Pre Wembley Covid Test.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Pre Wembley Covid Test.

Post by corvusxiii » 27 Jun 2021, 21:07

Not sure if this has been covered but I think it deserves it's own thread anyway.
As I understand it to gain entry to the stadium you must either have a certificate stating you've had two jabs. This covers me, I got the certificate by ringing 119. Your NHS number helps but not necessary.
Or you must have taken a negative test and some sort of proof to confirm this.
Anybody know about this? Is it a hospital job? Any pharmacy or what? Any info will be useful I think. Cheers and see you there!
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Pre Wembley Covid Test.

Post by Mucky1978 » 27 Jun 2021, 21:29

Just a flow test at home.
Worst thing about it is even if if you test positive you can put negative on website 😂

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 27 Jun 2021, 21:44

This is what I'm confused about. Surely you need some sort of 'proof' or else what's the point. As to where this proof might come from is a mystery atm.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 27 Jun 2021, 21:58

corvusxiii wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 21:44 This is what I'm confused about. Surely you need some sort of 'proof' or else what's the point. As to where this proof might come from is a mystery atm.
You get a text and email to say your negative.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 27 Jun 2021, 22:43

You need to download the nhs app and then select the passport option. This gives you the option of event or travel pass.

In either option if you have had both jabs more than 14 days ago you are able to down load a month long pass... Which has a. Qr code on it... Which is scanned at Wembley.

You can keep this on the app or have it sent you via email.

If you have not had both jabs you have to take a lateral flow test 48 hours in advance of the match. You then submit the results on line and this is recorded on your app.

Once you have done this you can download a events pass, which is valid for 48 hours only. This can also be sent as an email.

If you don't have the app then you need to contact nhs 111 and it will be sent via email to you to take to the match. Same conditions as above.

As someone said above there is nothing stopping you submitting a positive test as negative etc... But it's about personal responsibility.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 27 Jun 2021, 22:45

Without the app or official letter/email you won't get in.

The vaccine card you get is not enough... Nor is the email you get when you submit a lateral flow test.

You need the qr code as this is scanned on entry.

You don't get that with the email you get when you submit a test result on line or the vaccine card

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 27 Jun 2021, 23:53

Right then, I've received an A4 sheet of paper saying I've had two jabs via 119 but this has a bar code not a QR. I'd totally missed the NHS App, it had snook down the blind side!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 28 Jun 2021, 00:31

Got to be honest.
Although I take care to avoid and protect myself and other from infection.
I have not given the proof and admission process too much thought.
I have an email confirming that l have had both jabs and receive weekly emails and texts on the results of weekly tests l still suffer lapses of the things l have taken for granted foror than six decades
This topic is a timely reminder.
The RFL all the clubs need to be making proof statements or there are going to be some very difficult dialogues on the day.
Thank you for raising the issue.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 28 Jun 2021, 00:43

Duplicate.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 28 Jun 2021, 08:34

Is the home testing kit the same as the lateral flow, iv ordered a home testing kit but it doesn't state lateral flow. Maybe it will when i pick it up.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 28 Jun 2021, 09:04

I am actually glad im having a new hip and cannot go.

Did you all see the covid protocols at the G7 conference and Royal Ascot?

all this covid [REMOVED] is a joke

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 28 Jun 2021, 09:10

the changeling wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 09:04 I am actually glad im having a new hip and cannot go.

Yes, the intensive care staff never stopped laughing..

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 28 Jun 2021, 10:57

I've downloaded the NHS App and using my NHS Number I now have a QR Code on my phone. The sheet of A4 seems to be for international travel rather than UK events- 'Event Trials'. I hadn't known there was a dfference. Straight forward enough but I knew my NHS Number.

dj nelly
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Neil230467

Post by dj nelly » 28 Jun 2021, 11:47

There's 2 types at the moment 1 for travel 1 for events. It's the event 1 required for the final

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 28 Jun 2021, 12:10

Everyone needs to remember that the person who bought the cup final tickets will receive an email advising exactly the requirements for the 17th. If you bought your tickets from someone who bought 6 tickets when they only needed 2, then you will need to contact them for a copy.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 28 Jun 2021, 14:29

jackknife wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 08:34 Is the home testing kit the same as the lateral flow, iv ordered a home testing kit but it doesn't state lateral flow. Maybe it will when i pick it up.
Yes the home testing kit is a lateral flow test. Not getting too keeky here but once you have swabbed your mouth and nose the sample is mixed with liquid and via dropper is placed on the testing kit.

The material in the plastic test draws the liquid across a testing strip in a "lateral" manner, much like a pregnancy test does... Hence the lateral name.

You then scan the qr code or type in the number on the test into the Internet and the test is allocated to your personal nhs data.

You need to register an nhs account. Takes about 5 mins and asks for email date of birth etc. If you have your NHS number then great, makes life a little easier... But is Not a requirement.

LeeThorpe898
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeeThorpe898 » 28 Jun 2021, 14:42

cogito ergo sum wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 09:10
the changeling wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 09:04 I am actually glad im having a new hip and cannot go.

Yes, the intensive care staff never stopped laughing..
Yeah exactly too busy been rushed off they're feet making tiktok videos.

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 28 Jun 2021, 15:51

I rang 119 as soon as Wembley announced proof of vaccinations required. Only took a few minutes and got A4 sheet 2 days later.
As a registered technophobe and qualified pessimist, I didn't fancy getting there and dropping my phone! What happens if the mast malfunctions? Like I said, pessimist!
Got a letter for Her Ladyship too, didn't know her NHS number but no problem.
And, yes, the self-declaration of negative test is naive at best.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 28 Jun 2021, 16:51

Johnny A wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 15:51 I rang 119 as soon as Wembley announced proof of vaccinations required. Only took a few minutes and got A4 sheet 2 days later.
As a registered technophobe and qualified pessimist, I didn't fancy getting there and dropping my phone! What happens if the mast malfunctions? Like I said, pessimist!
Got a letter for Her Ladyship too, didn't know her NHS number but no problem.
And, yes, the self-declaration of negative test is naive at best.
Remember that the 'Travel' pass and the 'Events' pass are different and aren't interchangeable., as far as I know. You'll need an Events Trial pass from the NHS App to get into Wembley. As far as I understand it. The two passes are saying the same thing ie you've had two jabs but.......?

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 28 Jun 2021, 17:21

I registered a covid lateral flow test today that was negative, the NHS app had a section for trial events where a qr code is sent to which lasts 48 hours. The qr code does show within about half hour of submitting results. My qr code for having both vaccinations isn't showing yet as I think I had my second jab less than 14 days ago.
🐯 COYF!