Salford

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Salford

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Jul 2021, 23:09

derbystiger wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 22:26 Forget the score line - we lost 2 to HIA, had an academy hooker at full back for a while but the young lads never let their heads drop and played till the end. I don’t care what anyone says, in my opinion they did the shirt proud. Salford we’re just too big and experienced. Cain Robb looks a great prospect and, although a bit of inexperience in the air letting one try in, number 34 Jordan looked a decent prospect on the wing - he has better defensive positional sense than Clare has ever had! Shame quarequare was lost to the game as he had a few good carries and a couple of fantastic tackles. Overall, not a great look on the scoreboard but positives to take from the youngsters.
Spot on

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jul 2021, 23:10

scottiger wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 22:59
casjunction wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 19:02 Really disappointed in the result.
The youngsters out there could not be faulted for effort.
Millo showed again what an asset he is.
The heads went down and there was no one to get them back up again.
Salford had a good squad out we suffered poor refereeing lack of size and experience.
Glad to see that they got the applause they deserved.
Which ever way you look at it we're going to Wembley cold.
Hey ho
COYF
Cold or Fresh two ways to look at it tbf .
Shame you didn’t apply that logic when saying we were crap today. I agree that given some of the players won’t of played for a few weeks, they’ll need to grow into the game. Just like we did in the semi final against Warrington.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 12 Jul 2021, 10:24

Can't remember saying we were crap today.
As l said those young lads efforts were commendable
They paid the price in HIAs.To have so many youngsters thrown in at the deep end was never going to pay off.
I just hope they recognise they gave their all and no one can ask more than that.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 12 Jul 2021, 10:42

Can't fault the young ens that turned out yesterday but was that really the best preparation for a cup final?

The team will be going in totally undercooked and quite possibly lacking in confidence, all for the sake of not risking a few injuries or even less likely, a Covid outbreak.

DP's record in finals is woeful and I simply cannot see it improving on Saturday.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Jul 2021, 11:34

What a prospect Qareqare is it was exciting every time he touched ball and a kid still at school stepping up to play full -back shouting orders out to other players terrific ...I wanted to see a lot more of him but he fell to one of the number of high shots from Salford
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 13 Jul 2021, 22:51

Tamworth Tiger

You asked if Cas had ever conceded 70 points at home before. It gives me no pleasure to inform you that Castleford’s biggest home defeat was on the 13th August 2006 when they lost 4-72 against St Helens.
Centre Viane Gray scored the Tigers try whilst Cas conceded 12 tries all converted. It was 28 days after Cas had beaten Leeds Rhinos 31-30 at home. Cas were relegated that season but won promotion back to Super League the following year which included their biggest ever league win when they won at Rochdale 106-0..

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 13 Jul 2021, 23:17

Thanks Ken , that’s brilliant. I remember being at Rochdale and think I was at the Leeds game. Was it the one where Danny Ward went half the length of the field and scored in front of the posts at the Railway end in front of the Leeds fans?
Fortunately I’d erased the Saints game from my memory, but I’d rather Saints had the record rather than Salford!

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 14 Jul 2021, 07:00

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 13 Jul 2021, 23:17 Thanks Ken , that’s brilliant. I remember being at Rochdale and think I was at the Leeds game. Was it the one where Danny Ward went half the length of the field and scored in front of the posts at the Railway end in front of the Leeds fans?
Fortunately I’d erased the Saints game from my memory, but I’d rather Saints had the record rather than Salford!
Yes Ward scored. Think McGoldrick did too. Not sure if he kicked the drop goal that won it.
I thought Saints was the only only time we'd conceded 70 at home. Think Jamie Lyon tore us to bits.
I believe Salford is our biggest away victory in Super League. Think we put 70 on them one time. May have been Oliver Elima's debut for us.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Jul 2021, 07:22

Dennis Vazquez wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 07:00
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 13 Jul 2021, 23:17 Thanks Ken , that’s brilliant. I remember being at Rochdale and think I was at the Leeds game. Was it the one where Danny Ward went half the length of the field and scored in front of the posts at the Railway end in front of the Leeds fans?
Yes Ward scored. Think McGoldrick did too. Not sure if he kicked the drop goal that won it.
I thought Saints was the only only time we'd conceded 70 at home. Think Jamie Lyon tore us to bits.
I believe Salford is our biggest away victory in Super League. Think we put 70 on them one time. May have been Oliver Elima's debut for us.
Danny Brough kicked the one pointer that day. I was in holiday and didn’t believe my dad when I called home to ask how we had got on. Our team that day was:

Platt, Dyer, Viane, Shenton, A. Fletcher, McGoldrick, Brough, Sculthorpe, Henderson, Nutley, Manu, Ward, Lupton. Replacements: Huby, Fa'aoso, Roarty, R. Fletcher.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Jul 2021, 08:26

I remember that at the end of the match all the Leeds fans threw their plastic beer containers onto the pitch at the Railway End. Couldn’t take it.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Jul 2021, 08:27

Fumper27 wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 07:22
Dennis Vazquez wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 07:00
Danny Brough kicked the one pointer that day. I was in holiday and didn’t believe my dad when I called home to ask how we had got on. Our team that day was:

Platt, Dyer, Viane, Shenton, A. Fletcher, McGoldrick, Brough, Sculthorpe, Henderson, Nutley, Manu, Ward, Lupton. Replacements: Huby, Fa'aoso, Roarty, R. Fletcher.
That was an awesome pack for a relegated side!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 14 Jul 2021, 09:12

Just thinking about Saints and the games we have played am I right in thinking they were the opponents for Tawera Nikau’s last game at Cas?

If memory serves we lost that game as well. It was the one and only time I had stood in the WR end for a game.