Wembley......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wembley......

Post by MrRugby123 » 18 Jul 2021, 19:14

Result aside that is one of the best days I’ve had as a cas supporter for years. Evalds showed his class and hopefully we can kick on for the remaining games and push for 6th. Stranger things have happened!

Redvee

Post by Redvee » 18 Jul 2021, 19:58

I think your team was a credit to you all Yesterday . It didn’t go your way but irrespective of that . I thought your team gave everything they had and played for the jersey and you can’t ask for more . Before the match and after i was chatting to some of you and had some great rugby conversation . It really made the day . In terms of the game , we got lucky with Robes try , it was a knock on , grace did nothing wrong but it should not have been awarded . However, I still feel it was down to fitness in the end . We were very beatable yesterday, our attack was abysmal at times , had your team had not been rested I believe you would have matched us with energy for the 80 and it would have been a different game . However, we will never know . What I will say is that it was an absolute pleasure being their yesterday , you as fans are an absolute credit to your club and RL, from our perspective as saints fans , those lads gave everything on the pitch, the pride you can take away is immeasurable . I sincerely hope you challenge for the GF as I love another showdown with the Tigers again . Best wishes Carl .

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 20:14

Thanks Carl. Great post. We need more fans like you in Rugby League

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 20:14

Just got back and 3 summaries from weekend firstly rfl questions to answer 1 why no decent entertainment outside staduim around fans areas. 2 why did we need to pre purchase programmes yet vip section were handed out so why could not be sold on day. 3 could hardly believe my eyes when came in to last 10 of fev game when it finished why no losers medals and why did winners have to walk up to table and pick up there medals, at footy last week were put round players neck. 4 aimed at wembley went to buy daughter some chips as she had been in since before fev game and in ground fish chip stall refused to sell chips seperate why (as i said she as a slight allegy around fish). 5 and finally had to point out to one vender would be lucky selling t shirts, don't know if any one else saw them with saints v cas grand final 2021 on, had to point out challenge cup and grand final 2 different events

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Jul 2021, 20:16

Well said Carl ...even tho there was a lot of disappointment from a Cas point of view it was a good day for rugby league I thought often is at Wembley I've found over the years
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 20:24

second on officials after re watching game in hotel this morning thought was fairly ok but have 5 small gripes 1 when in your own 30 why is a set restart benefit to team, would rather have penalty and kick it 40 then have to make the yards. 2 on the equalling try the linesman was closer to action yet ref over ruled him to give try to video ref therefore giving try if no clear evidence surely should have giving linesman ruling upstairs. 3 in 31 minute when we were 12 6 up on 5th tackle played advantage how is this an advantage when team would prefer 6 tackles in there 10. Fourth why was the water break not taken around 20 min mark on hottest day of year rfl still allow this so no common sense there by officials. Finally what is time keeper there for on 2 occasions coote took while over alloted minute 1 was 1 min 40 to kick

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 20:44

Finally cas put in a really good effort and for once wish we could have had rub of green, saints 1st try while aimed at padding 9 times out of 10 doesn't come off but they got bounce and as i said equalling try could have been given either way. So from this performance cas were a little unlucky and if we put that much effort in over remainder of season top 6 may still be possible. A positive is evalds really showed he can produce the full back play we been missing last few years. A slight couple of negatives is we really need to learn to kick a bomb properly. cootes had height and hang time ours mostly lacked this giving our attack no chance to contest and other fault is 3 times we gave ball away at errors of simply playing the ball this is criminal. Would like to finish with a real couple of positives firstly saints fans were really positive of our performance and said were genuinely worried for 65 mins and if not for our fitness possibly from 5 weeks not playing for some may have hung in there. Final positive and real looking forward to radders as was 50/50 when annouced is i was speaking to some on younger players and there families and they were saying how radders had watched and phoned them telling what they did well and were needed to work on they said powell and not ever done this, so if guy showing this kind of commiment before taking over can only be positive and speaking to few former players at final sat on 2nd tier all were only positive about radders and is commiment but this is for future, so i would just like to say heads up to players gave there all and so unlucky with outcome at key moments so please put this kind of effort from final and semi in each week and we will be challenging much much more often for silverware. After this final can see more possitives in future than 2014 and 2017 COYF

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 18 Jul 2021, 21:19

Redvee wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 19:58 I think your team was a credit to you all Yesterday . It didn’t go your way but irrespective of that . I thought your team gave everything they had and played for the jersey and you can’t ask for more . Before the match and after i was chatting to some of you and had some great rugby conversation . It really made the day . In terms of the game , we got lucky with Robes try , it was a knock on , grace did nothing wrong but it should not have been awarded . However, I still feel it was down to fitness in the end . We were very beatable yesterday, our attack was abysmal at times , had your team had not been rested I believe you would have matched us with energy for the 80 and it would have been a different game . However, we will never know . What I will say is that it was an absolute pleasure being their yesterday , you as fans are an absolute credit to your club and RL, from our perspective as saints fans , those lads gave everything on the pitch, the pride you can take away is immeasurable . I sincerely hope you challenge for the GF as I love another showdown with the Tigers again . Best wishes Carl .
Fair play Carl. Hats off. I'm not sure it was a knock on but I think it may have touched the line and the decision on Grace being back in play is still not right for me. Some of the way the decisions fell irked me but you are right overall. Fitness was a massive difference and Saints, even on an off day, are a good side. That defence is very tough to break down.
Congratulations on the win.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 18 Jul 2021, 21:29

Thanks carl i mentioned some of your points in my post that saints fans i spoke to said how for 65 minutes they were on a knife edge and they also agreed we got none of the crucial calls. Unlike fans of certain clubs the saints fans were not gloating after win but were giving an honest and fair reflection of a good final and thanks to those we met over weekend before and after game

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 18 Jul 2021, 21:52

Redvee wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 19:58 I think your team was a credit to you all Yesterday . It didn’t go your way but irrespective of that . I thought your team gave everything they had and played for the jersey and you can’t ask for more . Before the match and after i was chatting to some of you and had some great rugby conversation . It really made the day . In terms of the game , we got lucky with Robes try , it was a knock on , grace did nothing wrong but it should not have been awarded . However, I still feel it was down to fitness in the end . We were very beatable yesterday, our attack was abysmal at times , had your team had not been rested I believe you would have matched us with energy for the 80 and it would have been a different game . However, we will never know . What I will say is that it was an absolute pleasure being their yesterday , you as fans are an absolute credit to your club and RL, from our perspective as saints fans , those lads gave everything on the pitch, the pride you can take away is immeasurable . I sincerely hope you challenge for the GF as I love another showdown with the Tigers again . Best wishes Carl .
Having trained in st Helen's for a couple of years,I always got on well with your folk,thanks for taking the time to write that fella,I too think it would have been tight if we were match fit. Good luck anyway and enjoy your win you deserved it

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Jul 2021, 15:00

Can anyone verify if the players picked up a losers medal.
Just been asked and I don’t know if they did.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 20 Jul 2021, 15:52

old cas lass wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 15:00 Can anyone verify if the players picked up a losers medal.
Just been asked and I don’t know if they did.
I didn’t see them get one.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Post by cvtiger » 20 Jul 2021, 17:17

Can I say, I hope to sit next to 68tiger at a game very soon…likely to lift my spirits more than recent performances. Boy the fun we will have discussing chips…
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 22 Jul 2021, 20:47

yes cv with salt or salt and vinegar or peas gravy curry oh so many combinations

heppy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by heppy » 23 Jul 2021, 14:11

Has Anyone got player stats for Wembley?I’m intérested in the tackle count.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 23 Jul 2021, 20:34

Recorded game but did not see stats at end but saints had done more tackles than us at half time i think it said with roby had done 30 odd then

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Jul 2021, 21:10

68tiger wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 20:34 roby had done 30 odd then
Aye, but 4th man in for 28 of them….

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 25 Jul 2021, 09:45

Spot on there fumper for years i've thought this too surely tackle figures should be for first man or second at most is same with yardage centre could run 90 metre pass inside to wing who goes over from 10 metres out yet wings then recorded as 10 metres with ball but no recognisation of the other 90 he ran to get try

westerbeast73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast73 » 01 Aug 2021, 18:19

I've not watched the 2nd half for a reason. Just watched 15 mins and turned it off. Still stand by my statement a day after the final. Should have dribbled the ball into the corner not passed it to Olpherts.