Evalds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Evalds

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Jul 2021, 18:37

heritage1926 wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 16:59
HuddsTigers wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 15:53 Superb game and he's solid as a rock. My only criticism of him is that I'd like to see him run the ball back sometimes and take the first tackle. Don't know if it is a tactical ploy but he almost seems scared to, instead handing it on to the winger.
I asked a player this and he said it's a tactical ploy from Powell.
Not uncommon.
Wigan were the masters of this when Tomkins was at full-back. You don’t want your main attacking threat returning the ball into a wall of defenders running at pace.
The idea is to get your full back running the ball on the second play when some defenders are still catching up with the players who chased hardest, or are knackered because they did keep up!

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Evalds

Post by 68tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 21:10

Excellent play from evalds solid under ball and attacking just wish we had pace of eden on field as made breaks but no speed backing up. Hope lee as a big pack and also pace come in to back up breaks. Also feel for evalds nothing worse than winning motm but been on losing team but when he had a few days to reflect he should take this as recognition from all around of his capabilities hope wane took note and use this to push for international chance. Finally could club take a picture of evalds with lance todd and mcshane with man of steele trophies together for club magazine