Wembley......have the club learned a lesson

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Wembley......have the club learned a lesson

Post by Burratha » 16 Jun 2021, 13:07

yorky wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 12:51 thanks Burratha, i still find it strange that there's no Wembley gear on sale on the cas web site.
The shop's run by Elite Pro Sports, and they have nothing to do with the Wembley merchandise. I think the club would have needed to get a website re-work in order to bolt-in a temporary Wembley store. Maybe the availability of the web developer and/or the cost made it a non-starter?

A news article would have been useful, however.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 16 Jun 2021, 15:50

To be fair, there could be a risk of buying too much merchandise and being left with loads of unsold stuff. As yet we have no idea of how many tickets will be available and whilst many would buy any old tat when getting behind a Wembley trip but the majority are likely to be going down.

Will there be a similar demand if only 5/6k fans can go?

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 16 Jun 2021, 16:54

God we're going to Wembley but you wouldn't think it walking round town. I understand people have had it hard and some still are. But this doesn't happen so often let's do something as stated where's the caps/ banners/ flags it's all turning a bit flat Christ I'm begining to think what's the point. The club's going down the sheyite hole.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Jun 2021, 16:56

Cafe in market are trimmed up.
Only place I’ve seen so far.

dj nelly
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Neil230467

Post by dj nelly » 16 Jun 2021, 16:57

Some nice car flags on fb

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 17 Jun 2021, 18:44

WE HAD 5000 car stickers last time and gave the supporters club a number to sell to raise money.
Tried the same this year but permission denied to use the LOGO as the club are doing car stickers.

That's fine we dropped out.................... it cost us close on a Grand to produce and give away.

Lets just hope they do get them sorted.
robbo
Truth is always best !

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 17 Jun 2021, 19:16

Priority is a win obviously, but I hope Cas play in their traditional colours of black & amber for the final. Don’t want to see any orange!

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 17 Jun 2021, 19:29

They're selling merchandise in-store, but also through the club eBay shop.

Jester's Hat - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154495489774

Scarf - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154496781076

Car Sticker - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154496786820

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Jun 2021, 20:00

usacas wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 19:16 Priority is a win obviously, but I hope Cas play in their traditional colours of black & amber for the final. Don’t want to see any orange!
Got to agree usacas, the Amber away kit we have this year for me.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 17 Jun 2021, 21:48

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 20:00
usacas wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 19:16 Priority is a win obviously, but I hope Cas play in their traditional colours of black & amber for the final. Don’t want to see any orange!
Got to agree usacas, the Amber away kit we have this year for me.
That would do me fine.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 18 Jun 2021, 11:28

I have just looked on the website for a couple of shirts for Wembley, presuming we get tickets, and the choices are very poor.

The home/away shirt are only available in XS and S and the polo shirts aren’t much better.

Why does this happen every time we get to a final?

Perfect opportunity to boost finances and all we can buy is a car sticker, a scarf in the middle of summer and a ridiculous jester hat. The marketing team need to do better and more and quicker.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 18 Jun 2021, 13:06

Has the bloke in Cas market got anything - he’s normally on top of things. That eBay shop of ours is a disgrace! Think I’ll be wearing my 94 shirt for Wembley

Just looked on Saints website - they have a few cheap t shirts, flags, etc.. with a banner on their website saying ‘get kitted out for wembley’ with a direct link straight to the Wembley stuff and that new stock is to be added.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 18 Jun 2021, 13:32

I saw the Saints website with shirts etc on it. As I said Fev have merchandise for sale too but not York.

There may be plans from the club that we don’t know yet but history tells a different tale.

To not be able to buy a 2021 shirt and we are at Wembley and not even half way through the season isnt good. Again maybe some have been ordered.

@CasRugbyShirts
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrugbyshirts

Post by @CasRugbyShirts » 18 Jun 2021, 15:05

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 13:32 I saw the Saints website with shirts etc on it. As I said Fev have merchandise for sale too but not York.

There may be plans from the club that we don’t know yet but history tells a different tale.

To not be able to buy a 2021 shirt and we are at Wembley and not even half way through the season isnt good. Again maybe some have been ordered.
The club originally ordered significantly less shirts this year than in previous seasons, given the financial challenges of the pandemic.
When the home and away shirts sold out, the club ran a pre-order system for anyone who wanted to buy one, to avoid excess stock.
Unfortunately, it takes much longer than 6 weeks for a batch of replica shirts to be ordered, manufactured and transported to the UK, so the club can’t just magic some more up because we have made the cup final.
As far as I can see, the club have produced a range of merchandise for the cup final, most of which is available in all three shops and online on the club’s EBay page.
Follow me on Twitter @casrugbyshirts

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 18 Jun 2021, 15:25

@CasRugbyShirts wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 15:05 As far as I can see, the club have produced a range of merchandise for the cup final, most of which is available in all three shops and online on the club’s EBay page.
A range of merchandise?? A car sticker, a scarf and a generic jesters hat?! The only 2 things that mention Wembley are a sticker and a scarf - hardly a ‘range of merchandise’ ’

@CasRugbyShirts
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by @CasRugbyShirts » 18 Jun 2021, 16:02

derbystiger wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 15:25
@CasRugbyShirts wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 15:05 As far as I can see, the club have produced a range of merchandise for the cup final, most of which is available in all three shops and online on the club’s EBay page.
A range of merchandise?? A car sticker, a scarf and a generic jesters hat?! The only 2 things that mention Wembley are a sticker and a scarf - hardly a ‘range of merchandise’ ’
In addition to those, there are four different T-shirt designs (all specifically for Wembley 2021), and I thought I had also seen car flags and some larger 'waving' flags.
What else would you expect the club to produce?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Jun 2021, 16:20

@CasRugbyShirts wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 16:02
In addition to those, there are four different T-shirt designs (all specifically for Wembley 2021), and I thought I had also seen car flags and some larger 'waving' flags.
Replica shirts of the ones they will be wearing in the final?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 18 Jun 2021, 16:26

I just feel this is going to be a massive waste of an opportunity to make some money towards the clubs finances.

Would the manufacturers of the shirts not be able to do something a bit quicker and in turn make themselves a few quid?

To get to a major final and not make the most of it seems to be how things are done at Cas, always been the same.

You can bet there will be some people very shortly making shirts, flags etc quickly and making a few quid on the back of things.

@CasRugbyShirts
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by @CasRugbyShirts » 18 Jun 2021, 16:30

Tamworth Tiger wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 16:20
@CasRugbyShirts wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 16:02
Replica shirts of the ones they will be wearing in the final?
As above, the time from order to delivery is longer than the time between the semi-final and final. Even if an order was placed immediately following the semi-final, they would not have been with the club until after the final.

@CasRugbyShirts
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by @CasRugbyShirts » 18 Jun 2021, 16:31

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 16:26 I just feel this is going to be a massive waste of an opportunity to make some money towards the clubs finances.

Would the manufacturers of the shirts not be able to do something a bit quicker and in turn make themselves a few quid?

To get to a major final and not make the most of it seems to be how things are done at Cas, always been the same.

You can bet there will be some people very shortly making shirts, flags etc quickly and making a few quid on the back of things.
Aside from more replica shirts (even if that could be done, which it can’t), what else do you think the club are not producing?