Alex foster.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Alex foster.

Post by old cas lass » 10 Jun 2021, 23:22

According to powell he should be ok.
Felt some pain in his neck, which apparently spooked him, DP’s words not mine.
Which is good new, cos I thought it looked more serious.

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Alex foster.

Post by Tigerman2014 » 10 Jun 2021, 23:26

Wasn’t a sin binning or put on report either another poor bit of officiating JON got binned last week and King got straight back up from it

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Jun 2021, 23:44

Tigerman2014 wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 23:26 Wasn’t a sin binning or put on report either another poor bit of officiating JON got binned last week and King got straight back up from it
Makes your blood boil.
Two same incidents with totally different outcomes.
](*,)

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 11 Jun 2021, 06:55

old cas lass wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 23:44
Tigerman2014 wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 23:26 Wasn’t a sin binning or put on report either another poor bit of officiating JON got binned last week and King got straight back up from it
Makes your blood boil.
Two same incidents with totally different outcomes.
](*,)
Fuming. Cannot see how people defend Hicks' performance. So many high shots unpunished last night. Reynolds twice jumped up into contact and pretty much attacked the heads of Massey and Holmes. Should be 10 minutes after the second and a warning.
The Foster incident should have incurred 10 mins for dangerous contact which resulted in a serious delay.
Tbf they dominated in the tackle but he let them lay on without movement to release for so long it was ridiculous at points. But the Foster injury was crazy when you think of how we have been sanctioned previously.
Hope he is OK. Worst injury I can remember.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 15 Jun 2021, 14:35

i see those wise and Noble men on the RFL disciplinary committee can see no wrong with Sneyd's tackle. Perhaps it's a technique we can coach our players to use on a regular basis?

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 15 Jun 2021, 14:57

Rules say can’t lift hips above the horizontal, Fozzy was “slightly” above horizontal, which apparently made it ok.
Maybe Jacques lifted slightly higher than slightly. May get away with a high tackle if it’s only slightly above the shoulder. Liam got two games for slight contact, theatrically reacted to. Fozzy wasn’t been theatrical as he was strapped in, but had he had his neck broken would the “slightly” still be allowable?
For me it is or it isn’t.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 15 Jun 2021, 15:07

cogito ergo sum wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 14:57 Rules say can’t lift hips above the horizontal, Fozzy was “slightly” above horizontal, which apparently made it ok.
Maybe Jacques lifted slightly higher than slightly. May get away with a high tackle if it’s only slightly above the shoulder. Liam got two games for slight contact, theatrically reacted to. Fozzy wasn’t been theatrical as he was strapped in, but had he had his neck broken would the “slightly” still be allowable?
Exactly. It is black or white, no room for movement. Was a law of the game broken? Yes it was. Does it matter if it was “slightly” broken? No (it shouldn’t) as you’re then introducing opinion into the matter, rather than just fact.

FIat Capper
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by FIat Capper » 15 Jun 2021, 15:47

Reading the minutes/notes for the decision it appears that as Foster first landed on his arm/shoulder and the lift was exacerbated but a second defender joining the tackle, Sneyd's efforts were deemed penalty sufficient.

Crock o' the usual but this is the RFL...

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 15 Jun 2021, 17:25

cogito ergo sum wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 14:57 Rules say can’t lift hips above the horizontal, Fozzy was “slightly” above horizontal, which apparently made it ok.
Not a problem anymore. I gather all the squad have now been issued with protractors.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 15 Jun 2021, 17:39

Nu Shooze wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 17:25
Not a problem anymore. I gather all the squad have now been issued with protractors.
Not our squad that needs one, we get sin-binned regardless.
Rather than a protractor, it’s a spirit level needed. That way they can check if the victim is “slightly” out of level, just like my bricklaying, only slightly out, but ok because the top of the wall only slopes a little bit.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 15 Jun 2021, 20:00

A lot of refs performances get picked up as been poor but fought ref in semi was decent hopefully get him in final, video ref on day was awful seemed we waited an eternity even after seeing it on big screen. Hope foster is back to full fitness asap we need as many options over next month as possible