Wembley......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Wembley......

Post by the machine » 17 Jul 2021, 18:29

Gave it a go first half and it paid off

Two great tries,missed opportunity not going for the one pointer to end the half though

2nd half we were just running on empty,no game time for a month will do that

Evalds outstanding and fully deserved the Lance Todd

Game management non existant second half but in the heat they had to play in then I can't really fault em,I was roasting just been in the stands lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 17 Jul 2021, 19:53

Proud of the lads efforts - nothing left out on the field today but lack of game time told in the end - out on our feet after 50. Need to have a look at some of the decisions when I get home. Roby’s try looked a definite knock on.

At least there’s air con on this train home!

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 17 Jul 2021, 19:54

derbystiger wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 19:53 Proud of the lads efforts - nothing left out on the field today but lack of game time told in the end - out on our feet after 50. Need to have a look at some of the decisions when I get home. Roby’s try looked a definite knock on.

At least there’s air con on this train home!
Not only was it a knock on, Grace jumps from in touch which means the ball is also in touch.

normantiger

Post by normantiger » 17 Jul 2021, 22:16

Nah he somehow managed to get one of his feet back in touch and the one that was in touch up in the air before touching the ball. But I do think 100% it was a knock on.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 17 Jul 2021, 22:27

normantiger wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 22:16 Nah he somehow managed to get one of his feet back in touch and the one that was in touch up in the air before touching the ball. But I do think 100% it was a knock on.
That doesn't matter, he's straddling the line when he jumps which puts him out of play, it doesn't matter which foot leaves the ground first.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Jul 2021, 23:29

TheSheriff wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 22:27
normantiger wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 22:16 Nah he somehow managed to get one of his feet back in touch and the one that was in touch up in the air before touching the ball. But I do think 100% it was a knock on.
That doesn't matter, he's straddling the line when he jumps which puts him out of play, it doesn't matter which foot leaves the ground first.
Exactly. If he did that to palm a penalty kick to touch it would be classed as out.

Riderofthepalehorse

Post by Riderofthepalehorse » 17 Jul 2021, 23:56

This season has been so difficult for everyone, but the cup final, unlike last year, seemed earned by both finalists. The first half was exhilarating, and I believe with a little more calmness approaching half time, the drop goal would have set Cas up in a much stronger position.

As it turns out a controversial decision seemed to change the momentum of the game, whether it should have, that’s another matter, but it seemed a crucial moment in the game. Some really average refereeing decisions hammered Cas, and yet they came again, and once more with more calmness from Shenny and Evalds, it could have been so different.

Eventually the best team won, but like so many great Challenge Cup finals, these games are now etched in the supporters memories , superb effort from an undercooked Cas side, a brave team, whom the supporters should be proud of.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 18 Jul 2021, 00:15

Riderofthepalehorse wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 23:56 This season has been so difficult for everyone, but the cup final, unlike last year, seemed earned by both finalists. The first half was exhilarating, and I believe with a little more calmness approaching half time, the drop goal would have set Cas up in a much stronger position.

As it turns out a controversial decision seemed to change the momentum of the game, whether it should have, that’s another matter, but it seemed a crucial moment in the game. Some really average refereeing decisions hammered Cas, and yet they came again, and once more with more calmness from Shenny and Evalds, it could have been so different.

Eventually the best team won, but like so many great Challenge Cup finals, these games are now etched in the supporters memories , superb effort from an undercooked Cas side, a brave team, whom the supporters should be proud of.
Well said. It just wasn't to be.

Brilliant reaction in the first half after a punishing first 15/20 mins. Not enough gas left in 2nd half to trouble Saints.

They got the rub of the green with refereeing calls but teams usually do when they are dominating. Doesn't make it right though as some of those calls were embarrassing.

Gutted for everyone but especially DP who deserved a big send off. 3 defeats in 3 finals will be difficult to take for him.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Jul 2021, 12:19

Well what a day.
Got home at 1.15am this morning.

Started great, bus journey enjoyable everyone up beat.
Walked to stadium, fans milling around, cas/saints/both hull clubs, Warrington.
Game kicks off we take a 12 6 half time lead (should have been more).

Then it went pear shaped in every way.
Poor second half and a defeat.
So everyone on the bus was miserable and subdued.

Then it went down hill fast.
A hour and a half into our journey home, which so far was going smoothly.

A passenger was taken poorly and became unresponsive.
So a few miles north of Northampton, we pulled over luckily there was one of them motorway 4x4’s parked up.
999 was called, ambulance came. We was told to leave the bus, which we all did. The a doctor arrived, then 3 fire engines.

The man was given oxygen and put on a drip, whilst still in his seat.
After about 2hrs the seats of the bus was taken out and the man stretchered out and into the ambulance.

Luckily over the road was a garage that did food and had a toilet.
After then finding out we can’t go home on the original bus, we had to wait another 2 hours for a reserve bus, which was coming from Rochdale.

All credit to the emergency service, who was on scene only 10 mins after the 999 call. Also a big thank you to the police who asked the garage owner if he would stay open so we could have drinks and use to toilets, which he agreed too.

After what seemed an age a bus arrived at 11pm.
Finally walked into the house at 1.15am after setting off from Wembley at 6pm.

PS. The man regained consciousness, he looked much better as they took him away.

All in all a shabby day.

Casforthecup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casforthecup » 18 Jul 2021, 13:43

I had a great day, apart from the result. And I was really disappointed by one of our so-called fans [Cut out the swearing] and blinding calling Cas spineless, gutless then with more [Cut out the swearing] and blinding screaming at people around him to get behind the team and give them some acknowledgement. For me, cas were beaten by an excellent Saints defence. In the second half we didn’t look like scoring.No shame in that

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Jul 2021, 13:54

110% given by our lads playing in black the worse colour for attracting heat over at the knights we started with black the players complained about the same new shirts in the pipeline for them

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 18 Jul 2021, 17:54

And after all dust has settled, I can say we didn't see a single bit of aggro in and around Wembley. Plenty of extremely wazzoed lads barely able to walk afterwards but was there any chance of the BBC showing the peaceful banter between opposing factions? (Afore-mentioned lads wouldn't have been overburdened by leftover money!) The media in general managed to get footage of England football yobs attacking anything vaguely Italian nationwide. The RL authorities should be flooding the media with images of blood-free and litter-free streets.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Jul 2021, 18:05

Johnny A wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 17:54 And after all dust has settled, I can say we didn't see a single bit of aggro in and around Wembley. Plenty of extremely wazzoed lads barely able to walk afterwards but was there any chance of the BBC showing the peaceful banter between opposing factions? (Afore-mentioned lads wouldn't have been overburdened by leftover money!) The media in general managed to get footage of England football yobs attacking anything vaguely Italian nationwide. The RL authorities should be flooding the media with images of blood-free and litter-free streets.
Well said….

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 18:07

The piece on the match on the BBC sports website was very positive about the crowd

Johnny A
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnny A » 18 Jul 2021, 18:10

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 18:07 The piece on the match on the BBC sports website was very positive about the crowd
Good. It's a start!

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 18 Jul 2021, 19:14

Result aside that is one of the best days I’ve had as a cas supporter for years. Evalds showed his class and hopefully we can kick on for the remaining games and push for 6th. Stranger things have happened!

Redvee

Post by Redvee » 18 Jul 2021, 19:58

I think your team was a credit to you all Yesterday . It didn’t go your way but irrespective of that . I thought your team gave everything they had and played for the jersey and you can’t ask for more . Before the match and after i was chatting to some of you and had some great rugby conversation . It really made the day . In terms of the game , we got lucky with Robes try , it was a knock on , grace did nothing wrong but it should not have been awarded . However, I still feel it was down to fitness in the end . We were very beatable yesterday, our attack was abysmal at times , had your team had not been rested I believe you would have matched us with energy for the 80 and it would have been a different game . However, we will never know . What I will say is that it was an absolute pleasure being their yesterday , you as fans are an absolute credit to your club and RL, from our perspective as saints fans , those lads gave everything on the pitch, the pride you can take away is immeasurable . I sincerely hope you challenge for the GF as I love another showdown with the Tigers again . Best wishes Carl .

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 20:14

Thanks Carl. Great post. We need more fans like you in Rugby League

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 20:14

Just got back and 3 summaries from weekend firstly rfl questions to answer 1 why no decent entertainment outside staduim around fans areas. 2 why did we need to pre purchase programmes yet vip section were handed out so why could not be sold on day. 3 could hardly believe my eyes when came in to last 10 of fev game when it finished why no losers medals and why did winners have to walk up to table and pick up there medals, at footy last week were put round players neck. 4 aimed at wembley went to buy daughter some chips as she had been in since before fev game and in ground fish chip stall refused to sell chips seperate why (as i said she as a slight allegy around fish). 5 and finally had to point out to one vender would be lucky selling t shirts, don't know if any one else saw them with saints v cas grand final 2021 on, had to point out challenge cup and grand final 2 different events

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2021, 20:16

Well said Carl ...even tho there was a lot of disappointment from a Cas point of view it was a good day for rugby league I thought often is at Wembley I've found over the years
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi