on to Wakefield

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: on to Wakefield

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Jun 2021, 11:50

Big win with players missing then going off injured. Just shows what hard work effort and commitment can bring.

Never going to be a try fest or open rugby but a great effort.

Enjoy your pint on Friday Gateman. 😎😎😎

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 17 Jun 2021, 11:58

I can only imagine the whole of the Wakey club/fans are bitterly disappointed with that result as we were there for the taking and certainly didn't give a polished performance.

However, always happy to get the two and Richardson looked like he'd got the kick up the rear he needed.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 17 Jun 2021, 12:36

Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 20:39
jackknife wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 19:21 Turner might end up in halfs if either GOB is carrying a knock or Richardson isn't doing well.
Fantastic shout Jacknife, that’s exactly what happened 👏👏👏👏👏👏
I know my onions 😂 😂 😂 (yes got one right)
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Jun 2021, 12:42

Correct 👏👏👏

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 17 Jun 2021, 14:36

The positives were that we won ugly, got our first league win in what seems an age, and an added bonus of extending our winning run to fifteen. Richardson looked better than I've seen him play in ages, Matagi was our best forward for me, and Olpherts' runs out of backfield are really going under the radar - he's making excellent metres and relieving the pressure on us when we get under the cosh on our own line. Just the odd fumble at the play the ball that lets him down!

I thought Wakey were going to come out all guns blazing in truth and was a bit surprised at how low intensity the game was, but we did enough. It's about building I suppose. We've seen what we're capable of against Wire in the semi, but have been poor in the league. We need to take confidence from it and use it as a spring board to now build and get our form in order for the final and climb the league table. The fans deserve a good showing at home as we've had to wait since last March against Saints for a decent performance in front of the home crowd. Fingers crossed we'll get it next week against Catalans. I'm not sure what to expect next week but it'll be tougher than last night., although who will be in the England/Combined All Stars selection could make a difference. Hopefully they'll pick Tomkins at full back and a couple of others in the all stars - it does sound like DP expects McShane to be missing for us anyway.

Also, fingers crossed both GOB and Tupou make swift recoveries from the nasty looking injuries.

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 17 Jun 2021, 14:53

lurcher wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 22:58
the changeling wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 17:53
Lofthouse Tiger wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 11:34 I doubt DP will go now we are at Wembley and even after then he will be here for the remainder.

I also think that once Wembley is done and dusted then we have time to pick up and aim for the top 6 as we have plenty of games left to achieve it. Having said that a win tonight will be valuable and same with Catalans next week.

Closer to Wembley the team will have many players "Rested" as the CC Final is the focus for DP and the club even though it may be isn't for the fans.

We would all love a win against Wakefield but the run of 14 wins will end one day. If it was tonight would anyone be seriously unhappy?
I would , I am surrounded by polecats at the coast
i'm at brid mate and we don't see many wakey shirts unless they've won a couple. ;)
Landlord round the corner at scholars bar is a polecat, i will be having a couple before the wire v saints game toneet. if he doesnt bar me :D

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 17 Jun 2021, 14:59

Morrissey wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 14:36

Also, fingers crossed both GOB and Tupou make swift recoveries from the nasty looking injuries.
re those two injuries , I wonder if the pitch played its part, it seemed to be rock hard.

Maybe the polecats were saving a few quid by not watering the pitch

Tupous injury looked worse than GOBs

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 17 Jun 2021, 15:05

Had to giggle at skys kiss of death "super winger" profile on Tom Johnstone.

Clarke excelled again in his [REMOVED] analysis before and after the game as well

Did he TJ do anything at all in the game????

Hope the Westy rumours are correct, the lads looking strong

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 17 Jun 2021, 15:17

the changeling wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 15:05 Had to giggle at skys kiss of death "super winger" profile on Tom Johnstone.

Clarke excelled again in his [REMOVED] analysis before and after the game as well

Did he TJ do anything at all in the game????

Hope the Westy rumours are correct, the lads looking strong
TJ may aswell have stopped at home - how a coach can have a winger like that and no plan to get the ball to him I don't know - maybe Chester forgot TJ was back from injury? :lol:

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 17 Jun 2021, 15:17

the changeling wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 14:59
Morrissey wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 14:36

re those two injuries , I wonder if the pitch played its part, it seemed to be rock hard.

Maybe the polecats were saving a few quid by not watering the pitch

Tupous injury looked worse than GOBs
Funnily enough as they were treating Tupou I was thinking back a few years (was it Adam Milner?) who got in a bit of a Twitter spat with a few Wakefield fans after injuring an ankle on the Belle Vue turf and saying the players felt it was too hard? I may have just imagined that though!

Not saying that was the case on this occasion but it did look quite firm after all the sun we've had.

the changeling
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the changeling » 17 Jun 2021, 15:52

Last one on this game

What does Fifita bring to the party, his "aggression" is that of a petulant schoolkid,

How does he even get a contract the big useless pudding

Remembering him dancing at belle end when he thought they had nicked a win :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Jun 2021, 16:14

From Wakefield’s twitter account.

Trinity can confirm that Bill Tupou suffered a ruptured patellar tendon last night and will require surgery next week, which will rule him out for the rest of the 2021 campaign.

We’re with you all the way, @TupouBill - you’ll be back stronger

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 17 Jun 2021, 16:56

old cas lass wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 16:14 From Wakefield’s twitter account.

Trinity can confirm that Bill Tupou suffered a ruptured patellar tendon last night and will require surgery next week, which will rule him out for the rest of the 2021 campaign.

We’re with you all the way, @TupouBill - you’ll be back stronger
And like GOB's, it looked innocuous until he couldn't move.

This is a tough one so hopefully he'll recover and play again.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Jun 2021, 17:00

I still think GOB’s was caused by fouls play by Eddie Battye. He made contact with GOB whilst he was in the air, which, when catching the ball is a penalty.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 17 Jun 2021, 20:01

Hope GOB fit for wembley time will tell but here's a cheeky fought could we attract george burgess on a month loan if gob can't make final. Player without club at present and throw in chance of a wembley final could he be interested

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Jun 2021, 20:04

Maybe we could see Richardson have a MOTM performance to beat his old club at Wembley?

I think he is capable and it would be a fantastic story for him and us.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 17 Jun 2021, 20:05

Do you mean George Williams?
Don't fancy Burgess at HB

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 17 Jun 2021, 20:07

Yes meant williams cheers spanish. I am watching highlights of bunnies vs broncos just had brain freeze with surname then cheers

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 17 Jun 2021, 20:24

LOL easily done, I mixed up South Milford with Sherburn in Elmet last week!

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 17 Jun 2021, 22:46

the changeling wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 15:52 Last one on this game

What does Fifita bring to the party, his "aggression" is that of a petulant schoolkid,

How does he even get a contract the big useless pudding

Remembering him dancing at belle end when he thought they had nicked a win :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Highest meter making forward by a mile yesterday, 152m at an average of 8.4 per carry. More tackles than any other prop on the field as well. Yeah he’s a [REMOVED] but i’d have him down the lane any day.