Wembley......

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
A_can't_speak

Re: Wembley......

Post by A_can't_speak » 17 Jul 2021, 16:41

Both Trueman and O'brien seem anonymous to me for a final. Still in it though 20 to go.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Jul 2021, 16:48

Boys look drained.

LeagueLeaders
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeagueLeaders » 17 Jul 2021, 16:51

Honestly think Shenton might be the worst player in the league

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 17 Jul 2021, 17:12

Oustsnging performance by Forwards...backs except Evaldss$$*,t look forward next year to a better set of backs
Please dont give Shenton another contract.

Classysupercas6202
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Classysupercas6202 » 17 Jul 2021, 17:25

Didnt get humiliated. Great first half. Non existent second half. Black shirts wont have helped in 90 degrees.looking forward to next year now under a new coach

Abdul Mohammed
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Abdul Mohammed » 17 Jul 2021, 17:35

Ended first half well on top and saints melting. 2nd half we was nowhere near.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 17 Jul 2021, 17:37

Abdul Mohammed wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 17:35 Ended first half well on top and saints melting. 2nd half we was nowhere near.
Kendall getting the Roby try so blatantly wrong finished Cas off.

normantiger

Post by normantiger » 17 Jul 2021, 17:48

No room in rugby league nowadays for an underdog. Simple as.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Jul 2021, 18:07

Abdul Mohammed wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 17:35 Ended first half well on top and saints melting. 2nd half we was nowhere near.
Agree, pity we couldn’t get a couple more tries first half.

DebH
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by DebH » 17 Jul 2021, 18:24

At least we got the lance todd trophy - tiny consolation.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 17 Jul 2021, 18:29

Gave it a go first half and it paid off

Two great tries,missed opportunity not going for the one pointer to end the half though

2nd half we were just running on empty,no game time for a month will do that

Evalds outstanding and fully deserved the Lance Todd

Game management non existant second half but in the heat they had to play in then I can't really fault em,I was roasting just been in the stands lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 17 Jul 2021, 19:53

Proud of the lads efforts - nothing left out on the field today but lack of game time told in the end - out on our feet after 50. Need to have a look at some of the decisions when I get home. Roby’s try looked a definite knock on.

At least there’s air con on this train home!

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 17 Jul 2021, 19:54

derbystiger wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 19:53 Proud of the lads efforts - nothing left out on the field today but lack of game time told in the end - out on our feet after 50. Need to have a look at some of the decisions when I get home. Roby’s try looked a definite knock on.

At least there’s air con on this train home!
Not only was it a knock on, Grace jumps from in touch which means the ball is also in touch.

normantiger

Post by normantiger » 17 Jul 2021, 22:16

Nah he somehow managed to get one of his feet back in touch and the one that was in touch up in the air before touching the ball. But I do think 100% it was a knock on.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 17 Jul 2021, 22:27

normantiger wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 22:16 Nah he somehow managed to get one of his feet back in touch and the one that was in touch up in the air before touching the ball. But I do think 100% it was a knock on.
That doesn't matter, he's straddling the line when he jumps which puts him out of play, it doesn't matter which foot leaves the ground first.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Jul 2021, 23:29

TheSheriff wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 22:27
normantiger wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 22:16 Nah he somehow managed to get one of his feet back in touch and the one that was in touch up in the air before touching the ball. But I do think 100% it was a knock on.
That doesn't matter, he's straddling the line when he jumps which puts him out of play, it doesn't matter which foot leaves the ground first.
Exactly. If he did that to palm a penalty kick to touch it would be classed as out.

Riderofthepalehorse

Post by Riderofthepalehorse » 17 Jul 2021, 23:56

This season has been so difficult for everyone, but the cup final, unlike last year, seemed earned by both finalists. The first half was exhilarating, and I believe with a little more calmness approaching half time, the drop goal would have set Cas up in a much stronger position.

As it turns out a controversial decision seemed to change the momentum of the game, whether it should have, that’s another matter, but it seemed a crucial moment in the game. Some really average refereeing decisions hammered Cas, and yet they came again, and once more with more calmness from Shenny and Evalds, it could have been so different.

Eventually the best team won, but like so many great Challenge Cup finals, these games are now etched in the supporters memories , superb effort from an undercooked Cas side, a brave team, whom the supporters should be proud of.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 18 Jul 2021, 00:15

Riderofthepalehorse wrote: 17 Jul 2021, 23:56 This season has been so difficult for everyone, but the cup final, unlike last year, seemed earned by both finalists. The first half was exhilarating, and I believe with a little more calmness approaching half time, the drop goal would have set Cas up in a much stronger position.

As it turns out a controversial decision seemed to change the momentum of the game, whether it should have, that’s another matter, but it seemed a crucial moment in the game. Some really average refereeing decisions hammered Cas, and yet they came again, and once more with more calmness from Shenny and Evalds, it could have been so different.

Eventually the best team won, but like so many great Challenge Cup finals, these games are now etched in the supporters memories , superb effort from an undercooked Cas side, a brave team, whom the supporters should be proud of.
Well said. It just wasn't to be.

Brilliant reaction in the first half after a punishing first 15/20 mins. Not enough gas left in 2nd half to trouble Saints.

They got the rub of the green with refereeing calls but teams usually do when they are dominating. Doesn't make it right though as some of those calls were embarrassing.

Gutted for everyone but especially DP who deserved a big send off. 3 defeats in 3 finals will be difficult to take for him.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Jul 2021, 12:19

Well what a day.
Got home at 1.15am this morning.

Started great, bus journey enjoyable everyone up beat.
Walked to stadium, fans milling around, cas/saints/both hull clubs, Warrington.
Game kicks off we take a 12 6 half time lead (should have been more).

Then it went pear shaped in every way.
Poor second half and a defeat.
So everyone on the bus was miserable and subdued.

Then it went down hill fast.
A hour and a half into our journey home, which so far was going smoothly.

A passenger was taken poorly and became unresponsive.
So a few miles north of Northampton, we pulled over luckily there was one of them motorway 4x4’s parked up.
999 was called, ambulance came. We was told to leave the bus, which we all did. The a doctor arrived, then 3 fire engines.

The man was given oxygen and put on a drip, whilst still in his seat.
After about 2hrs the seats of the bus was taken out and the man stretchered out and into the ambulance.

Luckily over the road was a garage that did food and had a toilet.
After then finding out we can’t go home on the original bus, we had to wait another 2 hours for a reserve bus, which was coming from Rochdale.

All credit to the emergency service, who was on scene only 10 mins after the 999 call. Also a big thank you to the police who asked the garage owner if he would stay open so we could have drinks and use to toilets, which he agreed too.

After what seemed an age a bus arrived at 11pm.
Finally walked into the house at 1.15am after setting off from Wembley at 6pm.

PS. The man regained consciousness, he looked much better as they took him away.

All in all a shabby day.

Casforthecup
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casforthecup » 18 Jul 2021, 13:43

I had a great day, apart from the result. And I was really disappointed by one of our so-called fans [Cut out the swearing] and blinding calling Cas spineless, gutless then with more [Cut out the swearing] and blinding screaming at people around him to get behind the team and give them some acknowledgement. For me, cas were beaten by an excellent Saints defence. In the second half we didn’t look like scoring.No shame in that