CC Final Tickets

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

CC Final Tickets

Post by Swagger » 06 Jun 2021, 12:31

Any rumours to the amount we are getting. Surely some of the in the know crew may know something.

In no way am I in the know but I've heard only 6000 to each club which will be balloted.

If this is the case that is an awful decision. Surely should be 3 stages....

Season ticket holders

Fans who have bought match tickets this year

Everyone else

Let's see. I sure hope the 6000 figure is wrong as there will be plenty of fans who miss out.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: CC Final Tickets

Post by old cas lass » 06 Jun 2021, 12:34

Hope to god it’s not a ballot.
This is a family and friends final.
If 3 people from the same family go into the ballot and only one is draw out.
Who wants to travel to London on their own....not me.

Should be season tickets only for the first 2/3 days, after that, open to everyone.

I can see it being a rate rugbyBALLS UP.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 06 Jun 2021, 12:42

Wembley is huge.
6k each is ridiculous
Isn't there a new lockdown ruling due 21st June?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 06 Jun 2021, 12:46

ERG2012 wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 12:42 Wembley is huge.
6k each is ridiculous
Yes there is.
Just waiting on boris tomorrow to tell us what will happen next week.
If he lifts all restrictions then surely the capacity will be raised.
If he’s more cautious and leaves it as it is, then the capacity will be very small.
Fingers crossed he lifts all restrictions.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 06 Jun 2021, 12:54

Swagger wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 12:31 Any rumours to the amount we are getting. Surely some of the in the know crew may know something.

In no way am I in the know but I've heard only 6000 to each club which will be balloted.

If this is the case that is an awful decision. Surely should be 3 stages....

Season ticket holders

Fans who have bought match tickets this year

Everyone else

Let's see. I sure hope the 6000 figure is wrong as there will be plenty of fans who miss out.

FA Cup final last month had 21k there but only 6k to each time.

Unless Boris unlocks more on 21st sadly I think the numbers allowed will be the same as the FA Cup

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 06 Jun 2021, 12:58

The Event isn't even advertised on the Wembley official website

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 06 Jun 2021, 13:04

What is current percentage of capacity allowed in? 25% ish? 2,400 tickets allocated yesterday at Leigh.
So even if easing lockdown remains cautious should still be quarter to 1/5 of capacity at Wembley. So of 90,000 should mean 18,000 to 22,500. Season ticket holders should get first dibs.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Jun 2021, 14:17

Season Tickets will get first pop at buying a ticket but will and should only be 1 each. There won’t be enough for more than that.

Based on these figures that will leave over half left for everyone else to join a ballot. It will be almost impossible for families/friends to get a ticket each unless they all have a ST.

Nowhere near enough so let’s hope the restrictions are lifted.

What about the fans that went yesterday to be guaranteed a ticket? They were all ST holders and chose to go to the semi where others didn’t? Just asking like?

We looked on the RFL website in the car after the game and they had closed the ticket sales. Not sure when they will go on sale again if there are any to sell.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 06 Jun 2021, 14:29

But Euro 2020 games at wembley there is talk of full house for the semi final and finals.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 06 Jun 2021, 14:30

Corporate will be available but not cheap.

I agree it should be season and life members
Then ballot.
Pretty sure a healthy market in tickets .
Truth is always best !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Jun 2021, 16:03

The Euros are working to a 22500 capacity for group games and working towards a socially distanced 45k for the final, permitting cases don't continue to climb. There is still another week to go and two weeks before any restrictions potentially change. Lots of time given the new Delta variant for things to go belly up again.

If it operates at 45k, then the RFL was selling 17000 tickets themselves before, which means 28k to be split between 4 clubs and hospitality. Not sure how many hospitality places there are but let's assume 3k including friends and family of players, that leaves 25k.

Reckon 2.5k to each Championship club though I reckon they could sell more, and around 10k for each SL, which I feel is fair. Although I'm not sure what proportion get given to coach tours/trip companies so that may knock it down a bit.

In terms of how Cas should sell the tickets, each ST holder should get 2 tickets guaranteed. That means no ST holder goes alone if they don't want to, and stops a ST holder buying a load of non-ST holder tickets at the expense of those who fronted up cash to the club for the season.

ST holders can then enter a ballot with the remaining non-ST holder fans for tickets/extra tickets of the remaining 4k.

Stops glory fans and daytrippers, rewards loyal fans and a fair process.

I would also explicitly state and add that this process should be done *entirely online* so as not penalise people who can't get to Cas to get tickets. If not, it would be a catastrophic and unjust system that penalises workers and those who live outside the area, yet who are loyal ST holder fans. I know there are people in the South East, North East and even like myself 20 odd miles away that can't get to Cas.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 06 Jun 2021, 16:14

The 1885 Cup is also scheduled for Wembley on July 17th which unless they expect people to vacate the stadium between games will reduce ticket allocation.
If it is the case the stadium will have four sets of finalist spectators in.
This makes it even more imperative that season ticket holders get first refusals for the game(s)
Not a season ticket holder myself so l will have to wait and hope.

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 06 Jun 2021, 16:16

HuddsTigers wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 16:03 The Euros are working to a 22500 capacity for group games and working towards a socially distanced 45k for the final, permitting cases don't continue to climb. There is still another week to go and two weeks before any restrictions potentially change. Lots of time given the new Delta variant for things to go belly up again.

If it operates at 45k, then the RFL was selling 17000 tickets themselves before, which means 28k to be split between 4 clubs and hospitality. Not sure how many hospitality places there are but let's assume 3k including friends and family of players, that leaves 25k.

Reckon 2.5k to each Championship club though I reckon they could sell more, and around 10k for each SL, which I feel is fair. Although I'm not sure what proportion get given to coach tours/trip companies so that may knock it down a bit.

In terms of how Cas should sell the tickets, each ST holder should get 2 tickets guaranteed. That means no ST holder goes alone if they don't want to, and stops a ST holder buying a load of non-ST holder tickets at the expense of those who fronted up cash to the club for the season.

ST holders can then enter a ballot with the remaining non-ST holder fans for tickets/extra tickets of the remaining 4k.

Stops glory fans and daytrippers, rewards loyal fans and a fair process.

I would also explicitly state and add that this process should be done *entirely online* so as not penalise people who can't get to Cas to get tickets. If not, it would be a catastrophic and unjust system that penalises workers and those who live outside the area, yet who are loyal ST holder fans. I know there are people in the South East, North East and even like myself 20 odd miles away that can't get to Cas.
Agree entirely. Loyalty has to be rewarded if there is to be a seriously limited number. 10k would be decent. I hope you are right. I assume numbers won't be an issue COVID-wise until after the final has been played so hope at least the initial plans for this 'roadmap' out are implemented as they suggested they would do.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 06 Jun 2021, 16:44

No real faith in rl couldn't run a blank in a brewery, should be demanding same allocation as for whatever euro 2021 gets. One thing puzzling me and i asked them this on an email before we even played a cup game is how could rl be selling tickets to an event they did not know allocation for, i said all tickets should be held till knew capacity of event

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 06 Jun 2021, 16:48

ERG2012 wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 12:42 Wembley is huge.
6k each is ridiculous
hancocks latest statement on this is that "this was always meant to be the earliest date that restrictions could be lifted. its not certain"
jo brand is eddie warings love child

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 06 Jun 2021, 16:55

we have just been talking in the pub that there will be a lot of fans disappointed. so in these uncertain times have he club got enough nouce to make some money out of a final appearance, ie open the ground hire a big screen barbecue maybe live band for when people return could make some serious money which i am sure is needed.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 06 Jun 2021, 17:00

Everyone in major at risk groups as had 2 jabs now so get open average death rate is 82 cannot see many 82 year olds going to game. It is about time govt said open up those who too scared to go out stay in but let rest of us get on with our lives. This govt let 2 million people come in this country from abroad since start of year, it let indians fly off to religious festivals half way round world while you could not go to your church round corner. Boris knew of indian version yet did not shut borders so if 21st june delayed he should be held responible and resign. One last point we can't go abroad yet dingies landing none stop spoke to one of them in hotel on oulton who had not even been in country fortnight so why they not been made to isolate raised this issue to alec shelbrooke my area mp

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 06 Jun 2021, 17:08

After following club for over 50 years not seen such pathetic over top stewarding 1st me and family told not to walk across car park due to covid said how am i supposed to get my snack and tablets out of back of car. Then went to toilets at game told to go left and walk all way round when no one within 30 feet of me. Then at end we all piled out of doors at same time so what was point of social distancing. rl went over top with restrictions and ask some wheelchair users said at end was on saints side watching game and cooperates in boxes did not seem to be following same rules but hey we've all seen it over last few months rules for thee but not for me

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 06 Jun 2021, 17:12

Greenhouse was going to go to ground and cheer bus back yesterday but didn't as don't know what rules were. We have always gone back and cheered bus back after big games even when lost, eg in raper days like saints playoff loss used to always go to pub or tiger bar

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Jun 2021, 17:53

Fev v York in the curtain raiser too, so both fans will also have to have tickets.

Really hope the Challenge Cup final tickets are given to Cas and Saints to distribute, I've no problem not getting a ticket over another Cas fan, but if a fan of another club gets a ticket and I can't, I'll be [REMOVED].