Hull on Thursday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Hull on Thursday

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 11 Jun 2021, 22:25

Said on previous thread:
Trueman back injury needing to be managed. Reckon will feature but not often.
Evalds similar but with shoulder. Could need surgery. Being managed.
GOB ribs.
Matagi rested.
Eden hamstring.
Clare knock. Smith leg. Blair knock.
Turner not sure if rested or knock.

Macca was hobbling. Milner went off and never returned so not sure about him.

6 games to Wembley. My guess is we won't see a settled team at all in the run up.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Jun 2021, 09:06

We could always do what we seem to do every season recently, write it off and look forward to next season.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Jun 2021, 09:09

And why are we resting Matagi? He’s played about one and a half hours after a long rest.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Jun 2021, 09:15

cogito ergo sum wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 09:09 And why are we resting Matagi? He’s played about one and a half hours after a long rest.
Agree he should have been bursting to play Thursday ...unless he is injured again
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Jun 2021, 09:17

cogito ergo sum wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 09:06 We could always do what we seem to do every season recently, write it off and look forward to next season.
It's been non stop injury crisis for best part of four years
Hope we can manage to get our best team out for Wembley put on a show and then like you said hope for better next season on the injury front
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 Jun 2021, 09:25

tigerfeat wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 09:15
cogito ergo sum wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 09:09 And why are we resting Matagi? He’s played about one and a half hours after a long rest.
Agree he should have been bursting to play Thursday ...unless he is injured again
Or we’re managing his return so as not to risk a reoccurrence of his previous injury. But that would be a positive spin and that’s not done by many on here.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Jun 2021, 09:28

Fumper27 wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 09:25
Or we’re managing his return so as not to risk a reoccurrence of his previous injury. But that would be a positive spin and that’s not done by many on here.
Ha ha you make me laugh ...like you said the other day some people with argue blacks white
And there's no need to end your post with snide comments about other posters being negative
Vince Lombardi

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 12 Jun 2021, 10:32

Just watched game back on youtube as been working all week personally thought cas did well with limited team put out. Qareqare took is chance well to go round defence showed confidence in himself, personally i thought ref was poor from watching how many forward passes from hull halfs shocking pull finger out linesmen you can assist the ref with these decisions. We did well to restrict scoreline but only negative i saw was we played too much one man up middle we looked to worry them more when spreading ball and other negative was richardson last plays poor kicks/options as you could see from some of powell;s reactions

Dennis Vazquez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dennis Vazquez » 12 Jun 2021, 10:33

Apparently as part of his recovery as they didn't want to push too hard too quickly.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 12 Jun 2021, 10:44

As i said previously give powell and team benefit this week after last weeks performance with so many just coming back and roll out everyone to keep them so called big city fans fans down road quiet, would rather play full team vs wakey after rest than risk anything in short turnaround against hull

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 12 Jun 2021, 10:48

68tiger wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 10:44 As i said previously give powell and team benefit this week after last weeks performance with so many just coming back and roll out everyone to keep them so called big city fans fans down road quiet, would rather play full team vs wakey after rest than risk anything in short turnaround against hull
Agree.
I'd hope to see a statement of intent in both squad selection and performance for the Wakey game.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 12 Jun 2021, 10:48

tigerfeat wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 09:28
Fumper27 wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 09:25
Ha ha you make me laugh ...like you said the other day some people with argue blacks white
And there's no need to end your post with snide comments about other posters being negative
I’m a “glass half full” kinda guy. Therefore, try to see the positives 😀rather than the negatives ☹️
Also, just for reference, I’ll end my posts how I choose thanks. I don’t dictate to you or anyone else what they can or cannot post so please extend me the same courteously. If the mods have a problem with it, they will deal with it. Enjoy the sun ☀️

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 12 Jun 2021, 11:03

End of day were all on here because we love cas tigers and rugby league if anyone does not agree with someone else so be it fair enough everyone can see something differently but let everyone say what they want and how and could everyone let people say it how they wish. I personnally know my spelling grammer is not the best as maths my subject but would never pick anyone up on it. Lets all get along follow cas tigers even if we disagree like i said i will hold my hand up if wrong as i will now i was one touching every bit of wood before semi wishing powell all luck and we did it but i will admit if we had been hammered in semi i would have been saying for powell to have gone and lee come in early so he could have seen squad in advance. I still believe after wembley ( good luck daryll/ cas for big day) we should invite lee into set up and let him see how players go . it's not just about on field also how people train and act around squad, sure him and powell both professionals could help each other without getting in each others way

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 12 Jun 2021, 12:20

I can take that team selection and result if everyone is fully focused on the Wakey game. We need to get the league season back on track and the derby is the perfect opportunity. I reckon 5 play off spots are nailed on, Saints, Wigan, Catalan, Hull & Warrington. That 6th spot is open though and there is no reason why we can’t make it ours.

68tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 68tiger » 12 Jun 2021, 15:08

See youngers did well against hull good to see hope rl taking notice of results at our various age groups

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 12 Jun 2021, 16:27

68tiger wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 10:32 Just watched game back on youtube as been working all week personally thought cas did well with limited team put out. Qareqare took is chance well to go round defence showed confidence in himself, personally i thought ref was poor from watching how many forward passes from hull halfs shocking pull finger out linesmen you can assist the ref with these decisions. We did well to restrict scoreline but only negative i saw was we played too much one man up middle we looked to worry them more when spreading ball and other negative was richardson last plays poor kicks/options as you could see from some of powell;s reactions
Radford said posT match that the last 10 minutes is how we should have played all match
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Jun 2021, 13:12