POWELL OUT!!!!!!

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: POWELL OUT!!!!!!

Post by tallguyx » 17 Jul 2021, 22:51

scottiger wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 22:35
LeeThorpe898 wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 17:07 Thanks so much Mr Powell for making my season ticket a complete waste of money. Watching weakened teams every week for the challenge cup. I especially loved last sunday watching Salford put 70 past us. And now im in Wembley watching saints completely outclass us. Please get out of our club and bring this joke of a situation to an end.
is this legitimate?
Judging by people I have heard around the town the last few weeks. I would think it probably is.

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 17 Jul 2021, 22:56

Can kind of see the frustration but I backed the decision of putting the eggs in this basket and felt it may have paid off. Would liked to have seen today in mild temperatures so we still had something in the tank in the second but not to be.
For me he will remain a club legend. Brought us out of the dark Millward days and created a great culture along with other key players. I will always respect what he has done and remember this era very fondly. Just such a bitter pill to swallow with the way the killer edge, slice of luck when it really mattered today and in 2017 eluded us.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 17 Jul 2021, 23:40

The biggest gripe I have with Powell is his out of order behaviour of working behind the scenes signing Cas players & staff up for Warrington and working on Warrington work whilst being employed by Cas. That's bang out of order.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 17 Jul 2021, 23:53

Possibly. Depends on whether our management Okayed it and nobody other than them probably knows

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 18 Jul 2021, 17:27

Getting rid of Powell now will cost us and he certainly won't walk. He 100% deserves to bow out at the end of the season in front of a packed house to give him the send off his 8 years service has deserved.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 18 Jul 2021, 17:37

heritage1926 wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 17:27 Getting rid of Powell now will cost us and he certainly won't walk. He 100% deserves to bow out at the end of the season in front of a packed house to give him the send off his 8 years service has deserved.
Of course he does, as any reasonable person knows.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Jul 2021, 17:39

DP turned this club round i bet there was no one more gutted than him yesterday i as given 8 years service to this club longer than most coaches CAS will not pay two wages here to the end of the season for me

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Jul 2021, 17:40

heritage1926 wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 17:27 Getting rid of Powell now will cost us and he certainly won't walk. He 100% deserves to bow out at the end of the season in front of a packed house to give him the send off his 8 years service has deserved.
Correct..

One of the biggest factors since 2017 has been injuries. We lost Luke Gale for at least a year out of his last 18 months. Junior and Olly had long spells off. Feki was a big signing and hasn’t figured. We lost Hardacre and Denny in controversial circumstances etc etc. Yet we were better than competitive and thought of ourselves as a top 4 club. All this from the quicksand of 2013.

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 18 Jul 2021, 17:51

The Firm wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 17:37
Now is not the time to hang onto sentiment. Powell played it his way in regards to the build up to this final, it didn't come off. With the uncertainty around the future of RL going forward and especially our great club, we need to get on the front foot as soon as practically possible and I'm hoping that means Radders is allowed to take the rest of the season in at least getting ahead of the game for next season and you never know, he could get revive this season. :pray:

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Jul 2021, 18:32

Brummietiger wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 17:51
The Firm wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 17:37
Now is not the time to hang onto sentiment. Powell played it his way in regards to the build up to this final, it didn't come off. With the uncertainty around the future of RL going forward and especially our great club, we need to get on the front foot as soon as practically possible and I'm hoping that means Radders is allowed to take the rest of the season in at least getting ahead of the game for next season and you never know, he could get revive this season. :pray:
I doubt Radford would want to join before he has agreed to.
Who wants to come into a new job with some players who know they are leaving, some players he has told he doesn’t want and the team in 8th position low on confidence after losing a final and on a run of poor form in the league?
And why would Powell leave? He would be out of work until next February.
A couple more losses and the season is a dead rubber now, if it isn’t already. If we go on a winning run now we might make the top 6 play-offs, but it won’t be higher that 5th or 6th and that gives us very little chance of making OT.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 20:11

If we want anything out of this season Powell et al should see their contracts out, show some passion and pride and some quality rugby not walk away with a busted legacy and their tails between their legs.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 21:01

At moment i'm either way with this powell could go after final and let lee look at players overs next 11 games and see who he wants to keep but also now final gone and players don't need wrapping in cotton wool will he play this team week in week out and try and get them to reproduce semi form and 1st 60 mins of final effort each week. Currently we have 11 games left probably need 7 to 8 wins to make the 6, can powell use this final loss (once again had no luck on day) to motivate these players for an end of season run in, we have seen before it's the teams who come into play offs on form who seem to win it and surely with a lot of squad not playing much rugby this year if and that's a big if. were there about our players may just have advantage of not playing so much rugby this season

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 18 Jul 2021, 21:13

Absolutely this twice over

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 18 Jul 2021, 21:15

cogito ergo sum wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 17:40
Correct..

One of the biggest factors since 2017 has been injuries. We lost Luke Gale for at least a year out of his last 18 months. Junior and Olly had long spells off. Feki was a big signing and hasn’t figured. We lost Hardacre and Denny in controversial circumstances etc etc. Yet we were better than competitive and thought of ourselves as a top 4 club. All this from the quicksand of 2013.
Aye add to the list Feki for 2 years on big money and a huge part of Powell's plans. Benny Roberts for a lot of the time.
Trueman for most of this year.
Evalds possibly needs surgery but will play out season if poss.
It has been a nightmare. I know they all have it at every club but we have some shockers.

GlasgowTiger63

Post by GlasgowTiger63 » 18 Jul 2021, 21:45

Horsifer wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 20:38
LeeThorpe898 wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 17:07 Thanks so much Mr Powell for making my season ticket a complete waste of money. Watching weakened teams every week for the challenge cup. I especially loved last sunday watching Salford put 70 past us. And now im in Wembley watching saints completely outclass us. Please get out of our club and bring this joke of a situation to an end.
I'd also like to thank Mr Powell, who along with others such as Steve Gill have worked tirelessly to save a team almost on the brink of collapse into a team that has played consistently at a much higher level than they have for many years. His efforts have upheld and honed the style of play that we are synonymous with and made us contenders. I am saddened by some of the comments on here. I will welcome Mr Radford and be 100% behind him. I will also thank Mr Powell for all he has done for us.
After coming to terms with losing, I would also like to thank Daryl for getting us to where we are today. Apart from Stuart Raper, which coach (in recent times) has ever got us to compete with the favoured money teams on a regular basis & playing good rugby to boot as well?
If we are all honest, we were eventually beaten by a better team yesterday. We showed tremendous character to come back & lead after being battered for 20 mins which ultimately took its toll in the 2nd half. The unbelievable call from CK that Percival didn’t knock on was an embarrassment to the game (BN on BBC was the only one who had the balls to nearly say that) & ultimately changed the game. If not given, we may have rallied, went further ahead & therefore put pressure on Saints. Didn’t happen & from that minute on we were a beaten team.
I for one was proud of the boys yesterday, the effort was incredible. Most of us could hardly stand in that heat never mind play a sport in it. We lack a bit of real class in a couple of positions to get us over the line & hopefully Lee can up with the solutions there. Shame Daryl couldn’t win us one of the big 2 (especially him being a Cas lad) but I for one salute him & thank him & whenever struggling think back to the Millward/Steady etc days.
One last thing, I hated Jon Wilkin when he played but despise him even more when he’s on the panel. Somebody shoot him please.
We move on

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 23:24

GlasgowTiger63 wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 21:45
Horsifer wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 20:38
I'd also like to thank Mr Powell, who along with others such as Steve Gill have worked tirelessly to save a team almost on the brink of collapse into a team that has played consistently at a much higher level than they have for many years. His efforts have upheld and honed the style of play that we are synonymous with and made us contenders. I am saddened by some of the comments on here. I will welcome Mr Radford and be 100% behind him. I will also thank Mr Powell for all he has done for us.
After coming to terms with losing, I would also like to thank Daryl for getting us to where we are today. Apart from Stuart Raper, which coach (in recent times) has ever got us to compete with the favoured money teams on a regular basis & playing good rugby to boot as well?
If we are all honest, we were eventually beaten by a better team yesterday. We showed tremendous character to come back & lead after being battered for 20 mins which ultimately took its toll in the 2nd half. The unbelievable call from CK that Percival didn’t knock on was an embarrassment to the game (BN on BBC was the only one who had the balls to nearly say that) & ultimately changed the game. If not given, we may have rallied, went further ahead & therefore put pressure on Saints. Didn’t happen & from that minute on we were a beaten team.
I for one was proud of the boys yesterday, the effort was incredible. Most of us could hardly stand in that heat never mind play a sport in it. We lack a bit of real class in a couple of positions to get us over the line & hopefully Lee can up with the solutions there. Shame Daryl couldn’t win us one of the big 2 (especially him being a Cas lad) but I for one salute him & thank him & whenever struggling think back to the Millward/Steady etc days.
One last thing, I hated Jon Wilkin when he played but despise him even more when he’s on the panel. Somebody shoot him please.
We move on
I agree about John St Helens Wilkin . Pompous, swallowed a dictionary but didn’t read what the words mean, and totally biased. BBC need to get rid.

LeeThorpe898
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeeThorpe898 » 19 Jul 2021, 09:41

heritage1926 wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 09:31 I don't see what Radford can do any different with this current side than what Powell is doing. We've a good 6/7 lads, maybe more, who are playing busted and I'd imagine now the final is over, a few of them may end up on long term sick.

You just know for a fact that if Radford was to come in now and we still carry on like we are, the same folk asking for Powell's head will be then questioning if Radford is the right man for the job. In simple terms, damned if we do, damned if we don't.

It's neither fair on Powell or Radford to come in half way and try and clean up the mess that this season is and DP deserves to go out on his terms.
Yeah totally agree mate might aswell keep Powell till the end of the season and hopefully salvage something out of the league. And with Radford he's already made some decent signings in Westman and Mamo and maybe some more to come. Plus he's has final winning experience so yes think he'll do very well when he takes over.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Jul 2021, 10:25

heritage1926 wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 09:31 I don't see what Radford can do any different with this current side than what Powell is doing. We've a good 6/7 lads, maybe more, who are playing busted and I'd imagine now the final is over, a few of them may end up on long term sick.

You just know for a fact that if Radford was to come in now and we still carry on like we are, the same folk asking for Powell's head will be then questioning if Radford is the right man for the job. In simple terms, damned if we do, damned if we don't.

It's neither fair on Powell or Radford to come in half way and try and clean up the mess that this season is and DP deserves to go out on his terms.
The key thing for me when Radford takes over will be if he can cut down on the endless stream of injurys we've had over the last three or four years during the season and the off season if he can do that im satisfied we will have a team that can win a major trophy
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 19 Jul 2021, 11:38

Well I'll try and get this back on track by saying Powell will probably stay til the end of the season and will be allowed to do so as long as we try to compete.

I was always against putting all our eggs in the CC basket but I hope he (DP) now realises the season lasts, well, all season and having thrown league points away, he needs to make sure the strongest team possible plays every week and plays to the best of their ability.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 19 Jul 2021, 14:22

Thanks for wasting half an hour of my time to clean up this thread.
May I suggest that users read the sticky announcement about posts aimed at others