Pre Wembley Covid Test.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Pre Wembley Covid Test.

Post by St Albans tiger » 28 Jun 2021, 14:29

jackknife wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 08:34 Is the home testing kit the same as the lateral flow, iv ordered a home testing kit but it doesn't state lateral flow. Maybe it will when i pick it up.
Yes the home testing kit is a lateral flow test. Not getting too keeky here but once you have swabbed your mouth and nose the sample is mixed with liquid and via dropper is placed on the testing kit.

The material in the plastic test draws the liquid across a testing strip in a "lateral" manner, much like a pregnancy test does... Hence the lateral name.

You then scan the qr code or type in the number on the test into the Internet and the test is allocated to your personal nhs data.

You need to register an nhs account. Takes about 5 mins and asks for email date of birth etc. If you have your NHS number then great, makes life a little easier... But is Not a requirement.

LeeThorpe898
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeeThorpe898 » 28 Jun 2021, 14:42

cogito ergo sum wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 09:10
the changeling wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 09:04 I am actually glad im having a new hip and cannot go.

Did you all see the covid protocols at the G7 conference and Royal Ascot?

all this covid [REMOVED] is a joke
Yes, the intensive care staff never stopped laughing..
Yeah exactly too busy been rushed off they're feet making tiktok videos.

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 28 Jun 2021, 15:51

I rang 119 as soon as Wembley announced proof of vaccinations required. Only took a few minutes and got A4 sheet 2 days later.
As a registered technophobe and qualified pessimist, I didn't fancy getting there and dropping my phone! What happens if the mast malfunctions? Like I said, pessimist!
Got a letter for Her Ladyship too, didn't know her NHS number but no problem.
And, yes, the self-declaration of negative test is naive at best.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 28 Jun 2021, 16:51

Johnny A wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 15:51 I rang 119 as soon as Wembley announced proof of vaccinations required. Only took a few minutes and got A4 sheet 2 days later.
As a registered technophobe and qualified pessimist, I didn't fancy getting there and dropping my phone! What happens if the mast malfunctions? Like I said, pessimist!
Remember that the 'Travel' pass and the 'Events' pass are different and aren't interchangeable., as far as I know. You'll need an Events Trial pass from the NHS App to get into Wembley. As far as I understand it. The two passes are saying the same thing ie you've had two jabs but.......?
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 28 Jun 2021, 17:21

I registered a covid lateral flow test today that was negative, the NHS app had a section for trial events where a qr code is sent to which lasts 48 hours. The qr code does show within about half hour of submitting results. My qr code for having both vaccinations isn't showing yet as I think I had my second jab less than 14 days ago.
🐯 COYF!

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 28 Jun 2021, 18:41

Nobody wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 17:21 I registered a covid lateral flow test today that was negative, the NHS app had a section for trial events where a qr code is sent to which lasts 48 hours. The qr code does show within about half hour of submitting results. My qr code for having both vaccinations isn't showing yet as I think I had my second jab less than 14 days ago.
My second jab was in May and the Events Trial pass came through after a few hours earlier today so yes, your recent jab is probably causing the delay. Keep a count of the days though. The double jab pass seems to be the strongest option.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 28 Jun 2021, 19:28

Nobody wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 17:21 I registered a covid lateral flow test today that was negative, the NHS app had a section for trial events where a qr code is sent to which lasts 48 hours. The qr code does show within about half hour of submitting results. My qr code for having both vaccinations isn't showing yet as I think I had my second jab less than 14 days ago.
My NHS app updated 24hrs after having my 2nd jab.

You can get an event or travel passport on the app. It creates a qr code

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 28 Jun 2021, 19:41

As I understand it you don't reach full immunity for two weeks so the double jab Events cert is not available until the two weeks have passed. Maybe....

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 28 Jun 2021, 19:55

corvusxiii wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 19:41 You can get an event or travel passport on the app. It creates a qr code

As I understand it you don't reach full immunity for two weeks so the double jab Events cert is not available until the two weeks have passed. Maybe....
That's how it works supposedly, I have a qr code on the travel app for having both doses but nothing on the events trial section.
🐯 COYF!

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 28 Jun 2021, 19:57

fords wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 19:28

My qr code shows for travel but not for events. Think I need to wait for 14 days after second jab for it to appear in the events section
🐯 COYF!

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 28 Jun 2021, 20:04

So a 14 day delay for Events but not Travel. And you can simply make up a Lateral Flow Test. Hell Fire!

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 28 Jun 2021, 20:13

corvusxiii wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 20:04 So a 14 day delay for Events but not Travel. And you can simply make up a Lateral Flow Test. Hell Fire!
Find out couple of days if qr code drops on, been 12 days since I had it.
🐯 COYF!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 28 Jun 2021, 20:15

Nobody wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 19:57
fords wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 19:28

My qr code shows for travel but not for events. Think I need to wait for 14 days after second jab for it to appear in the events section
Yeah snap. It says on mine

Vaccination
It's 2 weeks since receiving your second dose of the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine.

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 28 Jun 2021, 21:16

corvusxiii wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 16:51
Johnny A wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 15:51 I rang 119 as soon as Wembley announced proof of vaccinations required. Only took a few minutes and got A4 sheet 2 days later.
Remember that the 'Travel' pass and the 'Events' pass are different and aren't interchangeable., as far as I know. You'll need an Events Trial pass from the NHS App to get into Wembley. As far as I understand it. The two passes are saying the same thing ie you've had two jabs but.......?
Just rung 119. The letters are proof of 2 jabs for any event or travel. Don't need more than one.

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 28 Jun 2021, 21:18

Johnny A wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 21:16
corvusxiii wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 16:51
Just rung 119. The letters are proof of 2 jabs for any event or travel. Don't need more than one.
Don't need more than one letter! Not more than one jab!

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 30 Jun 2021, 16:05

anybody any clearer which certificate we need we have the travel one and an event pass but a member of our party only has the travel one.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 30 Jun 2021, 16:09

greenhouse wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 16:05 anybody any clearer which certificate we need we have the travel one and an event pass but a member of our party only has the travel one.
If you can get the travel one, you can get the event one. Both available on NHS app.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 30 Jun 2021, 16:14

just got the verification of me having the two jabs by post from the N H S thanks to my son

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 30 Jun 2021, 16:20

cogito ergo sum wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 16:09
greenhouse wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 16:05 anybody any clearer which certificate we need we have the travel one and an event pass but a member of our party only has the travel one.
If you can get the travel one, you can get the event one. Both available on NHS app.
but the family member doesn't use mobile so she hasn't got the app and you can't get via 119. any suggestions.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 30 Jun 2021, 16:27

greenhouse wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 16:20
cogito ergo sum wrote: 30 Jun 2021, 16:09
but the family member doesn't use mobile so she hasn't got the app and you can't get via 119. any suggestions.
There's a link here to request a letter, you need to have had your second jab for at least 14 days to request one.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ss-letter/
🐯 COYF!