Deadline missed

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Deadline missed

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 19 Jun 2021, 10:48

The RFL set a deadline for an update on Wembley tickets as “End of the week” and that for me was yesterday due to normal working hours. Whilst I appreciate they are working with Wembley and the Government they should still have give an update as to what is happening just to keep up with their time scales and communications.

Is no news good news? Do we think the longer it takes is a good sign? If there was no chance of an increase would we have been told already.

I am hoping that it is taking a bit longer as the numbers are going to increase but the discussion is by how many. Maybe I am hoping too much but that’s what a am clinging on to.

It is 4 weeks today and people are still wanting to make plans and 4 weeks is long enough but the decision needs to be made in the next few days and not much later.

Let’s hope it is good news and everyone that wants to go will get a ticket.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Deadline missed

Post by Mucky1978 » 19 Jun 2021, 11:27

It’s a shambles.
Any other sport it would of been sorted by Tuesday.

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 19 Jun 2021, 11:33

Wimbledon can operate at full capacity for tennis (spit) Royal Ascot packed and not a face nappy in sight .
Cloth cap sports , "Know your place" reduced capacity and dont forget your nappies.
No face nappies, distancing or quarantine at the G7 conference

Can you see it yet??????

No restrictions at scarborough pirates this aft though :D

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 19 Jun 2021, 11:33

Wimbledon can operate at full capacity for tennis (spit) Royal Ascot packed and not a face nappy in sight .
Cloth cap sports , "Know your place" reduced capacity and dont forget your nappies.
No face nappies, distancing or quarantine at the G7 conference

Can you see it yet??????

No restrictions at scarborough pirates this aft though :D

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 19 Jun 2021, 11:36

If there have been talks already then it makes you wonder what it is that is making the decision a long drawn out one. If the football has been agreed then surely the same information and rules should apply?

Apparently there is a rumour that the RFL have asked for a special event status and asked for a 40,000+ capacity. If that is true then would everyone be happy with that figure?

Taking off the tickets already sold that would leave around 23,000 to share out. Plenty to appease a lot of fans at all 4 clubs.

We shall see.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 19 Jun 2021, 12:36

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 10:48 The RFL set a deadline for an update on Wembley tickets as “End of the week” and that for me was yesterday due to normal working hours. Whilst I appreciate they are working with Wembley and the Government they should still have give an update as to what is happening just to keep up with their time scales and communications.

Is no news good news? Do we think the longer it takes is a good sign? If there was no chance of an increase would we have been told already.

I am hoping that it is taking a bit longer as the numbers are going to increase but the discussion is by how many. Maybe I am hoping too much but that’s what a am clinging on to.

It is 4 weeks today and people are still wanting to make plans and 4 weeks is long enough but the decision needs to be made in the next few days and not much later.

Let’s hope it is good news and everyone that wants to go will get a ticket.
Probably not that simple tbf . These test events require everyone tested or vaxed . You can't announce what isnt confirmed.
TM Out

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 19 Jun 2021, 12:47

Obviously not but an update to what is happening wouldn’t be difficult especially when we have been given “End of the week” date for more info.

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 19 Jun 2021, 13:22

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 12:47 Obviously not but an update to what is happening wouldn’t be difficult especially when we have been given “End of the week” date for more info.
They didnt say it was the deadline tbh . Talks are ongoing nothing more to say . Yes it's annoying but it's out of our / the RFLs hands atm. Still plenty of time . We had 2 weeks last time .
TM Out

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jun 2021, 14:01

They said we hope to make an announcement before the end of the week, not that they will.

I suspect that everything is likely to be on pause until they see the effects of the cases going up over the next week or so before making a decision.

I also think that the government will be looking at the potential mass transit of people into the South from the North, particularly the North West with Saints where that area of the world has had a surge. Not so much of an issue for all the rich folk based in the South East already for Wimbledon.

I think it will be increased but it may be done staggered with an initial capacity announced for ST holders and existing ticket holders only. If capacity can then increase, tickets to go on general sale. I'd imagine between the 4 clubs we have about 15k ST holders, which added to the 17k allocation for the RFL takes us to 32k.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Jun 2021, 14:42

There was a pretty big mass transit to Wembley from even further North yesterday!

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 19 Jun 2021, 16:47

Told everyone fortnight ago govt been pressured by authorities over semis and final as came out yesterday uefa want 50 to 60 thousand for semi then pushing for more for final. Think 50 to 60 will be enough for rl final as lot will still not go as many people still afraid which is there choice no one else's. Real question is how can semis of euro 2020 and final be played with large capacity because fans cannot isolate for 10 days on arrival as not 10 days between quarters and semis then semis and final. This is why boris may end up opening up early.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Jun 2021, 18:27

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 14:42 There was a pretty big mass transit to Wembley from even further North yesterday!
Fair point but I would imagine many were pre-existing ticket holders that had bought last year when they went on sale/were balloted.

Same for the RFL - first 17k can go still plus whatever additional capacity they can get but may be limited on selling more tickets to fans who haven't already bought.

It also depends on how they do social distancing. With tickets, I'd imagine they would be able to provide delegated seating to specific numbers. But even with 2 people and then a gap of 2 seats, you would only get around 48,000 people in at a max.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Jun 2021, 19:06

HuddsTigers wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 18:27
Tamworth Tiger wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 14:42 There was a pretty big mass transit to Wembley from even further North yesterday!
Fair point but I would imagine many were pre-existing ticket holders that had bought last year when they went on sale/were balloted.

Same for the RFL - first 17k can go still plus whatever additional capacity they can get but may be limited on selling more tickets to fans who haven't already bought.

It also depends on how they do social distancing. With tickets, I'd imagine they would be able to provide delegated seating to specific numbers. But even with 2 people and then a gap of 2 seats, you would only get around 48,000 people in at a max.
Fair enough. Just pointing out that they’ve really gone past credibly using where people are travelling from in the U.K. as a factor, although I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they still do!

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 20 Jun 2021, 19:22

Obviously Hudds you made this statement about space before watching england vs scotland no soclal distancing in there and if was put in before hand was not managed. Scots had way more tickets than they were supposedly given so any covid organization put in beforehand (if there was any) would have gone out of window. Fact is should be everyones choice now were all grown up i have had 2 jabs my son who is 20 is getting jabbed on saturday. Figures just released for may show that covid was 24th biggest killer with less than 1% more people died from both accidents at home and suicide govt own figures that is why boris is now facing pressure