Serious Question

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Serious Question

Post by Swagger » 12 Jun 2021, 23:11

I've been watching Cas 20 years now and never noticed this before. To be fair I think Thursday was probably only the 2nd time I have ever stood in the Princess Street stand though.....

So the question is....

Why do we have a pretend bird hanging from rope underneath the gantry?? :lol:

Few different reasons sprung to my mind but I literally left with no clue. So if anyone knows the correct reason I would love to know.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Serious Question

Post by SuffolkTiger » 12 Jun 2021, 23:17

Swagger wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 23:11 I've been watching Cas 20 years now and never noticed this before. To be fair I think Thursday was probably only the 2nd time I have ever stood in the Princess Street stand though.....

So the question is....

Why do we have a pretend bird hanging from rope underneath the gantry?? :lol:

Few different reasons sprung to my mind but I literally left with no clue. So if anyone knows the correct reason I would love to know.
Is it a modest tribute to Deon Bird?

Or Dave Finch?

Or a sublime reference to Casper?

Burbo79

Post by Burbo79 » 13 Jun 2021, 07:21

I’ve not noticed the bird before. But if I had to guess, I would say it’s to frighten off birds that could nest on the gantry. I do believe once a songbird has nested and laid eggs you’re not allowed to move it or interfere in anyway. So the gantry would become unusable for the duration.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 13 Jun 2021, 10:44

Pity we hang something up to keep away teams from coming the way we're playing.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 13 Jun 2021, 11:44

Was going to wonder down to see if could get into ladies game only to find out off a friend whose on twitter game is off why is our club website never updated properly, for example click in ladies or younger teams results fixtures not updated last result on ladies is mid april so here's another serious question why?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Jun 2021, 11:47

It is off due to a medical staff shortage, and was only announced an hour ago.

It was also being played at Belle Vue.

And the person who covered the Women's games has now left the club, I believe to go cover York. I'm sure the club would love to hear from anyone willing to volunteer and cover the games for them.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

LeeThorpe898
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by LeeThorpe898 » 13 Jun 2021, 16:52

68tiger wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 11:44 Was going to wonder down to see if could get into ladies game only to find out off a friend whose on twitter game is off why is our club website never updated properly, for example click in ladies or younger teams results fixtures not updated last result on ladies is mid april so here's another serious question why?
Tbf the club website it useless for staying up to date. I find most my information about cas from this forum or fb lol