpe898
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeeThorpe898 » 26 Jul 2021, 14:19

68tiger wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 10:04 The way i see this going is were going to end up with covid passports to go anywhere, see fumper was in london well i was at demo yesterday supporting freedom of choice for the younger generation. I am nearing retirement but under 30s have had very very few deaths from covid and mainly not affected seriously (know there is odd few as with any illness). Now at yesterdays demo spoke to a lot of youngsters who work for nhs who have refused to take jab saying risk of covid as to be weighed up against risk from jab such as blood clotting. Now i have had both mine but still support there choice and according to todays figures one in ten in hospital with alcohol related illness but we don't ban booze and also said that debt will take generations to pay off in fact we only paid debt to yanks from ww2 off under gordon browns reign so if we don't start getting on and trying to live with this we will burden our youngsters forever as they already face huge bills to come what with all the new green rules coming in. Finally before mods say get back to rugby this is were i am coming to over last few years getting youngsters to rugby gets harder what with internet, sport on tv, lufc been back in prem,etc so if they then need to be forced to be double jabbed against there will to come back to sport they may well say stuff it. We still yet to see if crowds will come back to pre covid times the semi showed that at leigh with warringtons feeble following. I feel really sorry for youngsters at moment with way tech is going even self driving etc how and where in 20/30 years time will they be earning a living so let the youngsters live life now while they can
28 years working in the NHS, I can assure you the vast majority of NHS staff have been vaccinated.
Infection are now down for the 5th day in a row, directly due to vaccination levels being so high.
I've just seen where the infection rates are going through the roof in the USA, a direct consequence of low vaccination take up rates in the Southern states. It is falling elsewhere, due to high vaccination levels.
It absolutely does affect young people, ask the staff on ICU and HDU wards who are fighting to stop people dying. Or even worse visit one and see for yourself.
It is not the flu, long covid is devastating, people have been bed ridden in hospital for months, some over a year.
As for Trumans ridiculous and irresponsible tweets about Covid, I hope they throw the book at the idiot.
Sheeeeesh what a load of dribble this is. So if covid is sooo deadly then why are all the politicians breaking the rules. Also why do msm say people have died within 28 days of a positive test. And there's no mention of age they could be 80 or 18. It's all very strange tbf and Trueman is fully entitled to his opinion it's not his fault ur tiny little sheep brain can't accept different opinion lmao

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Jul 2021, 14:24

LeeThorpe898 wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:19
Sheeeeesh what a load of dribble this is. So if covid is sooo deadly then why are all the politicians breaking the rules. Also why do msm say people have died within 28 days of a positive test. And there's no mention of age they could be 80 or 18. It's all very strange tbf and Trueman is fully entitled to his opinion it's not his fault ur tiny little sheep brain can't accept different opinion lmao
Crikey :shock:

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 26 Jul 2021, 14:38

Oh dear.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Jul 2021, 14:40

old cas lass wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:24
Crikey :shock:
Yes lots of dribble but not from Year of the Tiger.
Love the foe button

Year of the Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Year of the Tiger » 26 Jul 2021, 14:48

FIat Capper wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:04 I will always defends people's right to choose but with that comes a responsibility to accept the consequences of your choice.

I've had my jabs and I chose to do so because I weighed up the pros and cons and said fair do's, if I get something from the jab, it was my choice.

Same with not taking it. You refuse and accept that you can't holiday abroad, you can't attend sporting fixtures or even play sport and so on.
I agree with your seniments, however the real problem is unvaccinated people spreading the disease to other unvaccinated people and to a much lesser degree to those who are vaccinated. Resulting in increased hospitalisations and increased deaths.
Those reluctant or foolish to have a vaccination will put other lives at risk.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 26 Jul 2021, 15:55

Year of the Tiger wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:48
FIat Capper wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:04 I will always defends people's right to choose but with that comes a responsibility to accept the consequences of your choice.

I agree with your seniments, however the real problem is unvaccinated people spreading the disease to other unvaccinated people and to a much lesser degree to those who are vaccinated. Resulting in increased hospitalisations and increased deaths.
Those reluctant or foolish to have a vaccination will put other lives at risk.
Again, they have to live with their choice and the consequences of if. One of the many reasons I'm happy to be jabbed is to reduce the risk of transmission. I also continue to wear a facemask in supermarkets, etc. because I think it helps.

If the logistics were possible I'd like to see a vaccine passport that allows you to carry on with life as normal but I guess this would be a bureaucratic nightmare, placing too much responsibility on businesses.

Just get jabbed is my mantra

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 26 Jul 2021, 16:46

I work in a supermarket thank you Flat Capper. And yes I've had my jabs as well and wear a mask. I might even start wearing it in bed. So them that don't want jab or wear masks (Good Luck) :shock:

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 26 Jul 2021, 16:58

Both my in laws died from covid back in February, before they had a chance to get vaccination shots, would you like to give your uneducated neanderthal opinion to my Mrs....oh one was 59 the other 64 so go on let's hear your, no doubt, brilliantly structured comment.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 26 Jul 2021, 17:09

Think this is getting a bit personal now guys come on stay on topics without the bickering please
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 26 Jul 2021, 17:21

I've just banned one poster for over the top childish comments, hopefully he/she will take the time to reflect and not post in such an antagonistic way.

Thank you

Casmania

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 26 Jul 2021, 17:21

This. I've created a thread in the Lounge for covid related stuff. Any Covid related posts will be moved there.

Thanks