Catalan game

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Catalan game

Post by scottiger » 23 Jul 2021, 06:18

68tiger wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 20:59 As some people have said covid cases rife but also as ONS have said most cases now are not even going to hospital for example we had two days of 50,000 so called positives yet ONS said only 600 people in hospital. Personally rather read ONS figures than woke msm scare figures. Covid was officially 24th biggest killer last week yet msm don;t mention this fact. Time we started treating people with cancers heart problems etc that is now killing more people
just because your not in hospital doesn't mean your not suffering ... its thrown about that if your young you'll hardly know you've got it . Totally false . No wonder its taking older people out .
TM Out

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 23 Jul 2021, 06:23

TheSheriff wrote: 22 Jul 2021, 23:24 I can't help but think a lot of the positives from symptomless people now are falsepositives from the vaccine.
hospital admissions and knowing plenty of people suffering with it I'd disagree. Cases are sky high. I did 4 rapid tests all positive before went for pcr. Rapid tests rarely give false positives it's much more likely to give a false negatives. Purely because they aren't has sensitive so easily miss people with lower viral loads .
TM Out

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Jul 2021, 10:00

all we can all do is have the two shots its been proved to help but i am sorry to say it we are going to have to live with the virus a long time if not forever i am one for getting on with our lives, yes i will ware a mask in shops and on buses not for me but for the people around me

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 23 Jul 2021, 10:45

Here here. Gate. Totally agree.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 23 Jul 2021, 11:31

gateman wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 10:00 all we can all do is have the two shots its been proved to help but i am sorry to say it we are going to have to live with the virus a long time if not forever i am one for getting on with our lives, yes i will ware a mask in shops and on buses not for me but for the people around me
totally agree .
TM Out

Al letuknow1

Post by Al letuknow1 » 23 Jul 2021, 11:34

gateman wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 10:00 all we can all do is have the two shots its been proved to help but i am sorry to say it we are going to have to live with the virus a long time if not forever i am one for getting on with our lives, yes i will ware a mask in shops and on buses not for me but for the people around me
Exactly!!👍👍

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 23 Jul 2021, 20:20

casmania an example is hospital in north east today on news said to be at breaking point as a total of 22 covid cases yet only 3 are in intensive care as ons said one lot of figures is hospital patients and other figures is people confirmed with covid but then gone home to isolate as most younger people are self treating at home. Main fact no one mentions is average age of death in this country before covid and since covid is just ONE year difference sadly this is mainly killing over 80s and most in hospital now are elderly even some who double jabs but we cannot hide forever or this country will be totally bankrupt don't forget before covid came we had around 30 to 40 thousand deaths each winter from flu viruses even though flu jabs been around years and covid was 24th biggest killer. I am not a big fan of macron but agree it is about time those who are jabbed and want to get on with there lives can those who don't want jab or too afraid can stay indoors is words not mine

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 23 Jul 2021, 20:25

Agree 100% gateman worked all way through this have and will wear masks if people would like in there premises businessses but fed up of seeing people in public sector like 2 of my neighbours work for leeds city council who love it sat at home on full pay while other firms gone to wall or given little or no help

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 23 Jul 2021, 20:31

scotttiger everyone is different we have had 200+ cases in a national workforce of 3000 but luckily only an handful suffering longterm most younger ones back at work but everyone as different circumstances i bought top quality masks not work provided as i have had bronchitis 3 times since i was young

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Jul 2021, 21:10

I’ve been in London for the last 3 days and people are acting as if “what’s covid”….you are the odd one out of you HAVE a mask / face covering on.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Jul 2021, 00:33

68tiger wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 20:25 Agree 100% gateman worked all way through this have and will wear masks if people would like in there premises businessses but fed up of seeing people in public sector like 2 of my neighbours work for leeds city council who love it sat at home on full pay while other firms gone to wall or given little or no help
I’m not disputing any of the facts that you put into your posts because I’m sure you have researched them thoroughly and to be honest I’m not up for getting into the long discussions you like on wide issues which touch on rugby.
All I would say on this and it is all I’m going to say is that correct as you may be about some people you know in the public sector sitting on their bums and private companies going under, neither of which I condone, there have been a lot private sector workers sat at home on furlough and many public sector workers giving their all on the front line in the police, teaching and particularly in the NHS where many of the Covid related deaths and contracting of long Covid were of people well under 80.
All I’m saying is that statistically valid as your arguments may be, those particular statistics fit your viewpoint. Let’s not ignore the ones that don’t.
Cheers that’s me done.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 24 Jul 2021, 08:55

Understandably this has strayed off topic.
I am double jabbed and test weekly.
I have been critical of supermarket checkouts amongst other venues for the lack of masks
Someone made a comment on my commitment to mask wearing.
I replied if I'm wrong I've worn a mask.
If your wrong you'll wear a shroud.
I've made my choice.
Back on topic anyone any idea as to when it might be arranged for?

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 25 Jul 2021, 10:04

The way i see this going is were going to end up with covid passports to go anywhere, see fumper was in london well i was at demo yesterday supporting freedom of choice for the younger generation. I am nearing retirement but under 30s have had very very few deaths from covid and mainly not affected seriously (know there is odd few as with any illness). Now at yesterdays demo spoke to a lot of youngsters who work for nhs who have refused to take jab saying risk of covid as to be weighed up against risk from jab such as blood clotting. Now i have had both mine but still support there choice and according to todays figures one in ten in hospital with alcohol related illness but we don't ban booze and also said that debt will take generations to pay off in fact we only paid debt to yanks from ww2 off under gordon browns reign so if we don't start getting on and trying to live with this we will burden our youngsters forever as they already face huge bills to come what with all the new green rules coming in. Finally before mods say get back to rugby this is were i am coming to over last few years getting youngsters to rugby gets harder what with internet, sport on tv, lufc been back in prem,etc so if they then need to be forced to be double jabbed against there will to come back to sport they may well say stuff it. We still yet to see if crowds will come back to pre covid times the semi showed that at leigh with warringtons feeble following. I feel really sorry for youngsters at moment with way tech is going even self driving etc how and where in 20/30 years time will they be earning a living so let the youngsters live life now while they can

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 25 Jul 2021, 16:05

Interesting read 68. Only time will tell unfortunately.

Year of the Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Year of the Tiger » 26 Jul 2021, 12:24

68tiger wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 10:04 The way i see this going is were going to end up with covid passports to go anywhere, see fumper was in london well i was at demo yesterday supporting freedom of choice for the younger generation. I am nearing retirement but under 30s have had very very few deaths from covid and mainly not affected seriously (know there is odd few as with any illness). Now at yesterdays demo spoke to a lot of youngsters who work for nhs who have refused to take jab saying risk of covid as to be weighed up against risk from jab such as blood clotting. Now i have had both mine but still support there choice and according to todays figures one in ten in hospital with alcohol related illness but we don't ban booze and also said that debt will take generations to pay off in fact we only paid debt to yanks from ww2 off under gordon browns reign so if we don't start getting on and trying to live with this we will burden our youngsters forever as they already face huge bills to come what with all the new green rules coming in. Finally before mods say get back to rugby this is were i am coming to over last few years getting youngsters to rugby gets harder what with internet, sport on tv, lufc been back in prem,etc so if they then need to be forced to be double jabbed against there will to come back to sport they may well say stuff it. We still yet to see if crowds will come back to pre covid times the semi showed that at leigh with warringtons feeble following. I feel really sorry for youngsters at moment with way tech is going even self driving etc how and where in 20/30 years time will they be earning a living so let the youngsters live life now while they can
28 years working in the NHS, I can assure you the vast majority of NHS staff have been vaccinated.
Infection are now down for the 5th day in a row, directly due to vaccination levels being so high.
I've just seen where the infection rates are going through the roof in the USA, a direct consequence of low vaccination take up rates in the Southern states. It is falling elsewhere, due to high vaccination levels.
It absolutely does affect young people, ask the staff on ICU and HDU wards who are fighting to stop people dying. Or even worse visit one and see for yourself.
It is not the flu, long covid is devastating, people have been bed ridden in hospital for months, some over a year.
As for Trumans ridiculous and irresponsible tweets about Covid, I hope they throw the book at the idiot.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Jul 2021, 13:32

Year of the Tiger wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 12:24
68tiger wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 10:04 The way i see this going is were going to end up with covid passports to go anywhere, see fumper was in london well i was at demo yesterday supporting freedom of choice for the younger generation. I am nearing retirement but under 30s have had very very few deaths from covid and mainly not affected seriously (know there is odd few as with any illness). Now at yesterdays demo spoke to a lot of youngsters who work for nhs who have refused to take jab saying risk of covid as to be weighed up against risk from jab such as blood clotting. Now i have had both mine but still support there choice and according to todays figures one in ten in hospital with alcohol related illness but we don't ban booze and also said that debt will take generations to pay off in fact we only paid debt to yanks from ww2 off under gordon browns reign so if we don't start getting on and trying to live with this we will burden our youngsters forever as they already face huge bills to come what with all the new green rules coming in. Finally before mods say get back to rugby this is were i am coming to over last few years getting youngsters to rugby gets harder what with internet, sport on tv, lufc been back in prem,etc so if they then need to be forced to be double jabbed against there will to come back to sport they may well say stuff it. We still yet to see if crowds will come back to pre covid times the semi showed that at leigh with warringtons feeble following. I feel really sorry for youngsters at moment with way tech is going even self driving etc how and where in 20/30 years time will they be earning a living so let the youngsters live life now while they can
28 years working in the NHS, I can assure you the vast majority of NHS staff have been vaccinated.
Infection are now down for the 5th day in a row, directly due to vaccination levels being so high.
I've just seen where the infection rates are going through the roof in the USA, a direct consequence of low vaccination take up rates in the Southern states. It is falling elsewhere, due to high vaccination levels.
It absolutely does affect young people, ask the staff on ICU and HDU wards who are fighting to stop people dying. Or even worse visit one and see for yourself.
It is not the flu, long covid is devastating, people have been bed ridden in hospital for months, some over a year.
As for Trumans ridiculous and irresponsible tweets about Covid, I hope they throw the book at the idiot.
Brilliant post. Thanks YOTT

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 26 Jul 2021, 14:04

I will always defends people's right to choose but with that comes a responsibility to accept the consequences of your choice.

I've had my jabs and I chose to do so because I weighed up the pros and cons and said fair do's, if I get something from the jab, it was my choice.

Same with not taking it. You refuse and accept that you can't holiday abroad, you can't attend sporting fixtures or even play sport and so on.

LeeThorpe898
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeeThorpe898 » 26 Jul 2021, 14:19

Sheeeeesh what a load of dribble this is. So if covid is sooo deadly then why are all the politicians breaking the rules. Also why do msm say people have died within 28 days of a positive test. And there's no mention of age they could be 80 or 18. It's all very strange tbf and Trueman is fully entitled to his opinion it's not his fault ur tiny little sheep brain can't accept different opinion lmao

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Jul 2021, 14:24

LeeThorpe898 wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:19
Sheeeeesh what a load of dribble this is. So if covid is sooo deadly then why are all the politicians breaking the rules. Also why do msm say people have died within 28 days of a positive test. And there's no mention of age they could be 80 or 18. It's all very strange tbf and Trueman is fully entitled to his opinion it's not his fault ur tiny little sheep brain can't accept different opinion lmao
Crikey :shock:

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 26 Jul 2021, 14:38

LeeThorpe898 wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:19
Oh dear.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend