[Match Discussion] Cheated

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

[Match Discussion] Cheated

Post by fast hands » 17 Jul 2021, 19:42

Reflection, gutted and feeling cheated. I am probably wrong, but looking back at referee decisions, along with video Refs bad call, I think I am justified in thinking we were cheated.

CHTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: [Match Discussion] Cheated

Post by CHTiger » 17 Jul 2021, 19:44

fast hands wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 19:42 Reflection, gutted and feeling cheated. I am probably wrong, but looking back at referee decisions, along with video Refs bad call, I think I am justified in thinking we were cheated.
Nah don’t be stupid! Was Powell’s fault

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 17 Jul 2021, 19:49

Absolutely - straight up wrestling levels of predetermined. Every Cas fan who went deserves a refund from the RFL for advertising it as a game.

Saints first try came from a drop out that came from a flop.
Swinging arm at the half way line on the 4th (IIRC) tackle, play on.
High tackle on the last tackle, Cas go backwards 30m....turnover, not a penalty
Percival knocks on, Grace in touch....Try
Olpherts is dragged into touch, turnover instead of Cas penalty
Cas players get off Saints player, 2 players stood at marker....6 again
Cas get the ball back from a short kick off via a Saints knock on....Saints get a penalty

Then the stuff you see every week like St Helens slowing the game down, only going back 8m and blatantly standing in front of the ref (but that's play on...).

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Wembley Relections..

Post by the happy hooker9 » 17 Jul 2021, 19:59

When were successful in major finals it due in no small amount to our half backs.
Think 1969, 1970, 1986 we had half backs that dominated the game, ran the plays and were virtual the controllers of our destiny...victory.
Now think of last 3 major final defeats 2014, 2017 and today our half back were/have been anonymous Sneydd was hooked off early doors in 2014 today Trueman apart from try along with GOB was non existent.
Do we need, if we want to lift any silverware whatsoever a dominant half back...why are Catalans now appearing to be all powerful, Maloney, Drinkwayer, Morgue???
Perhaps for the future no matter how(if) Trueman develops a dominating, aggressive, all action half is a necessity...whether we have the funds is another matter.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Wembley Relections..

Post by TheSheriff » 17 Jul 2021, 20:01

the happy hooker9 wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 19:59 When were successful in major finals it due in no small amount to our half backs.
Think 1969, 1970, 1986 we had half backs that dominated the game, ran the plays and were virtual the controllers of our destiny...victory.
Now think of last 3 major final defeats 2014, 2017 and today our half back were/have been anonymous Sneydd was hooked off early doors in 2014 today Trueman apart from try along with GOB was non existent.
Do we need, if we want to lift any silverware whatsoever a dominant half back...why are Catalans now appearing to be all powerful, Maloney, Drinkwayer, Morgue???
Perhaps for the future no matter how(if) Trueman develops a dominating, aggressive, all action half is a necessity...whether we have the funds is another matter.
Catalan have a monster pack. Cas' pack got dominated in the second half by the Saints one that always makes it impossible for half backs.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Wembley Relections..

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 17 Jul 2021, 20:19

TheSheriff wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 20:01
the happy hooker9 wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 19:59 When were successful in major finals it due in no small amount to our half backs.
Catalan have a monster pack. Cas' pack got dominated in the second half by the Saints one that always makes it impossible for half backs.
And in 69, 70 and even 86 the half backs played on a platform created by dominant packs

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 17 Jul 2021, 23:37

The incometnce that surrounds the game is staggering... When a decision goes to the video referee and he still misses a technical indrscetion as not re entering the field of play correctly... And results in a game changing try is beyong belief.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 18 Jul 2021, 00:32

Game is on it’s arse and decisions like that today shows up the joke of the game for what it is. Still probably not quite as bad as the horrendous singer before kick off though. How to murder a moment.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2021, 08:03

I'd noticed before Kendall seems to favour St Helens in the grand final against Salford he gave them everything he knew
I watched the incident when I got back to hear him talking through three things that were all reasons to not give a try but he was going to give it anyway was laughable
I felt sorry for Powell it would have been something special to go out with winning the challenge cup I think we were closer to winning than the score suggests if we could have gone 12 points up but it wasn't to be
Evalds deserved the MOM he's a class player I think him and Mcshane for next season in the spine if are half backs step up with the rest of the side Radfords putting together we should go well
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Year of the Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Year of the Tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 08:25

In Powells post match comments he stated he 'has no problem with the try being awarded'

Beaten by a better side on the day, it happens.

Getting a bit fed up of blaming the ref every time we lose. The ref had a good game, the penalty count was actually in Cas's favour, but people choose to ignore that fact.

Tactically Saints were smarter and deserved to lift the cup

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2021, 08:34

The ref did have a good game I think I said last week he's one fella I'm happy with being in charge and well done to Saints in the end they deserved to win
It just made me angry that someone with clear vision could award a try it didn't stop us winning of course but it turned the game against us ...for mine anyway
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 18 Jul 2021, 08:48

Year of the Tiger wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 08:25 In Powells post match comments he stated he 'has no problem with the try being awarded'

Getting a bit fed up of blaming the ref every time we lose. The ref had a good game, the penalty count was actually in Cas's favour, but people choose to ignore that fact.

There was some near us that were calling the ref bent every time he awarded saints a pen lol

The knock on/touch try was the only decision he got really wrong imo

Tbf in the York fev game hicks awarded a try when they clearly knocked over the line right in front of him and he didn't even go to screen lol

Just proves the current bunch aren't at a great standard
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 18 Jul 2021, 12:06

the machine wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 08:48
Year of the Tiger wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 08:25 In Powells post match comments he stated he 'has no problem with the try being awarded'

There was some near us that were calling the ref bent every time he awarded saints a pen lol

Tbf in the York fev game hicks awarded a try when they clearly knocked over the line right in front of him and he didn't even go to screen lol

There was no video ref in the York Fev game.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 18 Jul 2021, 14:11

Spanishtiger wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 12:06
the machine wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 08:48

There was no video ref in the York Fev game.
Fair enough,was still an appalling decision though
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Casforthecup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casforthecup » 18 Jul 2021, 15:41

50 50 call that went against. I don’t think we can call that cheating. Poor defence on that occasion as the ball should’ve been fielded.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Jul 2021, 15:52

Haven't seen it back so can't comment on the try other than what I saw at the ground. Don't think it was a knock as he was facing his own line. Looked like the ball did hit the line though. Then it seems the rules are a grey area and open to interpretation with him jumping. Though I didn't see much wrong with it at the game. Neutrals saying it was wrong on Twitter seemed to suggest it was a wrong call. And the lino also said it wasn't a try either so the ref overruled him.

Some of the penalties were fair and symptomatic of a tiring outfit. However, it is always consistency that is the problem. If you are going to apply rules then apply them both ways and not selectively. Everything seemed to go for them 2nd half and there were times when they got away with things. The six again rule is total tosh. There's zero benefit half the time and we seem to be suckerpunched into getting them only on the first or second tackles on our own line.

The last try the ref was totally unsighted and dictated by onfield call. Two onfield calls gave Saints points.

Other than that I think we were beaten by a better pack to be honest.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Jul 2021, 16:37

HuddsTigers wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 15:52 Haven't seen it back so can't comment on the try other than what I saw at the ground. Don't think it was a knock as he was facing his own line. Looked like the ball did hit the line though. Then it seems the rules are a grey area and open to interpretation with him jumping. Though I didn't see much wrong with it at the game. Neutrals saying it was wrong on Twitter seemed to suggest it was a wrong call. And the lino also said it wasn't a try either so the ref overruled him.

Some of the penalties were fair and symptomatic of a tiring outfit. However, it is always consistency that is the problem. If you are going to apply rules then apply them both ways and not selectively. Everything seemed to go for them 2nd half and there were times when they got away with things. The six again rule is total tosh. There's zero benefit half the time and we seem to be suckerpunched into getting them only on the first or second tackles on our own line.

The last try the ref was totally unsighted and dictated by onfield call. Two onfield calls gave Saints points.

Other than that I think we were beaten by a better pack to be honest.
Definitely beaten by a better bigger more aggressive pack.
The last try imo the ref went with the saints players, they were celebrating like it was the winning try.
I thought moore was weak in the major decisions.

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 18 Jul 2021, 21:20

I agree with both of you OCL and Hudds. Think you are both spot on.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 21:21

I am going to defend this team a little in 92 and 14 when we lost we really did not play well, yesterday we had no luck especially saints 1st 2 tries and got none of 50/50 calls. If the saints second try not been given the longer game goes on harder it is to chase so we will never know but as i pointed out to one fan he kept going on about our previous cup wins you have to remember in all our cup wins we won by one score, we didn't hammer anyone remember 86 they missed kick to win game so on that day we had the luck yesterday we got absolutely none. For once i've come out of a losing final knowing we really came much closer than the scoreline reflected

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 18 Jul 2021, 21:24

68tiger wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 21:21 I am going to defend this team a little in 92 and 14 when we lost we really did not play well, yesterday we had no luck especially saints 1st 2 tries and got none of 50/50 calls. If the saints second try not been given the longer game goes on harder it is to chase so we will never know but as i pointed out to one fan he kept going on about our previous cup wins you have to remember in all our cup wins we won by one score, we didn't hammer anyone remember 86 they missed kick to win game so on that day we had the luck yesterday we got absolutely none. For once i've come out of a losing final knowing we really came much closer than the scoreline reflected
Very true 68er. Never pulled them for offside from memory. Yet there were instances where their retreat was about 7 yards.